“Could have been better!”
Review of Fishermans Corner

Fishermans Corner
Ranked #8 of 670 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Birmingham, AL
“Could have been better!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had heard about Fishermans Corner and had even tried to get in during a previous visit to Perdido. This time we made a reservation to insure getting in. I would have graded this restaurant at 4 or 5 stars had it not been for one issue. We ordered a bottle of white wine and reconfirmed the exact order with the waiter. Even with that, he brought the wrong bottle. He returned with the correct bottle and proceeded to pour the sample even though the wine had not been chilled. It took quite a while before the wine was drinkable. It may sound like we are wine snobs, but, when you are paying $40.00 for a bottle of wine, you would expect it to be chilled when it arrives and not have to wait for it to get cool in a bucket filled mostly with water and only a few cubes of ice. The food was very good. My wife had the stuffed grouper and I had the shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. Their treatment of shrimp and grits was a bit different than I have had at other places. The grits were formed into a ball and fried---unusual, but tasty.
We capped it of with an outstanding bread pudding. The atmosphere was like an old wooden fish camp, but kind of fun with indoor and outdoor seating.

• Visited September 2013
Beth B, Guest Relations Manager at Fishermans Corner, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Fisherman's Corner staff and the owners strive to the the very best restaurant in Perdido Key. We sincerely appreciate our customers and their candid reviews because it helps us target areas where we can improve. I am glad to hear that our food and atmosphere deserved high marks and apologize for the server's mishandling of your wine selection. We do hope that you will return and give us a chance to earn all five stars. Thank you.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Casual fine dining at its best”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visiting from New Orleans, Fisherman's Corner had been recommended by a local and we are so glad we chose to dine here Saturday night. We called on Friday and made a reservation for Saturday. The girl on the phone was very friendly when making the reservation. We arrived and were promptly seated inside. We had the pork chop with blueberry BBQ sauce and it was tender and so tasty. Also, the seafood dinner - half fried shrimp and half grilled grouper. The fried shrimp were so good that we came back from lunch on Sunday and although they offer just a brunch menu, they were very accommodating and made us both a fried shrimp dinner. And the shrimp were just as good the second time. For dinner we also brought our own bottle of wine and they did not charge corkage which was a nice touch. Service on both visits was very good and on overhearing comments from other guests, everyone loved their food. One comment we heard was it was the best gumbo they had enjoyed, and our fried shrimp were definitely some of the best too. This restaurant is casual fine dining at its best and we cannot wait to return. I think it would be hard to match the food served here for taste and freshness. The seafood all comes from the jointly owned seafood market next door, right next to the water.

• Visited September 2013
Drummonds, Tennessee
“Two visits in August 2013”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate here on 8/13 and 8/22 and both times were great! By ourselves and with friends. While not a bargain-price place it's not overly expensive at lunch and the quality and atmosphere are superb! It's definitely a local's place and we will be back.

1 Thank homeiswhereweparkit
Louisville, Kentucky
“A MUST visit restaurant!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I went to the Naval Aviation museum and we were hungry for lunch when we left so we looked on Trip Advisor for a place to eat. We found this place on the site and after accidentally passing it up, we decided to turn around and try it because we were so hungry. I'm so glad we did! This place is a gem! We were seated immediately and everyone was very friendly. The atmosphere in the quaint restaurant is very welcoming. We each ordered the gumbo and a po boy. I got the fried clam and my husband got the shrimp. It was amazing! For my side I tried the cajun mac and cheese and it was tasty, too. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal!

Perdido Key, Florida
“Very, Very Good!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I had a luncheon here on 8/23/13. My wife's shrimp was very good (her comment). I had a cup of very good shrimp and corn chowder, which was in a bowl (a great portion!), and the catch of the day blackened. The fish was cooked "just right." My complements to the chef! The friend okra and onion rings ordered as sides left a lot to be desired, however. The okra was average (but I guess there isn't much one can do with okra and batter...), but the onion rings were, sub-par. I had five greasey rings, average in size, with the batter missing on half of three. The onion rings ruined the meal for me. Our waitress was very nice, which was a plus. We may be back on our next trip. If so, I won't get near those onion rings. I've rated this restaurant as very good since we've found three places in the OB/Pensacola area that offer better meals at a similar price during our vacations in the area.