“This is a Great Tourist Attraction, too”

Joe Patti's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Florida
“This is a Great Tourist Attraction, too”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Visit this Seafood Market even if you don't intend to buy anything. There is a great gift shop and gourmet grocery. If you leave without buying a fresh hot bread baton, you have will power. If you make it home with it intact, you must have bought a spare.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“What a Seafood Market!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the best, largest, freshest seafood market we have ever seen. We had so much fun looking through all of the options. My husband filled up a basket - and then some - and then cooked us up a seafood buffet in our condo for supper. Wow - the shrimp and the bay scallops in particular were amazing!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jessica0823
Canton
“Best Steamed Shrimp you'll find!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband had lugged all the necessary equipment to boil shrimp from Texas to Florida for years until he realized he could get the Best Steamed Shrimp at Joe Patti's without all the fuss! Now it's tradition to stop In grab a pound per person, have them steam it to your liking, add a loaf of their sour dough bread and some potato salad and head out to a picnic table along the beach for lunch and a nap! Can't wait to do it again!

Rising Sun, MD.
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I went to the seafood market the day we were due to fly back home. I just wish that I would have visited when we first arrived to enjoy some of the seafood! They have everything you can imagine, and if you've never been to a place like this it's pretty cool! We had the red royal shrimp which were very good. I would just recommend enjoying some of their products while in the area. We found it to be quite expensive to have anything shipped, which is only normal for fresh seafood. I will definitely return early on in my trip to try some fresh seafood while in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Nowhere close to expectations. Not going back.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've heard so many fantastic reviews of Joe Patti's and was so excited to try it that it was one of the first places we went in Pensacola. We walked into the fish market first and were impressed by the smiles and cheery dispositions of the staff; however, we were looking for the restaurant and were redirected across the parking lot, to what might easily be mistaken for a warehouse or garage. Our waitress was very nice, a middle-aged blonde, very attentive, and seemed to know a lot of the patrons personally, which I thought gave the atmosphere a comfortable small-town diner/family deli feeling.

Unfortunately, lunch didn't live up to its legend. Both my shrimp-and-oyster basket (they were out of scallops and all crab products, and didn't serve raw oysters, only fried) and hubby's catch-of-the-day basket were greasy and tasteless, the breading on our fried food way too dark. I've worked in restaurants my whole life - they need to scrub out their deep fryers and change the oil, a relatively simple fix. My son's corndog was barely warm in the middle, looked raw, and the outside was almost completely burnt. He wouldn't even nibble it. Hubby's side salad was very large for 2.50$, and made with healthful spring mix rather than iceburg, but the only topping was shredded cheese. The baked beans were good, if a little on the sweet side, and the hushpuppies weren't bad either, but the onion rings were about 1:10, onion: rock-hard crust.

Normally, I'm not a picky person at all. Usually I'm thankful to have a meal in front of me, and when the staff is as friendly as they were today, it's easier to overlook lackluster items. But my hubby and I both used the restrooms and found them simply disgusting. The ladies room wasn't the worst I'd ever been in, but paper on the floor, overflowing trash can, and no soap in the dispenser (how are the staff washing their hands, then?) led me to think it hadn't been seen to in a while. Hubby reported human waste on the wall in the men's room - at that point we ended the meal half-finished.

The gentleman at the register was very friendly, all smiles. When I asked for a military discount he told me that they typically give us free drinks, but since we only drank water he took the side salad and onion rings off our bill, a gesture I found remarkably courteous. I thanked him, decided to pick my battles and said, "The food was alright, I think you should know though, that your restrooms need a little love". He told me the staff is supposed to check on them hourly and I replied, "I'm sure you've been busy, it's Saturday". I thought I had said it in the nicest way possible, given the trouble I probably could have raised. As I watched him walk away towards the restrooms, I locked eyes with our waitress looking up from another table, and I know this is a matter of perception and it may have been meant for someone else, but I swear she gave me the strangest look; a mix between terrified deer-in-the-headlights and I-wish-I-could-set-you-ablaze-with-my-eyes. I had already tipped her pretty well on my card (she was so sweet, and she did a great job!), or I might have considered taking a dollar back. It was just strange, honestly.

4 Thank MeganLetts