Let me start of by saying that I have stayed in Holiday Inn many times in the past. So here we go. My wife and I checked in to the Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach. We checked in on Feb 6, 2013, and checked out on Feb. 11, 2013. We had several things that went wrong between Wednesday the 6th, and Friday the 8th, and we were really upset because of these things. So we stopped a hotel worker in the hall and asked him for management. Well to our surprise it was the day shift manager named Steven, and we asked for some where we could talk in private, because we really didn't want to ruin the stay of other patrons there. We began to explain to him the things we had been having to deal with, and he said let me talk to some of the people who knew more about the situations and he would get back to us later on. We said OK and headed up to our room on the 14th floor, and really didn't think anything would be done about it. We arrived at our room and I poured me a soda and went out on the balcony to watch the waves, probably 5 minutes after I sat down out there, in walks Steven, kind of startled me. He first walks up and comps one nights stay at the Hotel (the most expensive night). Then he comp us some drinks and breakfasts. We were OK with all that and told him thank you for all he had done. So we thanked him and figured all that was taken care of and that was all that was to be said about it. WRONG! Every where we turned, and if Steven happened to be there, he came up to make sure that everything was OK, which was nice, but I also noticed that he would check on all of the patrons there and make sure they were OK. This was awesome. When we first arrived at the Hotel, we met a security guard named Tom, and he was the friendliest person I have ever met, joked with us the whole time we were there, and when we left, we went to say goodbye and ended up talking with him for about thirty minutes. We didn't know it but he had heard about our mishaps and had taken it upon himself to make sure that we had a great vacation. But don't get me wrong, he was friendly to us from the first minute. Thanks a million Security Guard Tom, you made our stay great.
We had breakfast every day but one in the Hotel, unfortunately my wife's breakfast was one of the problems, it wasn't a big problem, it was the one that broke the camel's back. It is the one that sent us to find Steven the manager. Anyways, we had a waitress named Kim, and we kind of blew her off because of my wife's meal. This waitress (Kim) felt so bad that when we were out on the patio at the snack bar and ordered and paid for our food, Kim came out and asked Joe, the chef, what our meal cost and tried to give us the money out of her own pocket for our meal at the snack bar. We told her no, of course, because it wasn't her fault, and told her that it wasn't her fault. From that day on, Kim would see us come in to eat, and every time but one made sure that she was our waitress, and the one time she wasn't, she kept coming to the table and checking on us and carrying on a conversation with us. She made such an impression on us that when the day came for us to leave, we were going to say goodbye to Kim and my wife decided to give her a hug and so did I. On this situation, if you are ever in the Holiday Inn Resort, Panama City Beach restaurant, ask for Kim as your waitress and tell her the Solomons sent you. You will not be unhappy with her service. Again thanks Kim, cant wait to see you again.
Last but not least, Joe is one of the Chefs around there. This young man is a very hard working young man. He works the restaurant, and snack bar. He is a hard worker, and even better than that, he makes sure that you are happy with the things he is involved with. You were great Joe, keep up the good work.
In finishing, we have stayed many places, and I will have to say that this has been probably the best place we have ever stayed at. Even though there were several mishaps at the beginning of our trip, it ended up being the greatest trip we have ever made. So please listen to me when I say that when you are planning a vacation, you can not go wrong when your choice is Holiday Inn Resort , Panama City Beach. Hope to see you all there one day.
Once again, I would like to thank Tom the security guard, Kim our gracious server, Joe our magnificent Chef. You all were very great at your job and with customer service. Finally, I really want to give a Great Big Thank You to Steven (manager). All I can say is YOU ROCK MAN. Thank you all, and cant wait to get back down there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The full service Holiday Inn Resort® on the sugar white sands of Panama City Beach offers gulf front rooms, lush tropical gardens, a variety of dining options, outstanding entertainment, and superior service; all of which add up to the perfect destination vacation! With our resort's unique combination of location, activities and amenities guests have everything they need for a great beach vacation right onsite! Our pool deck features a lagoon style pool with a cascading waterfall, fountain pool, over-sized hot tubs, spacious new SeaGlass Bar & Grill, seasonal entertainment, free kids' activities, and a water playground. While guests will find they can park their car and never leave, we're centrally located, just minutes from Pier Park Mall and other great attractions. Combine business with pleasure when you take advantage of the most inspirational meeting space on the gulf coast. Our hotel's beachfront conference center energizes corporate retreats, meetings and social events. Whether you're searching for the perfect family vacation, a romantic getaway or a unique business meeting facility on the gulf, our hotel's friendly staff redefines hospitality by ensuring your stay exceeds your expectations. From beachfront rooms with over-sized balconies to fast and free Wi-Fi access, guests have everything they want at their fingertips. You'll see why we're the preferred Florida gulf coast hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, IHG, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Holiday Inn Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Holiday Inn