“perfect”

TownePlace Suites Pensacola
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Reviewed June 24, 2012

nothing fancy but superb staff and great value...simple nice room, plenty of parking

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Steve, thank you for your generous words of compliments, we look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Wow. You would think Pensacola was a fancy city with the other marriotts and Hilton's laughing at me for asking the gov rate. Why do I care it's June? I still have to work so thank you for a clean room and honoring the gov rate when everyone else didn't seem to care

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Hello! I just want to thank you for your review and yes, the government rate is always honored at our property! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This sentence sums this place up: If you like to smoke, breathe smoke and be around smoke and if you love big dogs, this place is for you. This is non-smoking property, supposedly, yet there were people on both sides of my room smoking and across the hall. Someone had been smoking in my room before I came into it. I don't have anything good to say about this place. The rooms are tiny, it isn't the "nicest" place to stay in Pensacola, far from it, try Homewood Suites by Hilton or Hampton Inn by the mall. We usually stay at Marriott's but this place is a disgrace to the Marriott name. I had to wait 15 minutes to check in and the girl behind the desk wasn't eager to please me, at all. I asked to be upgraded and she scoffed at me for assuming I could have such an option. Since this place is a long term stay property, people had their animals with them but huge dogs were at every turn. Everything about this place reeks, literally.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Hello and thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to beautiful Pensacola, FL!

I just want to apologize for the poor behavior you got at the front desk. I have taken this to the team to learn how we can better help our guests.

I do understand that other guests may have been smoking in their room and just so you know, that is a $250 fine that we charge guests that do not follow the rules.

As far as the other guests pets here, yes we do accept pets and not many hotels do so we tend to have a lot as many of our guests our here for ahwile and make this their second home.

Should you ever be back in the area, I do hope you will try us again.

Please call or email directly if you have any questions!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We drove in from Atlanta and was told the hotel was 4 miles from the beach, which turned out to be totally false. It atually takes 15-20 minutes depending on bridge traffic. Other than that, we had a great stay and the room was excellent. The staff was just ok. We have high expectations for friendliness and attention.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Hello!

Thanks for staying with us while in Pensacola!

I am glad to hear you had a great stay and the room was excellent!

I am sorry to hear that the staff was just okay and someone said we are only 4 miles from the beach! As you know we are not, we are 14 miles actually. I am sorry you were told wrong information!

If you are ever in Pensacola again, I hope you choose us again for your lodging needs!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is the smallest hotel room I've been in recently, and they have the audacity to call this a suite? Technically, I guess it has all the requirements: bed, couch, TV, stove, refridgerator. However it is all crammed into what should be a SMALL hotel room. You can't walk around the bed when the sofa is pulled out to be a bed.
I will give them credit, it appears to be clean. We specifically asked for a new hotel.....if this was built in 2008, as they claimed, then it has been a poor quality building. If it wasn't late at night when we checked in, I would have gone somewhere else.
I have no idea who these people are writing the glowing reviews for this hotel-----must be employees paid to write them. Seriously.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with small, confined places, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Whoop2014

Hello!

I just wanted to thank you for staying with us.

I am glad you found your room clean!

I am sorry you felt our studio rooms were small. I am not sure if you saw our one bedroom or two bedroom suites, but they sound like what you may have needed as they are very spacious rooms.

If you are ever in the area I hope you will give us a second chance!

Thank you!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We travel to Pensacola quite frequently and have stayed at dozens of hotels in the area. We decided to give this hotel and try and it completely exceeded my expectations. The hotel was very clean, well maintained and the room, actually a studio suite, had all of the comforts of home. My family was able to stock a few items in our full size fridge and we even made sandwiches for lunch by the pool one day. Employees were very friendly, especially one of the Managers who was pregnant. We plan to travel back to the area in the next few months, and we will be booking another room here!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Terry L
tpspensacola, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Well thank you very much for this nice review! Hope to see you again in the future!

Johanna Allard
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Me and my family came to Pensacola for a little vacation. This hotel worked out great from the warm staff to the convenient location. We all enjoyed are stay and the kids loved the pool.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank xander2010
tpspensacola, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott!