The room was adequate and pretty basic for a midline hotel.
The check-in process was a little complicated due to our rooms being paid for by someone else who had not arrived yet, hence we spent quite a bit of time at the front desk working things out and got to interact for quite a while with the desk staff.
My first impression was that these people don't like their job very much. They were straightforward and very business-like and somewhat brusque. I could have closed my eyes and I wouldn't have known if I was checking into a hotel or the county jail.
We were asked for a credit card for "incidentals", I guess since somebody else was paying the bill, so we provided them one. We were then informed of their smoking policy and told that there would be a $500 charge for a "violation" yes, they actually called it a "violation."
Now, I do not smoke but my SO does, he is a very heavy smoker hence all of our belongings do smell of smoke. He is also respectful of the property owners right to regulate smoking on their property. Your house, your rules. He went outside to smoke the whole time we were there, he never did smoke in the room. We stayed there for three nights and pretty much only in the room to sleep.
Now we get the credit card bill and there is a $500 charge for smoking in the room. We are in the process of disputing it now. I would be very wary of this hotel. We won't be using it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our brand new Ft. Lauderdale area all-suite hotel offers premium amenities. Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Pembroke Pines, FL near Ft. Lauderdale. We're only 13 miles from Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL). Vacationing families will love staying at our all-suite hotel in Pembroke Pines, located just off I-75 with easy access to numerous local attractions. Nearby sights and activities include Dolphins/Marlins Stadium, Calder Race Course, shopping at the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall and the Hard Rock Casino. Other attractions in close proximity include C.B. Smith Park, downtown Fort Lauderdale and the breathtaking Flamingo Gardens. Business travelers looking for lodging near Fort Lauderdale will be impressed by the convenience of our Pembroke Pines hotel. Situated in a suburban area outside Ft. Lauderdale, the hotel offers close proximity to companies such as Lucent Technologies headquarters, Carnival Cruise Lines corporate headquarters, the Nissan Training Facility, American Express, & the Cleveland Clinic Hospital. In addition, we provide a business center with fax, copier, printer and free high-speed Internet access to keep you in touch. While staying at our Pembroke Pines hotel, enjoy amenities like an outdoor pool & Jacuzzi, 24-hour fitness center and a free hot breakfast bar. The Holiday Inn Express hotel near Fort Lauderdale is the smart choice for every traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St Hotel Pembroke Pines
- Holiday Inn Pembroke Pines