“Fresh and delicious”
Review of The Whale Raw Bar & Fish House - CLOSED

The Whale Raw Bar & Fish House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Whale Raw Bar is located in the Waterway Shoppes of Parkland. We offer a full raw bar menu, along with soups, salads, sandwiches and fresh seafood entrees. Some of our signature items that customers return for each time includes the Fried Mahi Rueben, Award Winning Maine Lobster Roll, and our selection of Fajitas. Specialty items such as Steamed or Fried Ipswich Clams are served here, along with our popular selection of fresh Seafood entrees. The Whale Raw Bar offers a full liquor bar, along with a large selection of wines and beers. Our full children's menu will keep all family members happy.
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had the blackened dolphin Ruben and the peel and eat shrimp - everything was fresh and very tasty. We tried the seafood appetizer with the bacon and peppers...it was good but a little pricey. We will definitely be going back for the dolphin ruben! We recommend it!

1  Thank Rachel C
There are newer reviews for The Whale Raw Bar & Fish House

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice atmosphere and very nice people who work here, but it is clear there is no management. My pick two meal took about 45 mins, two other patrons left while I was waiting. This was during lunch hour at about 12:30 pm. My server at the bar was doing her best to remedy the situation. She made it right and comp'd my meal at 50%. She is an asset to the place

Even though it was the right thing to do, if you do that often enough you will be out of business.

The management should stop trying to attract new business if they can't serve the ones they have.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to the Whale for the first time yesterday. We had a trvelzoo voucher that included dinner for four and two bottles of wine. There were total price limitations on the vouchers (entrees no more than $20 each and two bottles of wine up to $35 each). The wine list is extremely limited and the only decent wine we found was $36. We asked our waitress what happened in a case like that, and she explained that we would just have to pay the difference. We found that to be perfectly acceptable and proceeded to order our wine. When we went to order the second bottle,our waitress indicated that she had made a mistake and that the option of paying the difference was no longer available. By then it wasn't right to change the wine for a cheaper bottle. I have to say that our waitress, Andrea,did everything to try to honor the same deal but her manager did not allow it. We asked to talk to the manager, and she absolutely refused (even with an attitude). More than just having the wine, to me it comes down to a matter of principle, professionalism, and customer service and satisfaction. We're talking about a dollar difference. It wasn't even like we ordered the most expensive entrees. The fact is that there isn't much to choose to begin with. Either way, my point is that the manager is willing to lose a customer and get a bad review for something so ridiculous. Specially when it was obviously something they offered in the recent past. I can't imagine how someone in the service industry would behave in that manner.
Instead of opening the opportunity to gain new customers, she lost four customers and any others we could have recommended.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Each time I visit there is new staff poorly trained. Recently, the "bartender" could not make a bloody Mary. Forgot garnishes! Then tried to charge us for additional drinks! When we told her, she said "oh, that's right". Really, obvious she tries this often. Food is very average. I need to give up on this place. I've been frequenting for at least five years and nothing improves. Staff just keeps getting worse.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I met a friend at The Whale for dinner the other night. She had never been there and this was my 2nd time there. The menu is still very limited and the food was somewhere between average and below average. The only thing that was a true plus, was the service. The service was right on, unfortunately the food wasn't. The Mahi Mahi tacos were a soggy mess. The black beans and rice that came with it were tasty. The Mahi Mahi sliders were good, thanks to the fresh potato rolls they were served on and the heaping loads of the honey mustard sauce, since the sandwiches were dry. The sparce amount of sweet potato fries (maybe 15-18 small ones) served with the sliders almost beckoned me to ask the waiter if something had gone wrong, but I chose to ignore it and figure we won't be going back anytime soon.