The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$51
$62
$56
$82
$80
Premier Inn Chorley South Hotel(Chorley)(Great Value!)
$74
PremierInn.com
$56
The Brocket Arms Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
$51
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam room and jacuzzispa treatmentsmodern hotelmain restaurantchristmas partywedding guestswedding venueroom was largestayed here for one nightexecutive roomthe ground floorrelaxing breakshower gelrestaurant staffovernight staytea and coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the Wrightington for one night in Nov / December 2013 on business. We booked directly with the hotel and received a £110 rate for their deluxe rooms.

The exterior of the hotel makes this one a rather unassuming place, but who knew how lovely it would be inside? The hotel room was spotless, well presented, with coffee / tea and a very comfy bed. We had dinner at the hotel with a client the night before and our meals were outstanding. The food at the restaurant was really quite first class, especially considering its rather rural location to us Londoners.

Check in / check out was easy, efficient and friendly. My colleagues commented that they enjoyed their breakfasts.

All in all a lovely choice in the area and highly recommended for both the accommodation and restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Wright_Hotel, Admin Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

just spent a very relaxing break with my mum at this hotel through classic british hotels. We had a garden room with a Juliet balcony (although it was too cold to have the French doors open) which was lovely and large with very comfortable beds. Tea and coffee facilities, iron and ironboard in the room. Booked afternoon tea which was lovely. Dinner was good, really big portions (if you didn't have room for your sweet, they would send it to your room for you to eat later!). The staff couldn't do enough for us during our stay. We didn't try the spa facilities but did take a look and they looked very good. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this if you want a relaxing break.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest. It is always pleasing to receive positive feedback and we thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Don't know where to start with this review, my stay was that un pleasant! Complete utter disgrace and feel robbed that I got ripped of with a 'spa package'. I thought the staff that give us are room and at reception were un pleasant. But as for the staff who give us our treatment a back massage each for me and my girlfriend. The morning after our stay! So we had to check out and rush out of the hotel were the most unpleasant people I have met in my life time! Totally un pleasant in the vitality spa. And felt like we were fobbed of with a bit of oil and a rub and sent packing. I honestly Thought it would of been a great gift for my girlfriends 19th birthday as a little treat for her to be pampered. But honestly with no exaggeration if I was looking after anybody's dog I would of catered much better or in that case any pet. If your in to ripping people of then this is the hotel for you. There satellite tv has about 2 extra channels than free view. And there AA Award winning food is beyond a joke. Lamb was disgusting, wouldn't say any of it was fresh. And seen prove of this in the cafe when the woman who was lovely who worked in there ran out of prawns for my jacket potato. And then come out with a industrial size bag of frozen prawns from the freezer what tasted disgusting. On there website they sell spa packages. Beware the unpleasant people who run the vitality spa. Isn't the same company as the hotel and they do not communicate what so ever. If u want a spa package go some where else!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Millie B
Wright_Hotel, Business Development Manager at The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am in receipt of your review regarding your recent stay with us, I feel it very necessary to be unambiguous in my response to your comments as they are far from an accurate account of your stay with us, in fact I would go as far to say it is a complete defamation of a review. It is my opinion that your account is very unreasonable and is an unfairly damaging version of the actual sequence of events.
For your benefit but for mainly that of others reading this review, a true account…
After checking in to your room you requested to be moved as you thought you had booked a Superior Room (which you hadn’t), after personally checking our availability it seemed we were full that evening with the exception of The Maddox Suite, the best room in the house. I personally escorted you to the suite which you were vocally very delighted with, as were you with the level of service you were receiving. Please note you were not charged from the outset any upgrade fee for this room (normally £175 a night) as we wanted to make your girlfriend’s birthday a fantastic experience with us, to this we parted company, happy. Shortly after relocating you, we discovered you had soiled the bed of the room you originally checked in to, failing to tell us; again no charge was added to your bill.
You are correct in saying Vitality Spa is a separate business to ourselves but we have a very long standing relation and work very closely together on a day to day basis and never once have we heard such damaging comments. I can quite confidently say the staff in the spa are very professional and certainly would never dream of making you feel uncomfortable in any way; they have a very strong and loyal customer base. When you arrived at the hotel it is my understanding that you had not pre-booked any treatments and simply arrived expecting to be fitted in there and then, unfortunately it would be impossible to operate a thriving business without reservations being made for clients in advance of arrival, and this is the same for any spa or beauty clinic. I must also point out that I had arranged for you a complimentary late checkout when you had realised your error with the spa – I do not see how you would have been rushed out of the hotel, far from it.
In response to your other comments about the food, may I ask what the issue with the lamb was? The lamb dish is actually a best seller and no complaint was made to the team on the night, should there have been a genuine issue it would’ve been resolved there and then. Bennett’s restaurant upholds a fabulous reputation and an AA Rosette for 4 years now. The award is given by a professional from the AA and the hotel is placed under scrutiny to achieve it. In response to your comments about the food not being fresh, all our food is cooked from fresh in the hotels restaurant. In the Atrium café you refer to which is situated in the leisure club, you are correct in saying the prawns are frozen for the light snack menu, all other ingredients are fresh but you have picked on an ingredient that this is common practice to be kept frozen across 99% of hotels and establishments when served in a jacket potato or Panini.
I am by no means claiming that we are perfect, I am sure we, like all establishments make mistakes. Normally we welcome all feedback both positive and negative but your review is simply scandalous and is not to be taken seriously. Please note your patronage will not be accepted back at Wrightington Hotel & Country Club in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel has no 'soul' but if all you are looking for is an easy place to stay on a trip north or south then it does the job. The restaurant gives itself false airs - the food isn't as great as the AA rosettes would have you believe. We had the local shrimps which were swimming in butter - maybe that was the idea but the result was bland. We then had the chicken which was basically schnitzel but they had given it a different name. The desserts were tasty and well presented though. Chocolate tart with pistachio ice-cream - rich and moreish. The lemon tart creamy yet light - but could have been more lemony. The room was functional but given that there is a leisure center/ pool - complimentary flip flops or slippers would have been useful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Thank you to all the staff at The Wrightington for the fab New Years eve meal and party. I have nothing negative to say about our stay and would recommend The Wrightington to any of my friends. See you again, soon.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for New Year 2014.