“Absolutely Delicious Cuban Food”

La Carreta Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Fort Worth, Texas
“Absolutely Delicious Cuban Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I live in Fort Worth, TX where we don't really have any good Cuban restaurants, so I really enjoy my trips to south Florida. The BEST Cuban food I've ever had is at the La Carreta Restaurant in Pembroke Pines. My favorite meal there is “Vaca Frita” which consist of Shredded Beef Grilled with Onions and Cuban Mojo. It is served with Moros Rice and Sweet Plantains. The serving sizes are enough for a hungry man and the prices are reasonable. You won't find a more helpful wait staff anywhere. I highly recommend this great reastaurant.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jeff F

San Antonio, Texas
“Best salad I've nearly ever eaten!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had their La Carreta mixed salad with sliced chicken breast. It was a hearty meal. Delicious assortment of greens, grape tomatoes, cubes of feta, fresh pineapple at one end of the oval plate and a cubed mango at the other. It was a delicious combination!

• Visited November 2013
“The best cuban food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

They have mastered the cuban cuisine. ..just superb. Family atmosphere, great service and really really good food..I have never tried anything bad here.

Florida
“Ladies serving at the window should be trained/re-trained.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have always eaten at La Carreta in Miami and was pleasantly surprised at the new location right here in my neighborhood. Needless to say, I ventured out for cafecito and sandwich.
Staff-->Upon my arrival, I noticed that the 2 ladies at the window were engaged in conversation with a customer who was already served. My presence was not acknowledged. They continued their conversation until another customer arrived. He was served his coffee by one of the ladies, before I was even asked for my order. Apparently he was a regular and they knew exactly what he wanted. No excuse. This I found to be very rude and shows a lack of training. La Carreta should train its servers. This is South Florida. Service matters.
Atmosphere-->I found the interior of the take-out window location to be very filthy/dirty. The floor has bits of trash that obviously was there for quite a few days. The surfaces need to be washed with soap and bleach.
Food-->Excellent sandwich and coffee. Just clean up the floor and surfaces and train the ladies at the window.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Elegance2
Orlando, Florida
“Favorite Cuban Restaurant in South Florida”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been to a couple of La Carreta restaurants in South Florida but this one is the furthest North so we visit this one most often. The food here is consistently good. The lamb shank is awesome. The oxtail stew they serve on Saturdays is also very good. Basically everything I've had here is good. The service in the dining room is usually efficient but business-like. The dining room carpet has seen better days and a make-over wouldn't hurt but otherwise it's still a favorite. La Carreta has quite the dessert assortment but the Tres Leches cake is the best I've ever had.

• Visited June 2013