“Russo's, a little bit of a chicago vibe.....”

Russo's Coal Fired Italian Kitchen
Ranked #118 of 388 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The centerpiece of any Russo's restaurant is the 7,000lb coal fired oven. Only a toll like this can infuse pizza so completely and deliciously with the unique flavors of the pizzas toppings, and even the oven itself. Here at Russo's, we specialize in New York Style thin crust pizza. Everything in store is made fresh to order, and we source only the best ingredients to bring you the best flavors. In the words of founder Anthony Russo's father, we operate under the principle of "If you can't make it fresh, don't serve it!". It was this commitment to quality supplemented by a desire to share that led Russo's to conquer New York, and then other lands all over the nation. Russo's features a wide variety on the menu, from traditional favorite like our pizza, to various seafood dishes, sandwiches, pastas, cheesecakes and the like
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Friday night and where to go for dinner. So many choices in our area and we chose Russo's. Russo's has been open for a few months and we haven't had a chance to visit because it's always so packed. This time we came in a little earlier and were able to get a table immediately. The restaurant has a nice decor and feel to it. When you walk in the first thing you notice is there Coal Fired Pizza oven. It's huge and completely covered in old Chicago bricks. I feel the place does have a nice chicago feel to it, might just be the bricks. The way the restaurant is laid out and decorated it doesn't feel like its in a shopping center which is a huge plus. Who needs to feel like your at a mall, not me. As soon as we sat down the waiter came over and took our beverage order. Five minutes later he came back and took our food order. We started out with the Fried Mozzarella and a order of there house bread. The house bread was good served with a bit of garlic on the bottom of the plate. The Mozzarella on the other hand was a huge disappointment. It arrived frozen, seems like they just took it out of the freezer and fried it for a few minutes. We asked the waiter to take that back and bring us another serving and this one came out warm. It is served with a small bit of marinara on top it really wasn't worth ordering. We basically gave up on it. On the other hand the complimentary bread was amazingly good it was served hot and fresh. Unfortunately they only brought out two pieces. Next time we have to ask for two orders. For our main course we ordered a large pizza, plain cheese on one side and sausage and pepperoni on the other. I was really surprised with the taste and the consistency of the pizza. Great flavors, the sauce was not too sweet, the pepperoni and sausage were sliced thin and were delicious. Unlike the appetizer it was served nice and hot. The service was on point, friendly staff and they made sure we were always taken care of. Overall we will probably be back just for the Pizza, if were in the neighborhood.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

had spaghetti w/ sausage. sausage was burnt and bad. felt sick and was still burping up sausage the next day. & no response from an e-mail to them.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been here several times since they recently opened. Each time there was someone to open the door for me and welcome me in. The service has been very good. The food has also been very good. I've had the Arancini (Rice Balls), Manhattan Pizza, Calzone, Nona's Eggplant, and a couple of their sandwiches. They also have a small, but decent selection of craft beer.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I want last week with a friend for lunch. We came around 13h30 and the restaurant was almost empty. Nevertheless we had a slow service. I don't blame the waitress who I suppose was alone for the full restaurant and certainly did not have enough hands to do what would be needed.
After ordering the food, it took a while to get what we ordered.
At one point after choosing our place in an empty restaurant, we were going to leave because no one was coming to take our order, lucky wise for the restaurant the waitress came when we were starting to go out.
The food was not as good as it was one year ago, my invited and I were very disappointed and decided, that Russo was not any more on our list of restaurants.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very good, but a little pricey. They do have a lot of coupons available to use, which make it a steal to order a couple pizzas. Pretty much everything they have here is good, I have yet to try anything that isn't, but I generally stick to ordering pizzas from them because they offer the most coupons on them. It's definitely worth a try.