“Respect at last” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Hollywood, Florida
“Respect at last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Used my membership rewards points to stay here last night. It was great. I asked nicely at the front desk if I could be upgraded to a jr suite and the nice gentleman thanked me for being a membership rewards member and said sure how about the top floor!
A/C was really cold (thats a good thing) The bed was oooooh so comfy. Nice flatscreen. Hot water in the shower. What more could I ask for? Oh...and the breakfast was pretty good too! Nothin fancy but perfect to grab and go.
Yes you should book here if you need to stay in West Broward

Room Tip: Dough Boys pizza delivers to the hotel and they are excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The young lady behind the desk was terrific. I was greeted in the most professional manner and she even made recommendations on where to go for dinner. The Hotel was very clean and quiet however, the wireless internet left much to desire. My stay was two nights and I ended up using my phone as a hotspot so that I could get some work done in a timely manner. The bed was most uncomfortable that I have had the entire two years of travel. I had two double beds in my room and I even tried the other bed with no luck. The price of the hotel (even at the corporate gold level) was way too much. The deaelrship next door to the dealership has very bright lights. Still shined under the drapes. I do not think I will be staying at this location again........ With that said, the employees were great.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the automotive dealership. The lights are very brigh!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank David I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear David I,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased you fond our staff highly commendable. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret the bed comfort did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your comments regarding the difficulties you experienced with our internet services and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nokomis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location for getting around the Miami/ Ft Lauderdale area.
The suite was large, clean , fresh with the most comfortable beds.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast was actually delicious!.
Definetely would stay there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel 5 stars is the painfully slow internet service. Everything else was fantastic - clean, friendly, nice new rooms, good food. But the internet service is as slow as the old dial-up days, sometimes taking a minute or longer for one page to load. I rely on fast internet service for my business, and the hotel website description claimed "High-speed Internet Access". Not! "There's a lot of people online right now" is not an excuse...time for this otherwise GREAT hotel to step up their game, move into the 21st century, and stop being cheap with internet service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ny_traveller_77
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Clean, good choice when staying in the area. Price was great, and room was very spacious (with a loveseat and small kitchenette -very useful). Only problem was housekeeping - first day, they almost forgot to do our room (had to remind them); second day, they did forget although I went to front desk earlier and asked when they were doing our room (I was told that housekeeping was "on the floor." When I went again several hours later (it still wasn't done), another person at the front desk apologized and said it should have been done already. She immediately corrected the situation. That being said, our stay was fine otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great, would highly recommend. Good location, good price. Stayed on brief trip to a local hospital. Was not on my GPS but after a horrible trip, I was just looking for a place to lay my head...pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoBraves09
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nov 06/07, 2012; It was an easy check-in with smiling faces. The room was spacious and clean. The shower was welcomed along with upscale toiletry items. The surrounding area allowed for a stroll and the convenience store at the corner was handy. The location made it easy getting in and out and onto I-75. The breakfast area had the usual foods but it was well maintained and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St? Share your experiences!