“Lost its Appeal - Won't go back”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Weston, Florida
“Lost its Appeal - Won't go back”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have reviewed this place in a positive way twice in the past three years and have stayed here many times. I will state that I am not a complainer and I do not use this site to whine, but here I go doing both!

I am sad to say that something has changed at this Hampton. My last two visits (recent) have convinced me that this place is off my list. Since I travel to this area often, I do not want to limit my options, but enough is enough. First, and worst, the wireless internet service is as bad as it gets anywhere. I had to leave to go to a local McDonald's to get connectivity. Even the lobby area connectivity was no good and the excuses for poor system performance from the staff were pitiful. Basically, if you are trying to do business at this place using the internet, you are screwed and these people do not care one bit.

At check-in, I waited 28 minutes to get to the desk. Check-in was an unusual pain for this location and time of day.They just did not care. The eight people in line ahead of me were then given cold water and snacks for their patience, but not me, nor the people in line behind me, who had been piling up. For a beach property this would have been OK, for these guys it is was really bad form.

Then, I was assigned a smoking room. When I said that I did not ask for smoking, the guy checking me in started giving me grief. I told him that I had stayed at this property for more than 20 times and that I had never asked for, nor stayed in, a smoking room. He got mad and then went into his computer system and declared that smoking was a choice on my Hilton Honors preference's. WHAT! I told him to give me a non-smoking room or that I would leave. As a result, I got a room at a bad price and with a bad attitude, and no Hilton Diamond goodies. ( I did go back to make sure that none of my Hilton Honors preferences had been changed by me or my wife, so that only made me more disappointed with the front deck manager. )

The rate for this place doubles or more during tourist season. For the doubling of price, I don't want service to be cut in half, but that is what is going on. Forget this place, there are so many alternatives.

1 Thank DPB123
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I would like to aplogize for the inconvenience you've experienced during your stay with us.

You've been a loyal guest of our hotel for many years and I hate for your business due to Guest Service Representative's attitude and lack of WI-FI connection. I will address the staffing issue and I can assure you, we are working deligently to get our WI-FI enough bandwith and more MG to speed up the internet. We are on last stage of upgrading our system, and I can assure you that this will be recified by end of next week.

Once again my deepest apologies for the experienc you encountered at our hotel and I hope you will give us another oportunity to show you our Hamptonality.

Thank you and have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Good locations but moldy bathrooms and front desk staff with a terrible attitude. The manager should take a shower and put some clean clothes on...really! The furniture in the rooms is from the 1980's.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. We are very sorry for the problems you encountered. We have addressed the mold issues as well as your concerns about service. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Kind regards,
Berryville, Arkansas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Initially we had a great time at this hotel, but experienced problems with manager customer service for Hilton Diamond members. Most of the staff is quite friendly, but the Internet is dysfunctional in this hotel. When we ask for the standard 100% Hampton guarantee, they only offered a 15% discount nightly, and one full refund out of a six day stay. This was only negotiated after much resistance from the desk management. This is most unusual for quality Hampton Inns, Especially for Hilton Diamond members. I would avoid this hotel until they rectify their Internet dysfunction, and increase their managerial customer service skills

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We appreciate your candid feedback and apologize for the poor internet connectivity you experienced. We've contacted our service to provider to make the necessary updates and regret the inconvenience this caused you. We value your business and your loyalty as a rewards member and invite you to contact us if you have any additional comments or concerns. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Thank you and have a great day.
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We came into the Hampton Inn -Pembroke Pines, Fla. on a Late Arrival status at 1:30 am Saturday Morning -Feb.1,2014. Andrew was the Night Manager on duty & he helped our family get checked in quickly (we had two very tired children, ages 9 & 10,) and he jumped into action by keeping them happy with complimentary soda and snacks. He was waiting for us so the processing went smoothly and we were in bed by 2:00 am. We slept until 10:00 am and went to see Grandma & Grandpa for lunch at noon. Everybody was well rested and happy because of the great help we received earlier that morning. Thank you, Andrew and Hampton Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow I am so happy to read your review of our hotel and especially Andrew. He will defintely be acknowledged for his outstanding service. But most importantly, your family had a restful night sleep and I am glad to read that your kids were able to see grandma and grandpa all rested.

Once again thank you so much for your review of our hotel and we look forward to your next trip down to Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines.

Have a wonderful day.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it is close to the chili cookoff. It was a short cab ride away to the event. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. The free breakfast is very good too and they have begian waffles. The lobby has a free coffee station with flavored creamers

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. I hope you had a great time at Chili Cook Off. Majority of the bands that played happened to stayed with us, so I hope you had a chance to meet some of the band members at our hotel.

Once again thank you so much for your great review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines and we look forward to seeing you next year for Chili Cookoff.

Have a great day.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This appears to be an older building, quite possibly not originally a Hampton Inn. It does show its age somewhat.
The public areas are, as usual, clean and bright. Room 222 had a very good mattress, although the bathroom could benefit from a little TLC. The thermostat controls were complicated.
The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn but the employees were somewhat disorganized.
Recommended but I'm certain there are better Hampton Inns in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking a little time out of your day to give us a candid review of our hotel. The hotel was built as a Hampton Inn, but you are correct in your assessment that this is not a new hotel.

But as you can read from other former guests that stayed with us in TripAdvisor, what we lack in a newly style Hampton Inns, we provide all of our guests with Hamptonality and have a very loyal guests who have been staying with us for years.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we hope you will try our hotel again in a very near future.
Pembroke Pines, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Visiting on business. Great stay. Near Interstate 75 and Malls. Check in was a breeze. (Thanks Abby!) Comfortable clean rooms. Internet access signal could have been better than it was, but wasn't a big deal. Night time security is on point, so you will feel safe if returning late. Free breakfast can't be beat. If you miss breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel right outside of the hotel and a Wendy's not far away. Worth a return trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. I am glad to hear we met most of your needs and thanks for reconizing Abi, I will make sure to share this review with her.

Once again thank you for staying with us at Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines and we look forward to seeing you on your next business trip.

Have a wonderful day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines? Share your experiences!