“Nice, clean hotel with a view”

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Lawrenceville, GA
“Nice, clean hotel with a view”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were hesitant staying at a hotel on the beach after hearing all the Spring break stories, but this was a clean hotel. A bit expensive for off season, but overall a nice hotel. One thing for sure, next time I'll bring my own pillows. The beds was a little worn and the pillows were too hard.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank koolmommeof2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear koolmommeof2,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our pillows. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
ft lauderdale fl
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just went there this weekend for their Romance package. We travel quite often and this will now be one of our favorite spots. The hotel pool area is fantastic. The bars were great and the service was also good! The view is amazing. We did receive 2 days of the free breakfast buffet and only used one day. The food was ok but maybe they will try and have a little better quality. Other than that this resort is fantastic! I have already told several of my friends and family about it and will be going back in a few months when it is warmer.

Room Tip: 8th floor or higher. Beds are not so comfortable.
4 Thank blondie7309
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your romantic weekend at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the pools and amenities around the resort! We appreciate you sharing your experience with your family and friends and are looking forward to your next visit in a few months! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I thought it was Holiday Inn that used to say people don't like unpleasant surprises--I guess this is why they dropped that slogan. We booked through a 3rd party and were supposed to be full-paid, but at checkin, were told there was an additional "resort fee" of $22 per day. HUH?? The girl said it was for cleaning and for the health center. Whatever. There is a "free" breakfast, but don't order from the menu. I ordered the huevos rancheros, and the kitchen was totally clueless. Shame on me for expecting a Marriott experience from a Holiday Inn.

1 Thank edbcpa
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. With any hotel, it’s always best to book directly as they can provide you with all the details and information you’ll need to be fully informed about your upcoming stay. The 3rd party intermediary sites simply cannot do as good of a job communicating details as they have never been to our resort and they have thousands and thousands of resorts listed that they have no real connection with. I will pass along your comments about the restaurant to the Restaurant Manager as that is not the level of service we expect at our resort. We hope you’re next visit to Panama City Beach will be more enjoyable for you.
Kindly,
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a REALLY GREAT place to stay. The PRICE was not what you would think for a on the BEACH RESORT. Great service and you dont even have to leave the property for food, drinks and a wonderful time. Restaurants, shops and attractions are witin walking distance.

Room Tip: if you are looking for a GREAT VIEW you want to get above the 7th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Stanley R
Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed so many of the amenities that our resort has to offer – as well as all that Panama City Beach has to offer! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Alaska
Reviewed February 14, 2013

All the rooms in the hotel are ocean front, which is nice. You could tell by the condition of the room that it has seen a lot of wear and tear from the spring break crowd. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff serviced it daily. We had to have maintence come and fix the toilet twice in 3 days. The handle for flushing the toilet fell off in my hand.....it was plastic. Who puts a plastic handle on a toilet that's going to see hundreds of flushes! The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a business center you won't find one. They have 2 computer stations in the lobby that you have to stand up to use. I had one major complaint and that was the addition of a dalily resort fee. They were doing major construction in the pool area and most things were pretty much shut down. I complained to customer care and they removed the daily fee.

Room Tip: When entering the rooms with a luggage trolley make sure the bathroom door is closed. The trolley w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AKMiner
Dear AKMiner,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and the room view.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the toilet condition and the renovation. We will look into this point. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mulberry, Indiana
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wow!!! What a great place to stay. When I made my reservation I requested an upper floor, we were given a room on the 14th floor. Great view of the Gulf and beautiful sunset.
The service was outstanding for check in (Suzanne) to the time we checked out. We meet several different managers of departments and the manager of the hotel. They bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable, with it was. We will go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an gulf view on a high floor.
3 Thank DonO70
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets we have here in Panama City Beach! We strive to provide superior service at our resort, we’re so glad that our Team Members were able to enhance your stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you and our daughter as our guests soon!

Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights here in October on business, and have meant to review this place long before this! However, reviews are good.

I got a beach-facing room (which I think they all are...but I wasn't expecting that). I'm from Canada and the beach in October is a treat!! The room is very "resort-y" which is certainly not a bad thing. But again, I wasn't expecting it. We checked in and got our bracelets for all-access. We were also treated to a Manager's meet and greet cocktail hour each night. The room was nice and clean with tile floors and rattan furniture. I had a nice big balcony and an incredible view of the Gulf. Service was good (they thought I had a funny accent; that amused me) and the food was reasonably priced. They did a lot of "free-pouring" with their cocktails which made it harder for us to work, but they know how to show you a good time!

The bed was comfortable, the cleanliness was great (I did however leave my do not disturb out, because I prefer privacy; I don't need my room made up/cleaned every day; and they entered anyway which bothered me.) the room size was more than sufficient. And the gorgeous view just trumped everything. Sunsets at night, moon-sets in the morning, the gentle rush of the waves; I slept with my patio door open... I had to!

I wished it had been a bit warmer so I could have utilized the pools and the beach, but it was right after Sandy so it was pretty chilly (this, coming from a Canadian, haha- but it's true!) It's a lovely resort. I hope to return there one day with my daughter for some girl time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ms_Independent08
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us – even though you were here for business! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities our resort has to offer; hopefully the weather will be more cooperative on your next visit so you can enjoy the rest of what our resort has to offer. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you and our daughter as our guests soon!