“Delish!”
Review of Eat My Pasty

Eat My Pasty
Description: We are a traditional English shop and proudly serve 15 flavors of pasties, fish & chips, gourmet burgers & sandwiches. We also serve beer & wine, and have unique desserts.
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Fish and Chips served the British way and they're SOOO GOOD! Hand cut French fries, perfectly breaded haddock and Leroy Hill iced tea -- what more could you ask for? Although the British owner says he's more accustomed to hot tea than iced, they certainly serve the right brand of tea but it could be steeped a little longer so it's a little stronger.
They also have wonderful looking pasties and I can't wait to try them but I was craving some good fish and chips when we went this time and with the very generous portions, there was no room for anything else.
Lines out the door when we were there but service was very quick and personable with tables changing quickly, evidently many others have found this special place for a good bite to eat.
Yes! You should try it!

Jeff T, Owner at Eat My Pasty, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2016

Thanks for the review Marty, the leroy tea is a one step operation we just put in the bag and hit a brew button next time the rep is in ill ask if it can be made a little stronger............... you ruffians are drinking tea all wrong but ill try and improve it for you lol

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed February 27, 2016

We visited on a Thursday night which wasn't too busy. That was fine with us. As it was our first visit, we needed time to really look over the menu. All of us in our party except for one, went with the fish and chips. Our other member opted for a pasty with chips. It was all delicious. The cod was done just right and the portions generous. We had planned on trying a dessert pasty before we left, but we were all too full. Maybe next time. I was thrilled to find HP sauce on the table. We first tried it in Oxford a few years ago and love the stuff. There were a fair number of people in and out for take out (or take away as they say in the UK), By the time we left, we were the only customers there and had an opportunity to chat with the owner who was taking a little break. He was a pleasure to chat with about food and England. Spring break starts soon and I know they will be packed for the next several weeks. But after the breakers leave, we plan on returning. This time I think I will try a pasty.

Jeff T, Owner at Eat My Pasty, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2016

thanks for the review look forward to seeing you again! don't forget we sell our pasties frozen too so you can stock up for those times you don't want to go out!

Reviewed February 27, 2016

This is an English type fish and chip shop that also serves pasties. Pasties is a dough filled pie with such items as any veg or meat combo. Some dessert pasties offered. I make my own so did not try theirs. Hubby and I ordered fish & chips. I asked for my chips to be crispy as I do not like pasty fries. I must say I was impressed with the fish. It was excellent with a delicious batter that was flaky and creamy tasting. Fish was also good. Haddock me, Cod hubby. The chips on the other hand were not crispy need I say more. I did take them home and will refry them up for breakfast this should make them edible for me. So nothing lost! Yes we will be back for the fish. Nice small cozy place. Lot's of staff. Order at the counter and they bring the food to you at the table.

thanks for the review...........crispy fries are a personal taste next time your in just let me know if they are not crispy enough i just hate to send out something that looks overdone!once i know how far i need to go to keep you happy ill remember when you visit

Reviewed February 24, 2016

The cod and haddock are top choices when it comes to fish and chips. Atmosphere is perfect. Great family owned business.

Jeff T, Owner at Eat My Pasty, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2016

appreciate the review shelli see you next time!

Reviewed February 24, 2016

As an experienced Pasty eater in Cornwall, England, I can say these were excellent. Very nice pastry. Ordered a Cornish and a Thai which was especially delicious. Staff very friendly in a welcoming environment. Will go back soon.

thanks for taking the time to review see you soon!