“Excellent food and service”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 374 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: When it comes to Italian food, BRIO Tuscan Grille in The Shops of Pembroke offers the best Italian dishes and grilled entrees. Join us at Pembroke Gardens! We bring the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to Pembroke providing you the best Italian restaurant near you. Choose BRIO Tuscan Grille in the heart of The Shops at Pembroke Gardens across from Barnes and Noble. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The waitstaff and hosts could not have been nicer or more attentive. Miguel, our waiter in Pembroke Pines, was outstanding. Quattro appetizer was yummy as were our chopped salads (2 of us shared 1 salad),penne mediterranean, spicy shrimp,and pasta campania. Restaurant was crowded but we never felt rushed. Get a Brio card and get a free $12 appetizer just for joining plus other perks. For a chain restaurant, this one is great !
There is also a lovely patio and bar area outside,but we opted to eat inside, since Sunday nights, there is very loud live Latin music outside.

There are newer reviews for BRIO Tuscan Grille

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Never disappoints. The food is great and we have had the best service every time. A bit noisy but still great!

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Awsome italian food.
nice place
Good for price
excelent location
good service
the beer was not so cold
nothing is perfect
great ambience

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I were doing some shopping at the Shops of Pembroke Gardens and instead of my typical choice of Cheesecake Factory or RA Sushi, I decide to try something different and check out Brio Tuscan Grille. Once inside, the hostess told us that it was happy hour at the bar which consisted of $3.95 Tuscan tasters and $5 cocktails. A glutton for food, a deal and the opportunity to try some small plates, I took her up on the offer.

The restaurant was huge. The decor consisted of the typical Tuscan scenery Ala Olive Gardens albeit nicer but in any case it was happy hour so we headed to the bar on the patio. Outside was a lot nicer. It had a spacious bar, a few high tables, and lounge type seating. It was not dark out yet, but I could imagine that at night with the right lighting how nice it could be.

For food, we decided to try a few of different things. One of the things we ordered was the Brio Burger. The was by far the best thing we ate. Very juicy and although very basic of a burger, the bun and cheese gave a nice taste to it. My next favorite was the Ravioli Caprese. Obviously not fresh made pasta but still it tasted good. The Sausage & Pepperoni Flatbread was just too flat. It was overcooked, way to thin and just not right. The Crispy Shrimp Piccante was a huge disappointment. When the server warns you that a dish is very spicy you expect it to at least have a drop of spice. The spicy aioli it was suppose to be drizzled with was more like a few drops. The only flavor it had was overly salty.

The drinks selections were fine by me, but they were mostly if not all "girly" cocktail drinks that I could only envision a group of women enjoying for their after work hours. So, my boyfriend didn't order off the menu and got two Guinness instead. I did order from the menu and got a Sangria Rose and a Mango Mojito. Frankly, it's happy hour and only $5 so I was not expecting really strong drinks but they were both pretty good drinks.

Although the food had a few misses, I liked enough of the dishes, the drinks and especially the prices that I will definitely come back for happy hour or lunch or dinner.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had eaten here only once before when it first opened a couple of years ago and was not impressed then, so we decided to give this place another try years later , because one of our friends said the food was soooooo good.
Well sorry to tell you, the food was alright. The food tastes like a chain food restaurant, along the lines of Macarroni Grill, however Macaroni Grill food has some flavor, Tuscan Grill is bland and they do not practice temperature control.

Should have known that something was wrong, when our calamari was served within 5 minutes of ordering. It was warm at best so I’m figuring they gave us some left over calamari or they prep all this ahead of time like an assembly line and then serve it to get the customers in and out.
My husband ordered the lasagna – it was just awful, tasted like canned tomato sauce. No flavor. He took two bites and left it there.
I ordered the Veal Marsala Classic0, it was okay but again it was luke warm and the presentation was not very appetizing either. Had to share the dish with my husband. Our server was very hesitant to even come back to our table, I guess she saw that they lasagna was just left there to the side.. Finally the Manager came over and asked if there was anything wrong and my husband frankly told him that the lasagna was just terrible. He asked if he could offer us something else from the menu, but my husband had already finished the rest of my meal. Manager insisted on giving us another dish to take home with us, obviously the intention was to make sure that we paid for the dish by replacing it with another instead of just removing it from the bill
My husband agreed to take another Veal Marsala to go. It wasn’t a surprise when our server showed up with the Veal Marsala literally 5 minutes later all wrapped up.
This confirms that the food is not freshly prepared. Needless to say that we will never be returning here, Chain Food Restaurants, it’s a toss up sometimes