“One night stand, but will be back”

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Lexington, Kentucky
“One night stand, but will be back”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Traveled to Panama City one day early and didn't have a reservation for the night. Called at 10:00 p.m. For arrival in 45 minutes. They had a room! Check in was great, courteous staff, they gave us the suite, which was very nice! And late check out since our we could not check into our condo we had rented for the week until 4:00. We were able to enjoy the beach and Tiki bar before departure. We didn't want to leave for our original reservation-but now we know where to book next time we go to P.C. Everyone was very nice and the amenities we used were great.

Room Tip: Get the Mingo Suite if you are a couple.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

just wanted to rave on your hotel/resort! My family was there the last week of April for our spring break! This was by far the best experience that I have had ever at a hotel/resort! First I would like to commend the OceanFront Day Spa ( I think that was the name of it). Devon was exceptional professional with me! I ended up talking with her for almost over an hour about the field of aesthetics and that I am currently a student in Alabama. She was so nice and even gave me a free facial afterwards! I made an appt for a pedicure later that evening with Samantha as well. I seriously felt like I knew her my whole life! She was able to relate to me on a very personal level as a single mother and that alone made me feel so special! She was very personable and easy to talk to! These two women made feel so at ease and relaxed that I could not stop talking about them my whole trip! Samantha even gave me a hug when I left! Devon offered to go over the products t hat I was using for my self with me the next day too! However I was unable to come up there again.. (Spring break activities) But I will definitely be talking about yall for a while! Not to mention the Polynesian Fire dancer and hula girls! That show was amazing! I loved the fact that there were several activities for kids of all ages since I have a 4 year old daughter and 12 year old step brother that enjoyed the movies, pizza and magic show that were offered! I almost for the kids water park too! and the staff took pictures for us that we would have never thought about! So Thank you so much for making my personal experience one of the best that I have ever had! Ya'll were wonderful and keep up the great work! :)

Room Tip: all the room have a beach front view. I would suggest that you rent on the 3rd level or higher. Ther...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah S
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide excellent guest service and an wonderful vacation experience for all ages and it's great to hear feedback that we are meeting our goals! I will pass your comments along to the GM and owners of our resort, as well as share them with our Resort Team Members and Ocean Front Day Spa Team. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Lake Grove, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hot tub, large pool, plenty of beach with a great view close to all pcb attractions. Staff was couteous and helpful. Rooms were a little dated but spacious and clean. Great for families or singles or a romantic getaway

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad you enjoy your stay again with us this year! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our pool deck! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our 4th stay at the Holiday Inn Resort. We were pleasantly surprised at the improvements to the room. From the floor to the bedding and furniture, it was all better than before. The pool area also had a facelift. It was nice to be able to see the poolside entertainment from our balcony.

Room Tip: Above the 5th floor so you can see the beach/Gulf over the trees.
1 Thank cayers001
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad you enjoy your stay again with us this year! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the resort, from the room to the poolside entertainment, down to the location on the sugar white sandy beaches. We’re so excited that you enjoyed the enhancements we’ve made to the pools this winter! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Panama City Beach this past weekend for my sister's graduation. We had three different rooms among the group on different floors. I had not realized that it was also Bike Week that weekend until we got there and saw all the bikes. This obviously meant that the hotel was likely busier than usual, but we did not notice any effect on the quality of service. From the friendly front desk staff to the bar staff everyone was great. The rooms were clean and I appreciated that the floors were wood laminate as I never trust the cleanliness of carpet. One of the rooms was the type with four bunk beds and a queen bed. The queen bed had a direct view of the beach and all of our rooms had balconies overlooking the pool and beach. The hotel is perfectly located for beach goers. The pool was salt water and the jacuzzi was nicely situated. There was a good supply of clean pool towels right by the door. This isn't the most luxurious hotel that I have ever stayed at, but this was a great experience and I think being able to watch the dolphins from the balcony at dusk just added to it. I highly recommend it for anyone needing a place to stay in Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the pool and face the beach. Perhaps the lower floors might not be able to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad you enjoy your stay with us during the Spring Bike Rally – even if you weren’t here for bike week!! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel, rooms, service, pools, entertainment, and more! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a host of problems with this visit. I am a Platinum member of their priority club and somehow they didn't show me as a Platinum member. Somehow my reservation was tied to an information from a stay there many years ago. I booked 2 rooms for 1 night via the IHG website and used my CURRENT Priority club number but it was changed to some other number when I arrived. The biggest problem came when they preauthorized almost $1100 to my credit card for 1 nights stay for 2 rooms with 2 people in each room. After much consultation and about 3 days time,they did finally get it worked out correctly . The other couple we purchased a room for had a problem with their air unit, it smelled very unpleasant when it ran. Outside near the pool, they ran a movies on a very large screen till very late into the night. The movie was very very loud and got no sleep until the movie was finally shut down about some time after 11 pm. If you came to the beach to drink and party through the night, this is probably the resort to come to, but if you want to have a nice couples retreat to the beach and spend a quiet evening overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, this is NOT the hotel to stay in. I love Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza hotels, and all the IHG hotels but for the IHG Brand, this hotel was a real let down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Devilstowerwy,

Thank you for your valuable insights. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. We are sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Thank you again for your feedback and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Platinum member.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
TN
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Second stay at this hotel - Thunder Beach Spring Rally, May 2013. Room looked somewhat upgraded from previous stay. Comfortable bed/pillows. Room attendants always left nice thank you notes when we left daily tips. Shuttle service from hotel to parking area was helpful. Enjoyed being able to see Front Beach Road on one side with Ocean Front balcony on the other. Ate at restaurant Saturday nite - all you can eat steak/crab legs. Good food and service. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed top floor
1 Thank tori5723
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the Spring Bike Rally! We did enhance our rooms recently with new Tommy-Bahama style furniture and we’re so glad you found the bedding to be comfortable as we also just upgraded our mattresses. It’s great to hear that you took advantage of the Crab Legs Special in The View here at the resort. ! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!