“Good but need to update web site!”
Review of Scruby's BBQ

Scruby's BBQ
Ranked #35 of 368 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Davie, Florida
“Good but need to update web site!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and i have several BBQ restaurants that we go to regularly when we go off of our good eating habits! (lol). We decided to try Scruby's last week. i went onto their web site and saw a 2/3 rack of baby back ribs for $11.99 and was impressed that cole slaw and baked beans came with every meal plus a choice of another side. The salad bar also sounded interesting.

We arrived, were pleasantly escorted to our seats, and the waiter took our order. Without looking at the menu I ordered the 2/3 rack of baby backs for my wife and was informed that it was now a 1/2 rack for the same price. I was also informed that the baked beans were no longer included. I looked at the menu and the beans were still there, without a line crossing them out.
Oh well. I ordered the smoked turkey and a salad bar for $2.99 extra (more than fair).

The 1/2 rack of ribs was very small and the turkey was fine but not exceptional. The salad bar was great.

Summary. Food was O.K., not exceptional, rib order was small and they should absolutely bring their web site and menu up to the current offerings.

We are in a modern era, where more and more people check out site like trip advisor, and look at restaurant web sites to make dining decisions, and when the sites are not current, it leaves a bad taste in the dining experience.
We will go back, but will be sure to order a full rack, and i will try something other than the turkey and will definitely order the salad bar.

Give it a try, realizing that the web site and reality are different!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank striper2fisherman

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delivery”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I usually grab lunch at subway on pines and university, but on this day the aroma from scruby's caught my interest. I decided to order delivery, worst mistake ever. Order was incorrect, when I called to have order corrected customer service their attitude and mannerism was horrible, I WILL NEVER ORDER DELIVERY/TAKE OUT FROM THEM AGAIN. Food was cold and dry.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KAMLA M
Miami, Florida
“I wish I was a BBQ lover........”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Scruby's serves good food and the wait staff is efficient. I don't love barbecue or fried sides or salad bars, so it was hard to give it more than an average rating. This may be unfair as the ribs were good and the corn nuggets were tasty. But I just didn't think it was better than average.

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“dinner with extended family”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

First at this place, went there cause my cousin invited us for dinner. We had the ribs and the smoked chicken. The ribs well you get what you pay for, they are small and sort of tasteless, they could definitely could be better. The smoked chicken, was better, had the smoked taste and dry, which I don't mind. The steamed broccoli were good. The cole slaw was ok. The salad bar is very limited, could be better. Overall probably won't go back on my own. I have had better ribs elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Have now visited on several occasions. Food is just that good. Staff is very friendly. Tuesday special was a full rack of baby back ribs, 2 sides for $9.99. My wife added $2.99 for the 44 item salad bar and she was extremely happy. I would recommend this place whole heartedly.

• Visited May 2014