“Don't do it! I hate giving bad reviews but I have to do it this time read on...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Islands in the Pines

Islands in the Pines
Ranked #160 of 365 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

They never have the advertised items on the menu, their excuse is they ran out! even when you go for lunch and there's no one in the restaurant (big sign). I just ordered for pick up and they said they gave our food away, didn't apologize and still charged my credit card KNOWING they ran out! This place is a rip off! THREE bad experience~I'm done!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Jupiter, Florida
“The Real Deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Found this place while working next door. I had the Jerk Chicken lunch special (think it was 5.99)
and it was Fabulous! I had a Jamaican who was a great cook and would treat me to many Island specialties. While eating this meal it brought back to those great homemade meals. The Jerk season was just right, not too spicy with just a slight hint of nutmeg, and very juicy. There was enough juice to add to the Rice and Peas.
If you like Jamaican this place is for you!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tim c
miami
“Good Jamaican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

What I like about this restaurant is the food is consistent, fish is fresh, and prices are reasonable. The wife and I have eaten here twice and we plan to frequent it more often. We had other Jamaican Restaurants in the area and wasnt impressed. This was recommended by a Jamaica and they were quite right.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mjoytravel
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

True authentic carribean food! Ive tried many Jamaican restaurants in South Florida but non can compare to the this one. The curry goat and chicken are well seasoned and have just enough spice to get you going. Highly recommended.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale
“Eat Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been eating at Islands In the Pines for years. Although I no longer live in the area, any chance I get I head over there to get my Caribbean food fix. They are the epitome of what a great Jamaican restaurant should be. Not only do they serve delicious lunch/dinner (Jerk Chicken, Oxtail, Gungo Peas Soup), they also serve scrumptious breakfast (Ackee & Saltfish, Mackeral Rundown). As great as the food is, they also dish up a dining experience. You can always order take out but it is a nice place to dine-in. As the restaurant is aptly named, you may physically be in the Pines, but dining here you will be cast away on a island adventure. With ambient reggae tunes playing in the background it sets the mood.

With the many food options it may be difficult to decide what to eat but I will tell you this whatever you choose will be an excellent choice. My personal favorite is the curry goat. Very spicy and extremely delicious!!! Their fresh lemonade is amazingly refreshing too. Prices are reasonable especially during lunch and best of all you get nuff (plenty) food.

This last time I went the food was a bit off from what i am used to expecting. The curry didn't have the level of spicy I am used to (they may have toned it down to better suit the general public) and it was a bit on the fatty side. I am definitely not saying it was bad, it just was not up to the level I have been spoiled to love but since it was still good and not bad by any means, I will let it slide this time. Truly, I have been here far too many times without issue to complain about one time.

To sum it up, Islands In the Pines is just that Islands In the Pines.

• Visited August 2012