“Very nice property, amazing views, great service!”

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice property, amazing views, great service!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here overnight on a business trip. Convenient location 30 minutes from airport, all rooms have an ocean view. Very nice pool area, and wonderful beach. Fitness facility is the best I have seen in awhile, lots of equipment and 2 steam rooms! Rooms were generously sized with 2 separate sink areas. Sunset lounge was a decent place for a drink and an awesome place to watch the sunset!

Some rooms have separate areas for kids walled off with bunk beds and their own TV/Playstation for privacy. I know this because there was a noise issue from some early spring breakers, and I was immediately moved to a quieter part of the hotel, and was given a free breakfast for the inconvenience without even asking for it.

Parking across street was not a big deal as the shuttle cart was usually only a minute wait at most. However, it might be an issue when the hotel is more crowded.

All in all, a very pleasant experience, and would recommend to others to try for themselves.

Room Tip: Stay at least on the third floor or higher, as the ocean view is blocked on the first few floors by...
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mangs8
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed both our location and all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Our fitness center and SunSet Lounge both receive lots of compliments – especially from our guests visiting on business! We’re so glad we were able to make your time away from home a great experience! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2013

It is impossible to beat this location, view and amenities for the money. All the rooms have a breathtaking view of the ocean and beach.
The only thing that needs some attention is the bar (the Sunset Lounge) great spot - but needs a remodel and better bartenders.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LEILANE V
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed both our location and all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. I will mention your comments about the SunSet Lounge to the Management Team as we are always working on improving our resort. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Johns Creek, GA
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I shall strive to make this “review” objective in a manner that would have been especially helpful to me in planning our recent trip. Please understand that I’m speaking from the viewpoint of an experienced traveler, but we’re 76 years old, I with “heart failure” and “kidney failure” and, therefore, one who needs assistance with luggage, etc. We arrived in pouring rain (which was no fault of the hotel, I knew the forecast was for rain) only to find a traffic jam at the entrance and no covered parking beyond the immediate entrance to the hotel. When I made it to the reception desk, I ask about getting assistance with my luggage and the “clerk” coldly pointed to luggage carts for guests to use. I later learned that help “would have been” available with luggage IF she would have called security – but that suggestion/offer wasn’t made. I struggled to load the baggage for a week’s stay for two and, with my wife’s pushing, as I pulled, we finally got it to the room. Then, I had to move the car to the parking lot that is through a tunnel and well away from the hotel. After finding a parking place, as I had seen a golf-cart shuttling guests to and from in the rain, I waited until one approached and jumped out of my car and got a ride to the hotel. We had room 1203 with two queen beds, the mattress on one bed squeaked loudly but, otherwise, the room was adequate with a beautiful view from an extremely small balcony.

The overwhelming problem was the NOISE. Live music was blaring from one of the several entertainment areas. We knew to avoid “spring break” time in Panama City. It’s advertised to “begin in March”, however, we were stunned to learn that the hotel had attracted a throng of students from Canada that arrived on Feb 23rd for a week’s stay.

The “whooping and hollering”, especially from a large “hot pool” continued ‘til as late as
2:30 A.M. As we live in the Eastern time zone, our body clocks were at 3:30 and we had NO sleep. I phoned several times to complain and finally told “Virginia” on the front desk to note we would be checking out.

At 5:00 A.M. we determined, as we were going to be leaving, to go for a stroll on the beach. My walking is limited, so as my wife continued her stroll around the pools, I was approached by a security guard who greeted me politely and then engaged in friendly conversation. Of all the personnel with whom we had contact at the hotel, he was the most cordial, professional and HELPFUL. From him, (“Virgil”) I learned of the assistance that WOULD have been available if the curt check-in clerk had performed properly and he, together with his associate (“Gregg”), went to the trouble to insure we had the needed assistance with luggage when checking out. Another positive was the greeting, service and food at breakfast.

I had booked/pre-paid for our stay through Priceline.com. In checking out, another “clerk”, exhibiting no sense of warmth or understanding, found no indication that I had notified the desk that we would be leaving. I asked for a receipt and she said the hotel didn’t give a receipt for “third party bookings” I would have to contact them as no refunds were given for cancellations. I’ve contacted Priceline.com and explained that we checked out early for “cause” of the facilities not providing a comfortable environment in which we could get “normal” rest. I am promised they will respond with their answer within five business days.

The facilities appear to be excellent FOR A YOUNG FAMILY. However, if one is a “mature adult” who cherishes some “peace and quiet”, I suggest going only in an “off” time-period when the younger crowd is in school.

Sam Hale

Room Tip: Elevators are approached from outside walkway, so, if the weather is blustery, the trade-off for e...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sam H
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort. Our Management Team has read your review and we will be refreshing our Team Members on the importance of providing superior guest service. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope you’ll have a more enjoyable time on your next visit to Panama City Beach.
Kindly,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during the week of February 19th. We are two younger girls and have travelled to Florida before. Our room was on the twelfth floor, and I recommend that you get an upper floor room as the pool music and activities can get loud in both the mornings and afternoons. The rooms were very nicely decorated. I believe they have just recently redone them and it shows. I had previously heard that the beds were uncomfortable, however I am a very picky person when it comes to mattresses and I must say I found these beds very comfortable. They offer both soft and firm pillows you are able to chose in accordance to your preferences. The amenities are what really drew us to this hotel. The pool has just been reopened after an amazing upgrade. Both the smaller and larger pools are heated and are very nice even when the air is a bit cooler. The pool area is very nice as it is located amongst a garden of palm trees and plants. The beach is mere steps away from the pool and there are many showers located nearby to wash off sand. The beaches are pristine and were taken care of nightly. It is most definitely the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. The staff was very kind and attentive to any concerns we had. The front desk agents were very kind and apologetic when the hotel was undergoing water maintenance.

The area is also very nice, with restaurants such as Roy's, Firefly, Sweet Basils, Waffle House and Montego Bay in the shoppes across the road. There was also and assortment of fast food places nearby (walking distance) such as CiCi's Pizza, Subway, and Burger King. However, if you truly want to experience the many great restaurants in the area I suggest you rent a car because cabs are decently expensive. Pier Park is great and you should make sure to save an entire day if you are keen to shopping.

The negatives--- while not many there were a few: my friend works in hospitality and complained that the rooms were not up to cleanliness standards. Our sheets were slightly stained, as well as the toilet and bathtub were also dirty. The room appeared to have not been dusted in awhile as well. The corridor leading to the room is open to the outside so there was some mild flooding during the rain. It rained for 3 days of our trip and after each rain shower our room filled such a horrible smell. We could not even bare it. Also, the door was not sealed properly so there was quite a draft during the windier days.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back, minding the price was right.

Room Tip: Higher floor is suggested, we asked for a room away from the elevator but it was unneeded and made m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank aaalexx
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. They all have a balcony overlooking the Gulf with a great view. One drawback was to get to your room, you have to walk outside and it was quite cold and windy at that height. It was also not as well-kept out there as in the rooms. Parking was across a busy highway so you can either take their shuttle or walk through a tunnel. It worked all right but wasn't ideal. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Overall, it was a great experience. It was very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antiquetravelers
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort with us on TripAdvsior! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the views and the service that our hotel has to offer. We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!
illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotel room was really nice. Too close to the elevator though--ask for a room farther away.
Beautiful view of the ocean. Hotel desk reception very friendly. No continental breakfast but has a restaurant on site. very expensive though. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vixtravels2
Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the views and the service that our hotel has to offer. We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!