“If you want HONESTY, read this!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
houston
“If you want HONESTY, read this!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

PROS: Service from Staff. Everyone is friendly, security is noticed but not overwhleming. I had issues with my room and was given another one with apologies from the manager without any fuss. Grounds are nice. Multiple pools, a hot tub, a kids splash area for smaller kids and toddlers, access to the beach, poolside food/refreshments, an interactive poolside DJ and staff, a convenience store on the property(much like items you would find in a gas station, plus beach items). There is a separate area for smokers(THANK GOD)! I do not smoke, and hate it when smokers are smoking in common areas and around children. Onsite restaurant(breakfast food was subpar at best though). However I was given free breakfast for my stay at no charge so It was fine. Lots of kids activities, even a kids night out program that only costs $10 (ages 5-12). Every room has some view of the ocean or pool area. Basically, the outside of the hotel is nice and is resort-like quality.

CONS: THE ROOMS!!! IN SERIOUS NEED OF RENOVATING! Where do I start...Upon entry in a double queen room, there is a sink on one side and a full bathroom on the other. This is actually a plus for families. If someone is taking a shower, someone else can still brush teeth, put on makeup etc. The inside of the bathroom was disgusting(I have the pics to prove it). All around dirty floors. Rust everywhere. Peeling paint and floors, stained and rusted tubs. I made my entire family keep our shoes on the whole time, except for when in the bed. We even took showers with shower shoes on because the tub was that bad. I noticed housekeeping mopping the rooms, but was using the same bucket/water/mop for each room. Doesn't that just take the dirt and bacteria from each room and just keep spreading it??? Nasty. I had a crib in my room, and my infant son fell asleep eating his cookies. There were light Gerber Cookie stains on the pillow and sheets and housekeeping didn't even bother to change them. I'm pretty sure that they rarely change the sheets. I don't need my sheets changed everyday, but I do expect for you to at least check to see if they are still clean and presentable.

There is some type of bamboo type of furniture inside. Dresser that was dirty inside, dusty and showed its age well. The headboards to the bed were stained as well. There is a rug in each room under the beds. All 3 rooms I was in had dirty, stained rugs. The walls are painted with some stucco type paint and the room feels very closed in. Outside on the patio there is those cheap white plastic chairs that you can buy at Walmart for $3.99. Too bad for customers of size or pain issues.

BOTTOM LINE: This place could really be awesome for families if they would just renovate the rooms to a good standard. The rooms are a 2.5 star at best. It's like, inside of the rooms is Motel 6 standards(2 star) and outside of the rooms is 3.5-4 star resort like standards. When securing my reservation over the phone, I talked to Carol or Carolyn who is an on-site reservation agent. I asked her if I could get a room that had been recently renovated, because the hotel had posted on this site several times that they would be renovating the rooms. Well Carol said not to worry. That ALL the rooms in the hotel were recently renovated last year and ALL rooms had similiar furnishings. She even gushed to me that I was getting a great room on the 4th floor that was center to the hotel and a great view. Rm 405. I felt lucky!! WRONG!! I communicated my issues(which included ants in the bathroom around the rusted toliet) to the manager who changed my room to the 8th floor. The room was a tad cleaner. It smelled of pine-sol which means the maids came and did a once-over before the manager gave me my key.

I'm DEFINITELY sure that unless the rooms are cleaned and renovated, that I will never come back here or recommend it. Such a shame too since this hotel does have a lot to offer and my family didn't even get to experience even half of it since we were uncomfortable and ready to leave....

Room Tip: Worth it to pay for a higher floor if you don't want to hear the pool noise. Ask to look at your...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank razin3kids
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear razin3kids,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the nice feedback about the staff. This encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. On the other hand, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced over the room and bathroom conditions. kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is by far the most friendliest and best customer service place I have EVER stayed at. The staff here go above and beyond to make your stay the best. Form Chrisha at the front desk who took extremely great care of me and my family with anything we needed at any time to Shelly the pool atandant and even Minor one of the security employees. They really are passionate about their jobs and the resort. We will definitely come back!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

All employees made the stay exceptional! Drinks at the Tiki Bar was great! Music played by the pool made laying out in the sun enjoyable. I have to agree with Ann P it is like a cruise ship on land! The drivers that took us back and forth to the parking deck were nice and professional! I would definely recommend this Resort and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loriane O
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities and entertainment our resort has to offer as well as the service our Resort Team Members provide! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Red Wing, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The breakfast buffet was a delicious way to begin the day. Carly and Julia were polite, welcoming, and prompt. On the pool deck, DJ Jim played music that made everybody happy. The sand was white and the beach and and seashore were clean. Everybody at this hotel, guests and staff, had smiles on their faces and were happy. The hotel rooms were clean, spacious, had large white fluffy towels, and extremely comfortable beds. Victoria at the front desk was always helpful and pleasant. David McDowell, the assistant general manager, was available, professional, and very efficient. The staff cares about their guests. In the entry, complimentary sweet tea and refreshing lemon water are provided. Complimentary muffins and sweet breads are offered in the mornings. Ice cold water is offered in the pool area before going out onto the beach. There are many security guards at the Holiday Inn who add to the positive resort experience. The complimentary magic show is fun for all ages. The Todd Allen Herendeen show was very entertaining with great music and fun. Kimmie and CJ were friendly, welcoming, and respectful along with being excellent servers at the Sunset Lounge where I had dinner a couple of times. Dinner was delicious! I had an amazing beach resort vacation here. The majority of the guests are repeat customers and I will happily be joining them! The friendly people, the excellent beach location, and the comfortable rooms encourage me to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2013

Lagrange ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived earlier than we thought and they had a room ready for us at 9am. with all the check outs ona monday morning they got us in our room right a way.Front desk was on their game. Sorry i forgot young lady who checked us inn she was great. I would also love to give James L a 10 on service he took great care uf us helping us get our bags to room and getting us settled in. I also like to say thank you to the asst. manager Nelson Matos

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank James P
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our resort has to offer as well as the service our Resort Team Members provide! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Hartselle, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My best friend and I came to this resort for some girl time and we weren't disappointed! What a great resort-the reviews were right - it is like a cruise ship on land! Great pools, enjoyed karaoke, movies by the pool, great dj by the pool and the Polynesian fire dance was not to be missed! Lots of variety of activities and even though the hotel was full we never had a problem finding chairs by the pool. The staff were very friendly and the drivers that took us back and forth to our cars were all friendly and helpful with information for any questions we had for them. The only negative comment is that when we asked about my daughter in law bringing over the grand baby to join us at the pool for the day we were told it was not allowed-guests only at the resort. They are very strict on security- you have to wear a wrist bracelet at all times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann P
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities and entertainment our resort has to offer as well as the service our Resort Team Members provide! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Cullman, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I must say this was one of the best experiences I have had. The staff at the Holiday Inn Resort are amazing. Nelson is a great manager Tom and Sally were wonderful so if you go you have to meet these amazing people. Also rooms were clean and the amenities were exceptional!!!!!
I will definitely be going back!!!!!

2 Thank Brandy C
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed the service our Resort Team Members provide! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!