Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is an all suite hotel, although the suites are really a larger hotel room with a sitting area. The hotel is very convenient to the interstate and there are several shops and restaurants nearby. Breakfast had both hot and cold items and a pancake maker. Nothing to write home about, but it's not too bad of a choice if you are in the area. It is about 45 minutes from here to the beach, so maybe not the best for leisure travel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear EconMom2,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us. If ever your travels brings you back to this area please feel free to come stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St

Reviewed September 19, 2013

First time writing a review on tripadvisor. This was also my first time staying at a Holiday Inn Express. First of all, every staff person, I encountered, was super friendly. Not only friendly, but they seemed sincere and gave the impression that they liked people. Maybe a strange comment but we all know the difference. The room was clean and I am realizing that I prefer the suite rooms to staying at a full service hotel. The breakfast was a typical free hotel breakfast...no rave reviews but nothing negative to write. But that being said, it was free and the price of the room was reasonable. Oh, one more big thing for me....the room was quiet! Not at all like staying near the airport where people are coming and going all night long!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Westonan,
Thank you for your very kind review. We value each and every review as our goal is for you to have a great stay at our hotel. If ever your travels brings you back to our area please feel free to come stay with us again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Maybe I am spoiled but I am used to receiving good service with a smile especially in South Florida and as a PC Platinum member for many years you would expect some recognition.
first thing as I checked in, the female clerk behind the counter demanded to see my AAA card to justify the rate I had booked. I did have it and showed it to her but didn't appreciate the nasty way she asked for it. I have been a road warrior for pretty much 14 years and always take advantage of AAA but can't remember the last time I was asked to show my card. It did rub me the wrong way.
Additionally, they make you sign on the bill at check in that you will be charged $25 for any linen items that may come up missing. Seriously? Much like frequenttraveler625 I take exception to that and even though I wasn't accused of taking anything or charged, I consider that practice ridiculous and offensive. I will NOT stay at this hotel again and if I were, I would demand that someone comes to my room and does an inventory upon check in, just to be a pain.
I stay over 150 nights per year at Holiday Inn/IC properties and NEVER other than at this hotel have I ever been asked to sign such a waiver.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you want to feel welcome and appreciated as a guest
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaime M
Jackie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for been a IHG Rewards Club Platinum with us and we appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we take your review very seriously and we must apologize that you did not get the service you deserved. As a AAA member you get a discounted rate for this we do require the card to show validity, as you pay for this membership to be able to enjoy the discount it is not given to any person.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

After our visit to Orlando, we went south to see a dear friend in Pembroke Pines. We wanted a hotel close to his home and found this hotel which is just one exit away on I-75.

It has been a long time since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surprised that their breakfast has been changed from a Continental breakfast to a hot meal. In addition, they have bigger rooms which are called 'suites' and I find them spacious and easier to move around, except that the layout of the furniture especially the placement of the desk could be improved.

One observation I'd like to point out is that they keep the elevators spotless. I rode down the elevator to get something from the car and when I got out, I met 3 people from the pool and dripping wet. They went inside the elevator and when I came back to go upstairs, I took the same elevator expecting a wet floor. Lo and behold, the floor of the elevator has no drops of water. Do they have someone who's just in charge of the elevator? The cleanliness extend to the rooms and the outside.

If you want to have a good night's rest after a drive or looking forward for a long drive the next day, this hotel is highly recommended. The place is quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jackie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Edwin L
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Our aim is for you to have a wonderful stay and for you to be comfortable away from home. If ever your travels brings you back to our area please visit us again.
Sincerly
Cassandra and Staff

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here after spending the day packing a moving truck for my daughter. The place was clean and quite. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast the next morning was great. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We strive for you to have a great stay at our hotel. If ever your travels brings you back to our area please feel free to stay with us.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days. I was accused of taking a bath towel and charged $25. If I wanted a towel, I would buy one. I certainly would never take a Holiday Inn Express towel. I was very disappointed with the service I received when I called regarding my bill. If I took the item, I would gladly pay for it. I will not stay at this establishment again. I do not appreciate being accused of something I did not do. I will look for other hotel chains. I travel frequently and have never had this happen before. I used to be a loyal customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank frequenttraveller625
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear frequenttraveller625,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope this incident did not mar your overall impression of the Holiday Inn Express brand and that you can afford us an opportunity of making it right and welcoming you back in the near future.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was put into a room that had bed bugs. I had never seen them before and didn't know what to look for at the time. They only come out at night so you wont see them unless you know what to look for. I didn't notice them at first but the second night I was up late and when I was about to get into bed I started seeing these little reddish brown, apple seed shaped bugs. I took a couple of pictures, called the front desk and checked out immediately at 2am. After I returned home I called the manager to talk about what I had seen. She said she had never seen bedbugs and would call the exterminator and let me know what was found. I sent her the pictures I took and she denied the pictures were from her hotel when you can see the headboard and carpet, and bedskirt from that room. She said the exterminator reported no bedbugs. I don't understand why she would lie about it? I had to throw out my luggage in fear of bring those bug to my home. I feel like she should give me a full refund and replace my luggage at the very least.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paula W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Paula W,

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Weston
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St? Share your experiences!