“Wonderful in every way”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Joe Patti's has an amazing operation with fresh fish from all over the world. We always visit twice, once when we arrive, and then again before heading home with fresh fish and shrimp. This is truly one of my favorite places in the world to shop!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,721)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This review is for the market, not the restaurant.
Brought here by family to buy shrimp...and my brother-in-law warned me before I walked in not to be overwhelmed and buy everything! He was right! If you're looking to buy seafood this is a great place. I got small shrimp with heads on and am wondering what the large shrimp looked like! Also got calamari rings that I deep fried. The calamari rings were good and thick, unlike you'd get when ordered in a restaurant. Really made for a great part of our super bowl party.

Definitely coming back prior to heading out. A good suggestion made by my B-I-L..look around first to determine what you want and then take a ticket. Service is good and fast. Be ready to get to the counter.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Since the 1930s Joe Patti Seafood has been the best place in Northwest Florida to buy seafood. Very good quality, variety, and prices.

The locals shop there although it is a "tourist attraction" insofar as tourists should go there. Don't be scared off by the lines. They move VERY quickly. If staying at a place without cooking facilities, ask them to cook the seafood for you at Joe Patti. They will do so on many items.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Where else are you going to find conch? And large entre-sized calamari steaks?

Try the steamed shrimp. They're fantastic warm or cold. Joe Patti's shrimp salad is favorite as well.

They have good, fresh halibut, my favorite fish. One of 2 to 3 dozen species of fresh fish on hand.

The variety here is just spectacular.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE MARKET - NOT THE RESTAURANT

Being a year since I last reviewed Joe Patti's Seafood Market, I decided it was time to give it another chance. We visited a few weeks ago, and purchased a few pounds of shrimp. Once cooked, they were not fresh tasting. They had the "old sock" flavor that we have noticed with his shrimp. The fish, which we did not purchase, looked very old. The eyes were sunk back into the sockets and their flesh was slick-looking. Although this place is voted "best seafood market in Pensacola, I think it is because it is NEARLY the only one. My opinion has not changed. (See my first review) When I walk into a fish market, I expect to smell "fresh" fish. When I walk into Joe Patti's, I smell nothing. - Nothing! How can you make all that seafood NOT have ANY odor? We had shopped here for over 40 years. It is a shame that this place no longer sells the freshest seafood available. We will continue our trek to Ft Walton or toward Mobile, with our cooler, and purchase our seafood elsewhere.

3  Thank chinqua