I have reviewed this place in a positive way twice in the past three years and have stayed here many times. I will state that I am not a complainer and I do not use this site to whine, but here I go doing both!
I am sad to say that something has changed at this Hampton. My last two visits (recent) have convinced me that this place is off my list. Since I travel to this area often, I do not want to limit my options, but enough is enough. First, and worst, the wireless internet service is as bad as it gets anywhere. I had to leave to go to a local McDonald's to get connectivity. Even the lobby area connectivity was no good and the excuses for poor system performance from the staff were pitiful. Basically, if you are trying to do business at this place using the internet, you are screwed and these people do not care one bit.
At check-in, I waited 28 minutes to get to the desk. Check-in was an unusual pain for this location and time of day.They just did not care. The eight people in line ahead of me were then given cold water and snacks for their patience, but not me, nor the people in line behind me, who had been piling up. For a beach property this would have been OK, for these guys it is was really bad form.
Then, I was assigned a smoking room. When I said that I did not ask for smoking, the guy checking me in started giving me grief. I told him that I had stayed at this property for more than 20 times and that I had never asked for, nor stayed in, a smoking room. He got mad and then went into his computer system and declared that smoking was a choice on my Hilton Honors preference's. WHAT! I told him to give me a non-smoking room or that I would leave. As a result, I got a room at a bad price and with a bad attitude, and no Hilton Diamond goodies. ( I did go back to make sure that none of my Hilton Honors preferences had been changed by me or my wife, so that only made me more disappointed with the front deck manager. )
The rate for this place doubles or more during tourist season. For the doubling of price, I don't want service to be cut in half, but that is what is going on. Forget this place, there are so many alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're conveniently located off I-75 and Sheridan Street East, between the Miramar and Weston Parks of Commerce. Our Free amenities include: Wireless High-Speed Internet, "On The House" Hot Breakfast, local calls, and parking. All rooms have been newly remodeled and offers coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, TV w/extended cable, and 2 phones w/voice mail. Outdoor pool, business center, fitness center, 24-hr convenience store, laundry/valet services, laundromat, and meeting facilities. King-whirlpool rooms are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines Hotel Pembroke Pines
- Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines
- Pembroke Pines Hampton Inn