“Great Pasta”

Russo's Coal Fired Italian Kitchen
Ranked #120 of 367 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The centerpiece of any Russo's restaurant is the 7,000lb coal fired oven. Only a toll like this can infuse pizza so completely and deliciously with the unique flavors of the pizzas toppings, and even the oven itself. Here at Russo's, we specialize in New York Style thin crust pizza. Everything in store is made fresh to order, and we source only the best ingredients to bring you the best flavors. In the words of founder Anthony Russo's father, we operate under the principle of "If you can't make it fresh, don't serve it!". It was this commitment to quality supplemented by a desire to share that led Russo's to conquer New York, and then other lands all over the nation. Russo's features a wide variety on the menu, from traditional favorite like our pizza, to various seafood dishes, sandwiches, pastas, cheesecakes and the like
Fort Lauderdale
“Great Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Russo's Coal Fired Italian Kitchen is a chain from New York and although New York is known for their pizza, I was still a little bit iffy but willing to check it out.

Service was adequate; nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about either. That is all I need anyways, just bring me my food and I am good. The bread was different than the normal and we happened to get a fresh batch so it was quite good.

All Russo’s pastas are made fresh in their kitchen so I was excited to try one of the dishes out. I had a penne pasta that was perfectly al dente (although someone else may feel it is slightly undercooked). It was so delicious and so amazingly good. I wasn't expecting it and so it really knocked my socks off.

Pizza cannot be passed up at a place that serves coal fire pizza, so we ordered the New York Village. It was hot out of the oven, made with a nice thinner and crispier crust, fresh ingredients and a nice homemade sauce. It was quite good.

• Visited February 2014

South Florida, Florida
“Nice place, average pie, decent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not bad, just not spectacular. Asked for chicken wings, which were not on lunch menu and they had them. They were small but good. Pizza was a little too small and too thin for my liking. Caprese salad was very good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank TheKodiak
Raleigh, NC
“Good Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went there with a group of friends. Most of us ordered pizza, which was very good. A few ordered pasta and we had a few appetizers. Everything was good and the wait staff were very friendly. Overall a nice experience, but nothing special.

• Visited February 2014
Miramar, Florida
“Good food but poor services”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The pizza is good and several choices but the service needs to improve a lot. Also it is not good that they bring the food one dish at the time so one person can finish eating and the other doesn't have their food yet.

1 Thank fernandoache
Miramar
“Good food but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife bought a Groupon for this place and we went there to try.
Everything was great, food is very taste. We had mear balls, arancini, salad and pizza. Had order a bottle of wine, but the server told me that it was out of stock. Fine, not a big deal, i did order another wine.
We had a great time. We used the Groupon and I tip on top of whole bill before discount ( 20% ).
When I was leaving the restaurant I saw the bottle of wine that I asked at first and they told me It was out of stock. Seriously? Things like that make me feel not happy and change my point of view from this place. Manager came to explain that to me, but It was too late. They had a bad luck because I know about wine and restaurant. The manager didn't take properly. She just say a lot of sorry, but never offer something to make sure I will come back again. They dont have a lots of experience in the restaurant business... I might come back because of the food, but not promise leave 20% again...

• Visited January 2014