“Wonderful Pan Asian Food”

Amazing Thai Japanese
Ranked #134 of 373 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maplewood NJ
“Wonderful Pan Asian Food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Usually in pan asian restaurants - they do everything adequately. Here, they did Thai & Japanese very well. Had the Tom Kha soup and it was as good as what I get in NYC. The specialty rolls were delicious (but can't get over the cream cheese)...

Visited May 2012

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Name of this restaurant is right on!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My friends and I visit this restaurant weekly as they offer consistently great food and have very reasonable lunch and dinner specials. My "go to" dish is anything with the cashew nut sauce. I usually get the chicken, but the crispy fish and shrimp are equally as good. They serve it with white rice, but for a small extra fee they will substitute brown rice. They even make brown rice sushi rolls upon request. The Thai lunch specials come with a choice of spring roll or salad. The Japanese lunch specials come with salad or miso soup. The spring roll is quite tasty and light. The salad is just a few leaves of lettuce with some carrot, but the great dressing choices make up for the lack of inspiration in the salad. My friends usually go for the sushi or the green curry chicken or one of many specials ordered. Time permitting, we would probably go more than once a week! I especially like their bento boxes which you tailor to the things you like with a big selection of delicious items. The Yaki Soba is really good and the best I've had anywhere. If we can fit it in (and we usually can't) the tempura bananas, ice cream and raspberry sauce is to die for. The restaurant is small and intimate and tucked away unassumingly in a shopping center, but it is a great find in Pembroke Pines.

• Visited February 2012
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Thai in Pembroke Pines- great to return!!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I love coming to Amazing Thai. Food is always fresh and consistently good. Not pretentious but always good service and a complete menu both for Japanese sushi and Thai. My tendency is to order Japanese and my husband and son love the Red Curry Tofu. my daughter loves the vegetarian rolls, the Green Curry is another favorite. As many Japanese restaurants it is closed a few hours in the afternoon, so check before you go.

• Visited October 2011
South Florida
“Does not live up to the name”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

To be fair, I've only been there once and was disappointed with my Thai selection. Coming from an area where the Thai food was superb, my first taste of the local variation could only disappoint. Since visiting Amazing, I've tried other local Thai food and have been equally unenthusiastic. Considering the dearth of great Thai around here, Amazing is actually pretty average.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Favorite neighborhood place”
Reviewed October 8, 2008

I have not been to their Pembroke Pines location, but their second location on Knob Hill is my absolute favorite. The food is always outstanding (particularly the curry, plus the vegetable pad thai is the best I'ver ever had anywhere). I love that they're small and personal enough to always remember my name, yet they also have one of the best, most comprehensive websites I've ever seen for a restaurant. Last night I went to their site for the menu and realized I could actually add food to my online "cart" and place the order there. I tried it out and they called me 2 mins later just to confirm the takeout order. I picked up my vegetable curry 10 minutes later and couldn't help but think Amazing Thai Japenese is...amazing!