“Wonderful, top notch sushi, delicious...”
Review of Blue Ginger

Blue Ginger
Ranked #15 of 374 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our first visit to the Blue Ginger and definitely not the last one!

Beautiful, small restaurant with nice and modern decor. Very pleasant. The place was also very busy. We are a family of sushi lovers and in my 40+ years of life and travel I have tried sushi in many countries since this is for a very long time my favorite food. I tried sushi in many places in Japan and other Asian countries as well as US and Europe and I can say that without doubt Blue Ginger has the top quality, some of the most awesome sushi I have ever tried. Whatever sushi we had (we tried 5 different rolls, including signature rolls) everything was very fresh and everything had wonderful taste. This is a very well run restaurant with friendly service and most amazing food.

1  Thank InterMMiami
There are newer reviews for Blue Ginger

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

This sushi bar is small and new, but totally charming and family friendly. The restaurant is dominated by a large bar (kids welcome) with a river running the perimeter. Boats float down the river with colored plates and if you like what you see, you can just grab it. Pricing is simple: the color of the plate determines the price. Plates range between $3 and $6. If there's no room at the bar, there are traditional tables filling the rest of the space.

What's good: the atmosphere! Do yourself a favor and sit at the river bar. So charming! Also good is the brilliant selection. Everything you find on the menu will eventually be on the boats, and the sushi chefs will make anything you're interested in. They'll also explain what's in the rolls and other dishes. Service, too, was topnotch.

What's less awesome: a lot of the sushi selections are heavy on the sauce. Also, the bar may fill up fast, and you really should sit at the bar. If you go with kids, the empty plates you're left with will add up quickly. My kids wanted to try everything, and we certainly paid for it. Prices, still, were right in line with what you'd expect to spend at other sushi restaurants. Our check was less than a hundred dollars for five people, and we tried nearly everything.

1  Thank KatieInContinuance
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We frequent this little place since our first visit months ago! The sushi bar with the floating boats is fun for all with lots of variety. The table service is great and the food is as well. My family loves sushi and its always fresh and delicious. I opt for "cooked" items which have never disappointed. Great location as well. Highly recommended!

2  Thank DebraA413
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I just moved into the area and went on a mission to find my new sushi go-to spot - this place is it. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. I have been there twice in 2 weeks and have had the same stellar experience both times. Tonight I went with my three nephews and they had an awesome time. Highly recommend!

2  Thank Yvo1130
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I met and old friend here because he is a sushi connoisseur and said this "joint" has the best hands down. All I can say is that he was right. Everything I ate was delicious, extra fresh and tasty. We sat at the bar, watched the plates rotate in floating toy boats before us and chose what looked good (everything!). We happened to sit in front of what I believe was the head sushi chef and asked him what many of the dishes were. He also prepared us particular requested dishes and some special things not on the menu requested by my friend. The service was prompt and friendly, without being intrusive. The atmosphere was fun and comfortable. We were there during happy hour which helped the bill with our drinks, but the bill can add up pretty quickly.

3  Thank KayakDave