“One night stay, it was Ok”

Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Pembroke Pines
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Had to stay one night due to a broken AC at home. Not sure why this hotel is so pricey considering there is nothing around here. Staff was friendly, room clean and nice, has microwave and mini fridge which was plus with two little ones. Breakfast was included and had a good selection.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This Hampton Inn was very clean with friendly, helpful, accommodating staff. Breakfast was very good with a great range of choices for everyone. Being that we made this unexpected stop, you never know what you are going to end up with...but, we had a quality room and quality service and a quality breakfast. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had made the reservations directly calling the hotel to earn points. I was promised a discounted rate based on affiliation with AAA . However, when I received the bill , a higher rate was charged. I called the hotel next day , was told to speak with the management the next day. The electronic key did not work, until the technician came out with a special cleaning card to make it work. The toilet flush was very weak and needed several flushes. The hallway was very noisy during the afternoon and around evening with the little kids. The were outside the rooms let by their parents. I can understand some issues are not entirely predictable, the clerk at the front desk knew right away the door lock had an issue. My rating for this Hampton Inn is fair. I had made the reservations directly calling the hotel to earn points. I was promised a discounted rate based on affiliation with AAA . However, when I received the bill , a higher rate was charged. I called the hotel next day , was told to speak with the management the next day. The electronic key did not work, until the technician came out with a special cleaning card to make it work. The toilet flush was very weak and needed several flushes. The hallway was very noisy during the afternoon and around evening with the little kids. The were outside the rooms let by their parents. I can understand some issues are not entirely predictable, the clerk at the front desk knew right away the door lock had an issue. My rating for this Hampton Inn is fair

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for four nights from July 23-26 ,2013.We were booked two smoking rooms ,but wanted non- smoking ones.Unfortunately,only one non-smoking was available so we took that.We were told to check the next day to see if a room was available ,but checked two days after instead.We were then given the other non-smoking room with no problem.The rooms were all clean and checked daily ,and smelled so good .The breakfast was the best I ever had at any Hampton Inn,and the variety was good .The staff kept the items well stocked. A special thank you to the nice breakfast ladies ,and to Assistant General Manager ,'Mr.V '.I will definitely be back soon and told my co-worker about the good things I experienced.They will be going soon.Wish I was there now because I love good service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is very nice but in my opinion is not a dollar value place. The rate was higher then the Holiday Inn Express across the street !! If I am doing an overnight only I will opt to go with the lesser priced room of course. While I enjoy Hampton Inns very nuch I feel especially for the location the price for a night one room is out of line at I believe it was $107.00 plus tax. The Holiday Inn Express was 89.00. A big difference for a short stay !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed for ten days with family member recovering from surgery...pretty quiet...comfortable beds...clean....lots of accessible outlets....free wifi...shower that stayed a consistent temperature (have had bad experiences with this in the past at different hotels)...fridge and microwave in room...free breakfast consisting of fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, juices, one or two hot items daily, make your own waffles and a few other things.....coffee/tea available 24 hours(although it really wasn't that good, but I couldn't get a decent cup of coffee anywhere around that area, so maybe it's the water??). Friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Superb services in every category not one single complaint great value for your money. I have stayed at quite a few Hampton Inns around the country the quality and service is Five stars. The breakfast menu, quality and service is top of the line. You would have to spend at least $15.00 or more per person elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke Pines-Sheridan St
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Comfort Suites Weston  - Sawgrass Mills South
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines? Share your experiences!