“A good example of one of our favourite chains.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A good example of one of our favourite chains.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been eating at Cracker Barrels for many years on just about every visit ti the USA. Good, tasty meals representing excellent value.
We introduced some friends to the concept on this trip, and they were suitably impressed.
We dined at about 8pm on a Monday evening, and were seated without a wait. Service was as good as usual, with frequent drinks top-ups and friendly helpful staff.
The chain is famed for 'home cooking' and whilst I agree that the portions are not what they used to be - it still represents excellent value and the unusual items on the menu like cat fish, okra and turnip greens hold more than novelty appeal.
My favourite is the chicken with dumplings and my Wife enjoys their rainbow trout. We both also love the country biscuits they serve with the meal.
All in all - cheap, tasty and good - we really like the chain.

• Visited September 2012

“Good but worst than used to be”
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We used to go there really often but not anymore
they reduced the portions way back for the same or higher prices
many of the plates does not taste as homemade as used to be
the service is really good and the decor is great but is not enogh to come back

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Food is consistant w/other Cracker Barrels - service is not!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've eaten at a lot of Cracker Barrels in many states and at mulitiple locations within them, and the food at this location is the same, which is saying that it is consistant compared to others. The service although is worse, I found my server to have been having a bad day personally. Order was wrong, I asked for additional biscuits and honey which I had to wait a very long time for. Typically the servers bring around pictures of ice tea, again I had to wait a very long time to get refills. If I had more time upon leaving, I would have spoken with the Manager on duty. Very disappointing, Cracker Barrel is one of my go to restaurants when traveling, I choose this chain over most fast food places where I pay just a little bit more for much better food. I hope the next time I visit this restaurant at this location, service is much better.

miami
“NEVER AGAIN!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We used to go to Cracker Barrel in Pembroke Pines, FL all the time, and it was great. Not any more. The prices haven't gone up too much, but the portion sizes have been cut way back. I got the roast beef for dinner, and it was so small, it looked like the waiter had picked up someone's leftovers and brought them to me. It was about 3 or 4 bites worth of beef. He said a lot of customers complain about the portion sizes of the food, but that the meat is weighed, and he could not bring me any more beef. My sister got the chicken and dumplings. It was about 90% gravy, with very little chicken or dumplings. The hash brown casserole side dish also tasted like instant hash browns, not homemade at all. They may be saving money by cutting back on portion sizes, but they are losing money by having less returning customers.

1 Thank angelakaye
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is great, the food is spectacular, and the service is average. You have to try the hash brown casserole.