“Cozy comfort”

Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Chicago
“Cozy comfort”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a nice basic hotel. We chose it because we needed a full kitchen. While the room was a bit tight --there is not an extra spare inch in the kitchen, for example-- it was functional. Our room was clean and well maintained and the kitchen included all the basics we needed for meal preparation. There is a small table on wheels that rolls under the desk. We wheeled it out and used it as a dining table, which was convenient. The people at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. The location was close to shopping and the University of West Florida. The complimentary breakfast is very basic -- fruit, cold cereal and instant oatmeal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings Chicagomom!
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am glad that our full equipped kitchen accommodated your needs and that you enjoyed your room as much as the warm hospitality of the staff. The room description you provided is for our standard studio with a sofa sleeper. If you travel again to the area, I would like for you to try our one or two bedroom suites that are more spacious. Please know that we will be upgrading the breakfast experience for our guests this year. We hope to see you again!
johanna.allard@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

After having an awful experience with another local motel, the towneplace suites was excellent. Continental breakfast, great service (even with checking in at 2am), and clean rooms is what I experienced.

• Stayed July 2013
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Jayda,
Thank you very much for the time to submit this review. We are happy we had the opportunity to take good care of you while in Pensacola. We trully appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and our breakfast. I hope to see you staying with us again during future trips to the area.
Viera, Florida, USA
Reviewed December 20, 2013

For the business traveler, this hotel covers all the bases and then some. The is a mini-kitchen and full-size refrigerator. There is a small desk and wireless access (free). The room for me was cozy and suited my needs. There is a small gym with weights and treadmills -- better than average. Overall very satisfying. I will stay here again. P.S. - They do accept dogs so don't stay here if you are annoyed by the occasional bark. Vinny at the front desk was particularly helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello! and thank you for this great review. We are pleased knowing that you found our rooms with full equipped kitchens accommodating and that your stay was satisfying. All TownePlace Suites hotels are pet friendly and all pets check in at the front desk, so you can request rooms located a little far from them... Thanks for such a great tip for our future guests. I know we will see you again and we will be ready to provide you with a great stay once again.
Generla Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two times in December. The first time I was in a very nice suite on the 3rd floor. While you would not mistake it for a J.W. compared to other similar type hotels everything was above average. My second stay was in a room on the 4th floor. The furniture in this room was in awful condition. The shower head sprayed almost as much water on the wall thru a leaking fitting as it did in the tub. There was a large area of moldy rotting wood at the base of the tub where the water from the leak has been spraying. The general cleanliness was ok, but stains and furniture as in the picture made me wince.

Room Tip: It is a coin flip between nice and horrible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DCSDon
Hello DCSDon,
We thank you for choosing our property for both of your stays and would like to apologize for the condition of the furniture and bathroom in the room of your second stay. We have addressed the issues and we are working deligently to correct the upholstery in the rooms that need it. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, especially your comment about the cleanliness of the rooms. I would like to invite you to visit us again and also share with you we are scheduled for new furniture this year.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a couple of nights here during Thanksgiving. We dealt with 5 different front desk employees...all of which were exceptionally nice, cheerful and helpful. It made our holiday hotel stay much nicer. Thank you!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room across from a barking dog...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Trevorlinc,
We are glad you had a great time with your wife at our hotel and that you found the staff cheerful and friendly. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review and I would like to see you again in the future. Thanks for choosing us for your Holiday trip!!
New Orleans
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott and it was quite enjoyable. The room had everything that I needed including a kitchen with a nice refrigerator. Check-in was easy as was check-out. Marriott is a quality hotel chain, and this is an example of the kind of service and hospitality that I have received at all of the marriotts where i've stayed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that I have stayed at two separate TownePlace Suites in Louisiana. This one did not measure up to what I have experienced before.
The first room that we checked into, the television didn't work. They did promptly move us to another room where everything was fine except for the sofa bed. There were springs broken and it appeared to have been well used.
In the morning, the breakfast was much more sparse than I have experienced in the other locations. Other TownePlace Suites offered hot oatmeal with options for additions. While they had oatmeal, it was instant. Other than that, there were muffins, cereal options and juice.
Would I return? Possibly. However, I would check out other options in the price range before deciding.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Mark!
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. Let me apologize for the issues you encountered with the TV and the sofa bed. Thanks to your feedback I have addressed these issues with the hotel staff. The TownePlace Suites brand did not offer breakfast for many years and now we proudly offer our grab and go breakfast with the items you mentioned. Please know that some locations offer more than the requirements for our brand. I can also share with you that we will be enhancing the breakfast experience for all our guests next year. I hope you choose to return in the future and if that is the case, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks again for your tiem and feedback!