“Great food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 11, 2012

They treat you like family and the food is great I have been their several times and every time love the food

1  Thank geekbower

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Tuscan Oven is a popular local place with excellent service and very good food. The pizza chef keeps busy sliding pizzas into the brick oven while an upscale crowd looks on, enjoying a nice fare of Italian food. There's indoor dining in a bistro atmosphere or patio dining to enjoy the pleasant Pensacola weather. This is not your typical pizza joint. In fact, I've been there several times for lunch and have yet to order pizza, though many people do. I especially enjoy the Tuscan salad with the artichokes and mixed greens and pencil-thin breadstick. My husband likes the Pasta Alforno with the sweet Italian sausage. They have a nice selection of wines, but it's a Pepsi place, no Coke. There can be a line and they have a brisk carry-out service, so arrive as early as possible in you are in a rush.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our first experience at The Tuscan Oven Pizzeria. We noticed it passing through town on a drive home to Alabama.

The menu (http://www.thetuscanoven.com/menu2.html) is sizable and everyone should be able to find something satisfying to eat.

We shared a Tuscan salad which was quite good: lettuce, artichokes, black olives and onions with a nice dressing. My wife had a small pizza with cheese, portabella mushrooms, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and onions that was fantastic. I had a small seafood pizza (shrimp, clams and calamari) that had a significant amount of seafood on it. And the shrimp weren't popcorn shrimp - they were good-sized medium to large shrimp. I tasted my wife's pizza and liked it better than my own. Don't get me wrong - my pizza was very excellent - but I would have preferred a little less cheese and a little more sauce. My experience is that one needs to go to a pizza parlor one or two times before you know exactly how to best customize one's pizza order. I'll ask for 1/2 cheese and extra sauce next time. And there will be a next time. We get to Pensacola regularly and will seek out The Tuscan Oven in the future.

Service was attentive and helpful. The atmosphere was good, but it did leave me wondering what this building was before becoming The Tuscan Oven.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've eaten pizza in places all over Italy, but Tuscan Oven has the crust and the flavors just right. Chewy crust...try the abondanza (sp?). A meat lover's dream!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Tuscan Oven is a family restaurant that offers more than Pizza but the Pizza is outstanding. The service is friendly and the owners (husband & Wife) are there to say hello and make sure you are enjoying yourself.
The pizza is cooked in a wood fired oven - all the ingredients are fresh & plentiful - the crust is great and the service is personal & friendly by a crew of young ladies. The decor & seating is somewhat kitchen-like but but OK - outdoor seating is available - prices moderate.
Best pizza around.