“Peace & Quiet but Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of St Thomas Square

and 1 more site!
St Thomas Square
Atlanta, Georgia
“Peace & Quiet but Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here 3 out of 7 times I have vacationed in PCB. Friendly & courteous management staff. Decor is okay but I will say the place is always clean. It is my fav out of all the places I stayed here because of the distance from most of the noise. Walking distance to the beach, souvernir shops and restaurants. 4 minutes from Walmart. They now have coffee shop in Square that opens at 6am. Great for the price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank QueenVal812

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is my favorite place to stay when down in PCB fishing. The main reason I enjoy it is they have a public dock where I can keep my boat for the week. They do however charge a $25 fee if you bring your boat but I consider that a bargain to dock your boat for the week. It mainly covers the electric and water out on the dock. They also have a fish cleaning station out on the dock.The pool is always clean. I saw a few complaints about the fees, just FYI they no longer have the $10 parking fee and I have never had to pay a pool fee in the 6 years I have been staying here. There are not many rentals on the lagoon. I love that I can wake up, walk out to the boat and be in the Gulf fishing within 30 minutes. Then sit on the balcony overlooking the lagoon and my boat at the dock. There are 4 units I have stayed in the past but for the last 3 years I have been staying in this unit that is listed on tripadvisor. There are also plenty of units for rent on VRBO.com. http://www.flipkey.com/panama-city-beach-condo-rentals/p265044/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joe M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Our room was small but we spend our time on the beach so it was perfect. We stayed in a studio and it had a small kitchen area about what would be in a camper but it was great. Very clean and might could freeze you out the ac worked so well. I will definitely stay here next year especially for the price and great location!! The only thing I did not like was the elevators aren't air conditioned and a little slow. We took the stairs down and the elevator up. But overall it's not fancy but great for your money.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Melanieyearwood
DOTHAN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in a condo on this property, #214. The condo was clean except for the carpet needed cleaning, but was older and needed updating.Everything worked fine. As stated on other reviews we were not told of extra fees until we checked in such as parking, pool, and cleaning fees (booked through expedia) but that was just the beginning. The problem we had was other guests/residents?? at the property. The first night it was just noise outside at about midnight. The 2nd night there was an all out fight/argument with vulger cursing between a man and woman right outside our window. Apparently the female threw him out after which the man screeched away in his vehicle this started at 3 am and finally was over about 5 am but by then I was wide awake. Front desk was very nice about it but we expected a family friendly environment....thank goodness the kids were asleep upstairs and didnt hear. We have stayed at other condos before but never have had these kinds of problems. We probably wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank wlsmith
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

A large group stayed for the fall bike week in Panama City Beach. The condo was moderately clean. No bugs or whatnot. The condo was quite shabby and run down and in need of major upgrades and renovations. However,mitt was reasonably clean.

My biggest complaint was all of the fees. There was a $5 fee per vehicle per day to park your vehicle in their parking lot. I found this to be ridiculous. Then there was a large fee (it was either $30 or $60, can't remember) non refundable cleaning fee PER DAY. This fee, despite the face that we had NO housekeeping during the two days we were there. Never saw a housekeeper once. No swapping out towels either. Upon checkout, you are required to do most of the cleaning yourself, to include carrying your thrash to the dumpster, or you will be charged another fee, on top of your cleaning fee. If you aren't out exactly by 10, another $100 fee. There is also a $10 fee to use the pool. The walls are also paper thin so be prepared to listen to your neighbors movements at all hours.

I booked this condo through Expedia for a great rate. My initial rate was nearly doubled by the undisclosed fees. All in all, it was quite a rip off. You can do much better at one of the local hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
11 Thank Lmsampson
shbrock, Manager at St Thomas Square, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
The are three additional fees that are required for each reservation. They are a departure cleaning fee, parking fee and damage insurance. The cost varies by room size. These fees are disclosed online in the property description and also listed with the room descriptions. We do advise caution when booking through a third party booking company. Often they are the ones that do not disclose these fees. If there is ever a question, please call us directly.
Millbrook, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stay at the Inn from July 31 till August 3rd.They gave us room 1210A was supposed to be a King but got a Queen to me look like a full..The Stove one Knob was tore up didn't work,The Ice maker never produce 1 piece of Ice.The faucet at the Kitchen sink didn't work Had to go to the bath room to get water to make coffee.The windows was dirty could not see out..But the Air Condition work great.and the rest of the Condo was nice.PS.They give you only one roll toliet paper.Will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lucy30703

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is my second stay here this year. My wife and I rented a one-bedroom unit in April and in June we went for a 2 bedroom on the lagoon since we brought our teenage kids. The units are in a great location for boaters. Free dock and slips and a fish cleaning station to clean your catch. The unts are very reasonable price wise comapared to other locatins.

Our one bedroom unit in April was spotless and an easy walk to our boat at the dock. The 2 bedroom in June was a little tired looking after years of rentals but still clean and worked just fine. My only complaint both times would be the $10 parking fee, not sure why they do this. Second is the electricity at the dock which seems to be a constant problem both visits. Maintenence responds quickly, resets the breaker and a few minutes later it trips again. They need to fix it this problem. There were other repeat renters docked at the complex who mentioned this continues to be an issue each stay.

Overall, if your not hung up on an ocean view, it is only a short walk to the beach 2 blocks away and you can opt for a great view of the lagoon. Great for boat owners. Can't beat it for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family