“Very Disappointing”

Ranked #47 of 65 Hotels in Pensacola
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am outraged about this horrendous experience that almost ruined my vacation. The room in this “establishment” was very dirty and smelly. The bed sheets were in unsanitary condition. The “breakfast” consists of few cheap donuts, cheap nasty cereal and less than 1% juice. Now “the customer service.” The man on the front desk was extremely rude. He openly lied about the bed sheets being changed every day. He also refused to give the name of the owner. When he was asked to come upstairs to assess the conditions of the bed sheets, he responded, “I can’t because I will lose my business”. Not to mention that his English was terrible. I hope that Florida Health department will look into this unacceptable situation. If you are not happy with unsanitary conditions of this establishment, please feel free to contact Florida Health Department. I already did, more customers would complain, more reasons to check this “motel “ would be.

Room Tip: Please check the condition of bed sheets and towels before paying.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tony S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife go to Pensacola fl about four times a year. We found this motel on line from a coupon through travel discounts we tried one time and was very impressed for the money it's close to beach and several places to eat and easy to get gas. The regular price is 49.95 per night with coupon it's only 38.95 a night. They also have a nice pool. It's has fridge and micro too. I do a lot of fishing so it's all we need I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mdmiller09
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

TV didn't work, Internet didn't work, bed sheets, comforter and pillows were old and nasty, with burn holes in them. Carpet needed replaced big time. Towels were stained and rough. mattress was very uncomfortable. Not the best neighborhood. Never stay here, cheap but no value!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jbyrd316

Travelers are raving about these Pensacola hotels

Arlington, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This place was terrible! The room smelled musty, the carpet was filthy & gross and the bed was damp. The sheets had burn holes in them, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling & brown crude in the corners that I was afraid to get too close to. There were no clocks in the room & the wi-fi kept going out. Young children kept running up & down the outside corridor yelling & pounding on doors until well after 11:00pm (not sure where the parents were). The "free" breakfast consisted of toast & mini powdered donuts. If you wanted butter on your toast you needed to use the community butter (no individual packets). While visiting a local pharmacy, we learned that the neighborhood was not real safe & to be careful. We have stayed in places 10x better than this & paid much less.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank DAndreozzi
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Standing in the Florida Visitor Parking lot after hours, I was hoping to have them help me with a hotel. Alas, after 5pm: no luck. I grabbed the nearest hotel guide book from a stand and called the closest hotel to where I was.

Things I have learned:
- Exit 10A on I-10 is a scary, scary place. Next time I will drive further even though I was exhausted from sitting in traffic in all those accidents in Alabama (Dear Alabamians: two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Quit hitting each other and quit trying to hit me. Kthxbi)
- If the front desk lady starts to make excuses for the condition of the room before you get in: that is a bad sign. When SHE refers to it as a "Roach Motel" run.
- Pack a lighter. I had incense but no lighter, so I had to jack the A/C up to try to dehumidify the room.
- Showers are good and bad: the good news is the water gets hot enough you can disinfect whatever it is you may possibly catch.
- There is a really nice skinny pale girl who smokes cigarettes on the walkway with her door open. I only assume she is really nice b/c around 8pm about 20 guys showed up and they are having a get together on the walkway and in the parking lot.

Sadly, I doubt this review will help anyone very much since they'll probably fall into it the same way I did: impromptu on the road. Dear God, please don't let this be the hotel California. If you don't hear from me, please send help. :(

Room Tip: not here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank shellberry
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 19, 2010

If you want to find somewhere to bring home some pet roaches this is the place to be. Within minites of walking in we killed 8 and the just don't stop (One crawled onto my arm as I was typing this). I put down a can of soda and within seconds there were baby ones all over it. Not to mention the whole place is a damp soggy mess. I have never written a review of a place before but this place is exceptionally horrible, I had to. There are credit card symbols on the door yet they only take cash and will not offer refunds....I wonder why?! The only plus is that the wireless worked so I could write this while sitting here disgusted on a chair that looks like it was urinated on.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scbbc81
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We arrived at 5am after driving 12 hours to get there. As soon as we opened the door the musty smell was like a slap in the face & while hanging up some cloths we look to the floor & see a THONG. We decided that since it was 5am, we'd sleep there & find an alternate place to stay when we woke up. We complained to American Express & to Travelocity during breakfast across the street. We got back to the hotel & there was a knock on the door. We were TOLD to accompany the RUDE man to the lobby, where he proceeded to tell us that Travelocity had called & that we were liars & that we needed to "Vacate the premises immediately" . . . I would have thrown a fit but he turned his back & left leaving me with a mouth full of words that I held back because the poor girl at the counter looked terrified . . . needless to say we left . . . or better said we were thrown out !!! This place is a disgrace to American Express & Travelocity & I dont understand how either of these to companies have such A LOW CLASS, DIRTY, DISGUSTING & DISRESPECTFUL establishment on their list. I will say that AMERICAN EXPRESS was great & found us a wonderful hotel in minutes. The service there was only a few dollars more a day ($10) & it was RIGHT NEXT DOOR . .. wow, what a difference TRAVEL LODGE (Thanks Larry)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family