“If you like Indian food, you'll love this place.”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 674 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cervantes street and Perry Street
Description: India, the land of the enchanted, with its varied cultural practices, is tied together by the invisible commonality of its exotic cuisine. It is celebrated for the variety of its dishes based on the artful combination of spices developed over many centuries. Let us thus embark on a culinary journey through the rich traditions and delicate flavors that symbolize the sub-continent. We at THE TASTE OF INDIA offer a richly-varied menu of high quality ingredients, wholesome curries and house toasted spices and spice mixes. All of our food is freshly-prepared on the premises with a lot of attention to detail. It is our hope that you leave us satisfied and with a desire that keeps you coming back.
“If you like Indian food, you'll love this place.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I am inexperienced with Indian cuisine, but am always up for trying new foods. So glad my friends introduced me to this place. I keep going back for more.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Indian that TASTY!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I'm intrigued by Indian food, the colors, vegetarian, spices, curries, etc, and have been dipping my toes in the restaurant waters in search of a restaurant worthy of all the hype for Indian.

By accident, while visiting Pensacola, decided to give this a shot. I have to say, finally, finally, Indian food that exceeded my expectations for flavor and color. From the moment we walked in, my friend and I were warmly greeted. Despite the buffet serving, the American waitress was more than accomodating. She made sure we were greeted quickly and refreshments taken quickly and refilled quickly.
I apologize that I didn't write down the names of our hosts, but the owner and his wife have wonderful smiles, engaging personalities and such laughter! I want to return just for this delightful couple! The wife called herself the Ambassador to the Restaurant...and she was more than willing to describe and explain everything, including how to pair the offerings. I enjoyed each bite with every explanation she offered.

I still couldn't tell you what I ate, but the colors, textures, fragrance and taste finally shed a light on the window of Indian food and why it is so popular. Sort of like Yoga poses... can't remember the pose names or pronounce them, but the exercise is a just delicious!

The food was fresh... even on the hot bar... the tandoori bread was dripping with delightfully sweet butter. Loved the cilantro cream sauce topping..

Also, the restaurant was clean, very clean, as were the bathrooms. Small details but important to me!

Website: newtasteofindia.com
Tel: 850-439-3005
2900 East Cervantes
Buffet 1 am to 3 PM
A la Carte 5-9 P<

• Visited October 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Looking for something different? Worth a shot!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Never had much experience with Indian food. My younger brother is a big fan though, so we checked it out for his birthday. Staff was friendly and the food was excellent. I think it helped that my brother was familiar with the food and gave us good suggestions. The stuff seemed eager to make suggestions as well, so you may not need a guide, but it made our experience less intimidating. Definitely would go back.

Visited December 2011
Florida
“Very original and spicy but not tasty”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

They tried hard, but it took over an hour to get our food, orders were incorrect and some never got what they ordered. Food was very spicy which I happen to like but it didn't have much flavor. It was very expensive so we were all disappointed.

Visited November 2011
Pensacola, FL
“Fresh & Flavorful Indian food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Friendly service and a varied menu of popular savory entrees. The owners welcome you like family. Very popular with local Indian and Middle Eastern folks, which, for me, validates the authenticity and quality of the food.
You never leave this place without a smile.

1 Thank SingingChef