“Unsanitary. Sushi chef coughing into food. Manager picked a piece of mysterious food off of my plate with bare hands and ate it.”

Kamado's Japanese Seafood Buffet
Ranked #239 of 377 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went thirty minutes after they open and food still was not fresh. The people behind the bar ignored any questions I had. The hot food was awful. Veggie tempura tasted frozen like they didnt properly heat it all the way.
Found mysterious silver scaly and slimy object in my vegetables, a dish literally labeled vegetables. I assumed it was some sort of fish scale but it was thick...3 iches long and an inch wide. When asked the poor guy who was putting out food what it was , he reluctantly said fish. Then when we asked the manager who was in and out behind sushi bar and seating people about it, he said "potato" , then picked it up off my plate with his bare fingers and ate it. How disgusting. My boyfriend and I were put off, it definitely was not a potato and why did he need to touch my food? If it was what he said, why did he have to dispose of it immediately like that? We paid the bill and as we were walking out, I saw the woman behind the sushi bar coughing right into the food as she was prepping it, not bothering to turn her head or anyhing. She was clearly sick because she couldnt seem to stop coughig but it did not stop her from making the food.

This place is a health hazard. I would rather pay a few extra dollars and eat at a more sanitary restaraunt.

I decided to see if they had a health inspection posted online and they do. Tons of critical violations, including leaving food out for over 4 hours. Check it out just do a google search.

Awful.

1  Thank cps887

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite Chinese and Sushi place. It's a really nice, clean restaurant with very good food. The service had always been very good and we also enjoy the wide selection on the buffet. We also like the Hunan grille! Where can you go for $8.25 for a nice lunch. It's always a nice relaxing enviornment! We are always treated really good! Try it you'll like it!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ate dinner there last night. The price was $14.25/person which I think is reasonable. It was clean and the hostess and waiter were very nice. We were sitting in a back room which was quiet. The waiter was attentive and immediately removed our plates when we were finished and getting up to get more food. There is a large selection of food. Both the sushi and other dinner selections were good. We had chicken, steak, california roll, mushrooms, chicken wings, spring roll, and several other items. It has the typical Chinese selections. The desserts are the usual lame ones provided in Chinese buffet restaurants. I didn't try the ice cream but the donuts were tasty. Was it the BEST food ever? No. It is not a 5 star restaurant. But it was good and the price is right. I would definitely go back there again.

1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The selection is good and the temp of the food is hot. There is a good selection. They have the regular foods plus sushi. Enjoyed the availability of meats and seafood.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We wanted to try a new buffet it was the worst ever.I would never ever in a million years recommend anyone to go here.The service was bad all the food was cold.Then to top it off they still handed me a bill.

1  Thank Chrissy D