“Yummy Happy Hour”

Cross street: Hillsboro
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy Happy Hour”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great happy hour appetizer menu! We had the meat ball that they are known for and it does melt in you mouth. It is at a happy hour price of $9 and worth every cent - it is hugh. Many varied appetizers on the menu. We also shared an order of calamari, which was cooked perfect
And a good portion. The drinks were 2 for 1 and really strong. The bread was served with a saucer of olive oil and lots of sliced garlic and italian parsley for dipping - yum, yum! Yes, I will go back on my next visit to Florida!

• Visited July 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worth another try”
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I recently tried this place again since I live right down the street. I took several years away fRom it because I could not stand the attitude there. Seems like they did me a favor by letting me in the door. I guess current times has humbeled Pete. Good thing because the food is very good. I went during the week with a client so there was no craziness. Next time I will try a busy time and hopefully be able to give additional stars. If they have learned how to treat people, I will start going back more and telling people. If its the same old loud environment with a bad attitude and service, it's off my list again. Only bad thing here is the prices. Very expensive. They should cut portions and prices or offer half portions. You will spend top dollar here so you should expect top food and service.

Coconut Creek, FL
“Very disappointed, poor food, poor service, high prices, too much noise”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a neighborhood restaurant in a strip mall with high prices up to about $50 for rack of lamb. As soon as we were seated, the noise level was high and conversation was difficult due to loud music from the bar and poor acoustics in the dining room. Appetizers were all expensive as were the entrees. The specials for the evening were in the range of $46 to $53. At these high prices, the expectation was also high. The portions were on the large side but the taste was institutional. Service was poor. Extra sauce was delivered as requested, but was cold. Waiter attention was poor. Overall experience was poor. I have never submitted a restaurant review before this, but I was compelled to act in this instance because of the wide disparity between the cost and the value. We were a party of 7 and not one person had good food and a good experience. We will never return.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Snowbird781
Coral Springs, Florida
“Expensive! Somewhat inconsistent food and service for the price range...”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Been there many times. Generally the food and service are excellent. But very expensive so ask prices of specials. Don't be surprised... I wish they were more consistent for the premium price structure. When they are on the food and service is truly 5 stars. When they are off you walk out with a $200 bill and feeling like an idiot. Personal experience is about 8 out of 10 on. I spend an average of $100 - $200 for dinner for 2. There are some items clearly over priced. But sometimes worth the stretch. Definitely recommend trying it yourself if you don't mind an expensive meal. Great lamb chops when cooked right! Calimari, baby artichoke hearts also highly recommended.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service but WAY OVERPRICED”
Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

The food has always been excellent, no complaints here ; however it seems to me that their good reviews are going to theirs heads because the prices are increasingly inflated. Dinner for two was $160 including 1 appetizer and 2 glasses of wine. Btw my entree was an appetizer which cost $45.. Four stuffed shrimp.. I'm sorry but the cost of this food is not worth a return visit

1 Thank rocknrollrph