“Pretty good for Cuban food...and I'm Cuban!”

La Carreta Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good for Cuban food...and I'm Cuban!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ordered a midnight sandwich and a Cuban to taste since I heard this place was a good place to stop. The midnight bread was perfect! I'd buy the bread alone for sure. The sandwich was nicely prepared and was traditional style. I appreciate that. Sometimes places add their own random touches to the recipe and that's fine, just don't tell me it's traditional. I did order croquettes as well but they were average. They didn't seem homemade. I also had a guava pastry and it was loaded! That doesn't happen very often. The food was good and the prices were cheap. I'll be back!

• Visited November 2012

Orlando, Florida
“Exquisite Food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Actually I went to the one in Miramar. Great atmosphere. Very clean. Great wait staff. Awesome drinks. Very satisfied

Visited November 2012
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great Food and Staff!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Few weeks ago my wife and I invited to our pastor and his wife to have a dinner with us and we selected this restaurant and to be honest the selection couldn't be better.The food was great and on time, excelent service, we can even mention a server's name because all of them (in our section) were pending to the customers in case we should need any thing, tthe environmet was perfect and the management was present all the time checking the service's quality. We wants to congratulate to the management and staff for the great great job done.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ERGomez12
Miramar, Florida
“Cuban sandwich”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I just went for lunch with my wife ordered a Cuban sandwich with lettuce and tomato a few minutes later the sandwich was served but with out lettuce and tomato, I told the server that I ordered it with lettuce and tomato she told the cashier about it and the cashier flipped out and started screaming that I has to get up of my table and pay for the lettuce and tomato and that I never told her about the lettuce and tomato in my sandwich , she approached the table very upset saying that was my fault. I let her know that is not the right attitude and I was willing to pay for the extra, the facts that she was very loud and screaming make me decide to ask for my money still pay for my soup and the drink that my wife ordered, on my way out she still screaming and telling other customers about my situation. Management needs to train their staff so they can better service the customers.

• Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“good cuban food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The staff is very accomodating for our large party on a busy sunday morning, breakfast buffet was ok, wait staff was awesome, kept the cafe con leche flowing. For dinner the food is excellent and portions are good.

Visited October 2012