“Amazing, made me wish I lived in Pensacola”

Joe Patti's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 683 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Short of seafood markets in major cities (Sydney, Tokyo, San Fran etc.), Joe Patti's had one of the nicest arrays of raw fish and seafood for purchase. I appreciated the rack of free recipe brochures for folks less acquainted with the varieties of fish they sell. They sell local as well as imported fish.

A sushi chef made rolls to order in the back (I didn't try) and a shop sells spices and such for cooking seafood as well as great, freshly baked bread, desserts, soup, seafood spreads, sandwiches,etc. Their key lime pie was lovely, as was the clam chowder and multigrain bread I purchased. The prepared food was inexpensive ($1.69 for a baguette, 1.75 for a small soup).

However, there isn't a proper restaurant. There were a few tables in the sushi area and a few outside, but it's a loud, working environment. I recommend getting food to go and eating at one of the nearby waterfront parks downtown.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Joe Patti's is the best seafood in Pensacola. If you stayed there long enough you would see everyone you know. Love the scallops that they have and the great baguettes.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stop everytime we are in Pensacola.The gulf shrimp, steamed mild is the bomb! This trip saw flounder, popano and shrimp in he cooler headed home. The staff there is great. I took my cooler in, they iced all my stuff in bags and gave me extra ice to pack cooler. Oh yathe beinesoutside are a must have. If you like fresh seafood you must stop at Joe Patti's

Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading all the good review on this site, we went to Joe Patti's on our Thanksgiving vacation trip. I asked for a grilled fish dish, but they have all fish fried. So I ordered salmon salad. Oh, boy! I was beyond disappointment! It was full of rotten and old veggies. My husband ordered shrimp salad, which is actually pasta salad with baby shrimps. He got stomachache and almost got sick afterwards. Those shrimps were not fresh obviously! I realized that nobody eats healthy dishes there, so healthy dishes are not fresh. That was our first trip to Joe Patti's and the last one too!

4  Thank Katt R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Each year when we visit the panhandle of Florida we always schedule a visit to Joe Patti's to stock up on a big supply of their gulf grouper and other varieties of seafood. It really is quite an experience to visit and watch the people, newcomers are amazed, as they select their fillets, etc. The folks behind the counter are extremely helpful, professional and all smiles as you shop for you favorites. Even though there might be a crowd, you are never rushed to complete your order. When we return back home to Texas, family is waiting for our invitation for grouper sandwiches and/or grouper nuggets. Couldn't imaging being in the Pensacola area and not stopping by Joe Patti's. It's a good idea to check everything out before you select a number. Your purchase is packed in ice. You can even purchase on line where they will ship overnight with dry ice.