PROS: Service from Staff. Everyone is friendly, security is noticed but not overwhleming. I had issues with my room and was given another one with apologies from the manager without any fuss. Grounds are nice. Multiple pools, a hot tub, a kids splash area for smaller kids and toddlers, access to the beach, poolside food/refreshments, an interactive poolside DJ and staff, a convenience store on the property(much like items you would find in a gas station, plus beach items). There is a separate area for smokers(THANK GOD)! I do not smoke, and hate it when smokers are smoking in common areas and around children. Onsite restaurant(breakfast food was subpar at best though). However I was given free breakfast for my stay at no charge so It was fine. Lots of kids activities, even a kids night out program that only costs $10 (ages 5-12). Every room has some view of the ocean or pool area. Basically, the outside of the hotel is nice and is resort-like quality.
CONS: THE ROOMS!!! IN SERIOUS NEED OF RENOVATING! Where do I start...Upon entry in a double queen room, there is a sink on one side and a full bathroom on the other. This is actually a plus for families. If someone is taking a shower, someone else can still brush teeth, put on makeup etc. The inside of the bathroom was disgusting(I have the pics to prove it). All around dirty floors. Rust everywhere. Peeling paint and floors, stained and rusted tubs. I made my entire family keep our shoes on the whole time, except for when in the bed. We even took showers with shower shoes on because the tub was that bad. I noticed housekeeping mopping the rooms, but was using the same bucket/water/mop for each room. Doesn't that just take the dirt and bacteria from each room and just keep spreading it??? Nasty. I had a crib in my room, and my infant son fell asleep eating his cookies. There were light Gerber Cookie stains on the pillow and sheets and housekeeping didn't even bother to change them. I'm pretty sure that they rarely change the sheets. I don't need my sheets changed everyday, but I do expect for you to at least check to see if they are still clean and presentable.
There is some type of bamboo type of furniture inside. Dresser that was dirty inside, dusty and showed its age well. The headboards to the bed were stained as well. There is a rug in each room under the beds. All 3 rooms I was in had dirty, stained rugs. The walls are painted with some stucco type paint and the room feels very closed in. Outside on the patio there is those cheap white plastic chairs that you can buy at Walmart for $3.99. Too bad for customers of size or pain issues.
BOTTOM LINE: This place could really be awesome for families if they would just renovate the rooms to a good standard. The rooms are a 2.5 star at best. It's like, inside of the rooms is Motel 6 standards(2 star) and outside of the rooms is 3.5-4 star resort like standards. When securing my reservation over the phone, I talked to Carol or Carolyn who is an on-site reservation agent. I asked her if I could get a room that had been recently renovated, because the hotel had posted on this site several times that they would be renovating the rooms. Well Carol said not to worry. That ALL the rooms in the hotel were recently renovated last year and ALL rooms had similiar furnishings. She even gushed to me that I was getting a great room on the 4th floor that was center to the hotel and a great view. Rm 405. I felt lucky!! WRONG!! I communicated my issues(which included ants in the bathroom around the rusted toliet) to the manager who changed my room to the 8th floor. The room was a tad cleaner. It smelled of pine-sol which means the maids came and did a once-over before the manager gave me my key.
I'm DEFINITELY sure that unless the rooms are cleaned and renovated, that I will never come back here or recommend it. Such a shame too since this hotel does have a lot to offer and my family didn't even get to experience even half of it since we were uncomfortable and ready to leave....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The full service Holiday Inn Resort® on the sugar white sands of Panama City Beach offers gulf front rooms, lush tropical gardens, a variety of dining options, outstanding entertainment, and superior service; all of which add up to the perfect destination vacation! With our resort's unique combination of location, activities and amenities guests have everything they need for a great beach vacation right onsite! Our pool deck features a lagoon style pool with a cascading waterfall, fountain pool, over-sized hot tubs, spacious new SeaGlass Bar & Grill, seasonal entertainment, free kids' activities, and a water playground. While guests will find they can park their car and never leave, we're centrally located, just minutes from Pier Park Mall and other great attractions. Combine business with pleasure when you take advantage of the most inspirational meeting space on the gulf coast. Our hotel's beachfront conference center energizes corporate retreats, meetings and social events. Whether you're searching for the perfect family vacation, a romantic getaway or a unique business meeting facility on the gulf, our hotel's friendly staff redefines hospitality by ensuring your stay exceeds your expectations. From beachfront rooms with over-sized balconies to fast and free Wi-Fi access, guests have everything they want at their fingertips. You'll see why we're the preferred Florida gulf coast hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Holiday Inn Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Holiday Inn