“Better Hampton facilities close by”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
United States
“Better Hampton facilities close by”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We usually stay at a newer Hampton Inn off Red Rd. and Miramar Parkway. For some reason, this Hampton Inn is always full and more expensive. Except for it's proximity to a movie theatre on the other side of I75, I can't for the life of me understand why. But this time, they had rooms and the price difference was minimal, so we decided to try it. It's not that it's a bad hotel, it just needs work.

As someone else mentioned, the bathrooms are in rough shape...floors and showers need to be regrouted. The shower rail in our room was broken as was the outlet. There is too much furniture for the size of the room...a table for suitcases, an entertainment dresser for the tv, a desk, a round table and two chairs, two comfortable beds AND a refrigerator and microwave located right next to the bed which went on and off all night making so much noise I had to unplug it...and I LIKE white noise! I did see someone using the "business center" while we were there, but we didn't go in. However, if we'd wanted to get some work done, we would have had to because there are so many things in the room plugged into the wall that the ONLY available outlets were two on the nightstand!

The dining room is large and the food typical of a Hampton, if a bit less varied. The parking lot in front of the hotel is small, so if you return later at night, you have to park along the side of the building, out of view of the door. I didn't feel particularly safe. The pool looked very nice, but we didn't use it as it was cool and rainy while we were there. I wouldn't stay here again by choice, but I'd probably stay in a bind. Not that bad, just not that good, either.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank littleyacht
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. First of all, I want to thank you for trying out our hotel. I know we are not the newest or biggest Hampton Inn in the area, but we strive to do our best to accomdate all guests.

It seems like we didn't quiet meet your expectation of Hampton Inn and I would like apologize for the bathroom, furnishing, and overall decor of the hotel. We have renovated most of our hotel except for the bathroom and in room furniture, which will be addresssed this year.

I hope you will give us another try at Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines and thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest.

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Not worth the Price. Internet is slow....3Mbps Bathroom Dirty, Door falling off hinges. NOISY PEOPLE Could not SLEEP!!!!! Put in a joining room. Not Worth the &135.00 I paid for 3 nights. I will never stay here again. If you want to waste your money, be my quest. I will never be a Guest of HAMPTON AGAIN.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you fo taking some time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. First of all, I want to appologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We strive to make sure every guest is satisfied during their stay and it look like we failed to meet your expectations. I am truly greatful for your candid comments and I will make sure to pass along your issues you had at our hotel.

Once again Thank you for your review and we hope that you will give us a another try in the future.

Fort Myers, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Everything I experienced was very good at this location. it is convent for me when I am in the area. Close to I-75, restaurants, and events. I ride horses, and compete them, this location is very close to the stable I visit. The drive to Wellington is an easy drive. Steve

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Steve D
Thank you so much for your review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. I am glad our location in Pembroke Pines serves you well for your horse competetion.

We are always here to serve you and once again thank you so much for your kind review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines.

Miami, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed two nights and other than a slightly noisy a/c unit, everything was great. The front desk staff was very attentive and the room was very comfortable. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet and found the wireless Internet connection acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Curtis W. C
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. First of all, I want to apologize for the AC noise you experienced during your stay. I will certainly get with my maintenance department to make sure all of our units are working and in good condition.

Other than the AC noise, I am ecstatic to hear your stay was very enjoyable. It's always great to read a great reviews like yours.

Thank you and we look forward to your next stay at Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines.
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 20, 2013

excellent location, very nice facility, friendly greetings - this is a good place for Dolphins games. Took us only 40 minutes to get to South Beach, very close to major highway (I-75) complimentary breakfast is very good, business center very efficient, coffee to go 24/7 and the daily bag lunches are a nice touch

1 Thank Rickwheel
Thank you for your great review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. I am glad to hear that we are within close distance to wonderful places that you mentioned on your review.

It's also good to read that you enjoyed our hotel and our staff. We make sure you as a guest is our number one priority and I think we did our job well.

Once again thank you for your kind review.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Reviewed December 20, 2013

After experiencing an awful arrival/stay at a previous hotel we reserved, we arrived at the Hampton Inn as an emergency back up plan. We got excellent service, and the overall stay was really great; we got a lot in return for the price we payed. Quiet, Clean, Comfy, Nice, Affortable & Friendly. Highly recommended! Greets to Laurence at the front desk for helping us out :-)

1 Thank LBZS
Thank you for your kind review of Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines. I am sorry to hear that your first hotel did not meet your expectations, but our's did.

I will certainly share your wonderful review with my staff, especially Laurence. We are very proud to have him represent our hotel.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip at Hampton Inn Pembroke Pines.
Rochester NY
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Out of 40 some odd reviews I have written, I believe this is only the third negative. I checked into this hotel, accompanied by my husband who was in town on business. Walked in, the room felt really warm and stuffy so we turned down the A/C. Went about our business setting our belongings out before leaving to go get dinner. After ten minutes or so the room had actually gotten warmer, not cooler. Now, being from NY where it was 15F and snowing when we left, it was HOT in FL. We are used to sleeping in a house where we set the heat back to 55 to conserve energy. We weren't expecting the room to be that cool, but the night before, at a different Hampton and in most other hotels we have stayed in, we were able to achieve 60. We called down to the desk and asked that the maintenance man come and override the thermostat. We do this regularly. It is never a problem. We explain we like a cool room to sleep and they come right away to override it. The lady at the front desk was very nice. She informed us that wouldn't be possible as it isn't allowed by management. Now, my husband had a medical condition that requires the room to be cool I don't know that he made a big deal about that in particular, but it is important, it is more than comfort. She said that not only would they not be able to turn it down, but as soon as we left for dinner it would go back up. Apparently the A/C has a MOTION sensor. When you go to sleep, the unit is going to SHUT OFF unless you get up and walk around the room three or four times in the middle of the night. Go to dinner? You are going to come back to a stuffy room with no A/C running. No A/C in Florida?? Really? This was totally unacceptable to us. Who wants to wake up all hot and sweaty in a humid, Florida hotel room? Not us! If you like your room toasty, then this is the hotel for you! Well, it wasn't for us. Since we had only been there about fifteen minutes, the sweet front desk help allowed us to check out and they didn't charge us. We got online and made a reservation where we'd been the night before even though the location wasn't quite as convenient.

I can't comment on anything else because honestly we weren't there long enough. It seems to be a pretty run of the mill Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 4kidstolove
craig p, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry that you did not have a chance to enjoy your stay at our hotel.

I want to apologize for the AC incident and I have to admit, I am puzzled to why this occurred. I will certainly research the issue in regards to your room and once again my deepest apology for your inconvenience.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines? Share your experiences!