“Great pizoooookes! (Dessert)”

BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #31 of 367 Restaurants in Pembroke Pines
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened within the past 30 days. We've eaten there seveal times.
“Great pizoooookes! (Dessert)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Great beer, atmosphere, open till midnight during the week, till 1 on the weekend!

Happy hour offers half off appetizers and half off mini pizzas. Starts at 10 (pretty sure)

• Visited April 2013

South Florida, Florida
“Great Food - Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I read with interest their "Gold Standard" of Operational Excellence after my wife and I left BJs on Sunday afternoon. It had been a while since we had been to BJs. Even though the service on our previous visits was bad, we had enjoyed the food and decided to give it another try.

Upon arrival we noticed the parking lot was no longer crowded. When we got inside most of the tables were empty. My first though was service will likely be better.

That was a wrong assumption. We waited probably 5 minutes for anyone to take our drink order. Waiters and waitresses walked by like they were zombies, never even making eye contact.finally, I caught the attention of a young lady who assured me our waiter would be right with us. He did arrive a few minutes later and took our drink order. Then another wait!

When he brought our Ice Tea, there were only a few ice cubes in our otherwise warm drinks. Then another wait as he disappeared once again without taking our order. Upon his return we did order quickly assuming that any delay might result in his disappearing once again.

The food came quickly and as in the past it was delicious. Too bad he never returned. No refills on our drinks, no asking if we needed anything else, never.

After finishing our meal and waiting patiently for our check, I finally caught the eye of another waitress, who assured us she would get our check and a "To Go " box. She did this rather promptly and we left ... Not to return in the near future.

When we hear others tell us that it has, then we may return and enjoy your excellent food!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dan9969
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Chance after chance and service always poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been to BJ's in Colorado and loved the food and beers, and was excited when one was built in S. Fla. I've been multiple times now. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, but the wait is always much too long. You can call ahead of time to start your wait time, but the waiting doesn't stop at getting a table. It takes WAY too long for a drink order to even be taken that you need to make sure you order all of your food and perhaps a second beverage because your sever will be nowhere to be found for the next 45 minutes. It's the same story every time I've come, on different days of the week, different times of day, and different servers. No wonder the wait to sit is so long, because you're stuck at your table forever with no drinks or food to show for it. God forbid the server forgets something the one time he/she visits your table, you may never get it because they won't be back until you're done eating. I go to enjoy the yummy beers but if nobody stops by to see if I need another drink I'll only have the option to have one beer in the 1 and 1/2 hours I'm forced to sit there, and instead could have given the restaurant more revenue. They are either severely understaff, don't care, or are poorly organized. I will not attempt this restaurant again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jlt_5266
Miami, Florida
“Will Not Return for a Long Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our third visit to this local, the other two were acceptable (not great). I took 7 people here for Dinner. They wanted to seat us in a small table with one chair sticking out the end of the table that would be bumped continuosly by passersby. I refused, they had large booths empty which all of us could sit comfortably, they said there was "no one" covering that area which was totally empty. After waiting more than enough time, they found us a "large booth" right next to the ones I pointed out were empty. Took awhile for our server to get to us, she was obviously overworked. Took FOREVER to get our meals, My Daughter in Law had to send hers back, not cooked properly, she got it back long after everybody else finished. Waitress apologized many times said they did not have enough kitchen staff and overall help. I complained to the Manager as we left, he appeared to be out in space in URANUS ! Bad experience I will NOT return anytime soon. Better off going to LongHorn Steakhouse next door, food is better, so is the service and prices.

• Visited December 2012
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I went with my coworkers for lunch. This was our second time together there. We've enjoyed great service, a generous menu, with reasonable prices both times. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive.
Best of all the food was delicious. We had the avocado egg roles, flatbread pizza as appetizers, shrimp scamp on angel hair pasta, chicken quesadillas, mild chicken wings and a triple ice cream dessert perfect for sharing.