“Perfect place for families with kids”

Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the resort for just one night but I think we could have stayed forever. Our room was on the 14th floor almost in the middle and the view was spectacular. We were high enough not to hear so much of the noise around the pool. We have 2 children aged 6 and 5 who are normally hard to handle in a hotel, but they were so entertained while we were there that I could actually relax. The kid pool area was wonderful, I just had to sit and watch them play with the other kids. The hot tub area was full of kids who would get too chilled and would need to warm up but I guess most of the adults had little ones so no one complained! On Saturday night we watched the dancers and then enjoyed an outdoor showing of Puss N Boots with free popcorn. The outdoor grill was just what kids love and we also bought pizza (cash only) froma another hut. Pepsi is the drink they serve (yick!) but I did find the hut behind the grill had Coke. The beach is beautiful there but Holiday Inn has nothing to do with that, the whole area is nice. The weather was great so we barely even went in the room. The room was comfortable. There was a full size fridge and microwave that would come in handy if you stayed a while. I had a little cooler with me (for the beach) and no one ever said I couldn't have it in the pool area. I saw where some people complained about the noisy air conditioner but ours was fine. Kids do eat free but only with the purchase of an adult meal. The breakfast bar is not worth the money but since my kids ate free I did it anyway. Just the basic eggs and bacon, nothing special for $16. Overall it was a really good time and we will go back.

Room Tip: Go above the 8th floor for the best view. All rooms are gulf front but too low and you would see po...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear you were able to take advantage of the amenities, activities, and entertainment we offer! Dive-Inn Movies are one of our most popular activities; the whole family enjoys watching movies on the pool deck while swimming! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you as our guests again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had not stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort for a number of years (since it was the Sunspree) so I was quite surprised at how attentive, friendly, and helpful all of the staff were. However, "tip of the hat" goes to Steve in beach services who calmly and professionally resolved an issue we had with our beach chair rental. Well done, Steve! Additionally, i called the front desk with 2 minor plumbing issues in the bathroom and maintenance was knocking on my door within 10 minutes. Outstanding. Seeing as the place probably gets a workout during Spring Break, the rooms and facilities were clean and everthing was in good working order. Lastly, the grilled Mahi-Mahi sandwiches at the pool-side grill were very good. Even the fries came out hot. Overall, a very positive experience and we would definitely stay there again (off-season is best). Also, be advised, as some other had noted, there is a resort fee. Nonetheless, kudos to the staff for an exceptional job.

Room Tip: If you want to see the beautiful sunsets over the Gulf, try to get a low-numbered room (less than XX...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that our resort team was able to provide the superior service during your stay, especially our Beach Attendant Steve! I will make sure that our General Manager is aware of the outstanding job he is doing. We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Staff, Room was nice, lots of security. Had to park across the street but shuttle service was always available. I was impressed with the kid-friendly atmosphere. Nice kids waterpark and pool. I had a unexpected surprise that a kids movie (Alvin and chipmunks) was being shown after dark next to the pool for the kids.Great idea! The only negative for the whole trip to me was that the beach chairs and umbrella that is normally complimentary at most of the condominiums cost me $40.00 for the day. IN 30 years of going to the gulf coast this is the most I've ever paid.I also paid the resort fee that I wasn't real happy with...$20.00 a day. I wasn't sure if i'd have to pay this if I'd booked through Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: All good rooms facing the ocean! 14th Floor elevator motor control room was noisy sometimes.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities and entertainment we offer at our resort! The resort fee that you mentioned covers the poolside entertainment, evening entertainment, Manager’s Receptions, and more; Please feel free to email us at info@paradisefound.com if you have any further questions about the resort fee. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Director of Housekeeping as well as to the head of Maintenance so they can address these issues with their teams. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort, we hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Kindly,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First of all let me say, as a single mom, I am always trying to get the best for my money.. This place was definitely worth every cent I spent. Everyone was so friendly from reservations to check out. My 4 year old stayed entertained the entire time between the gorgeous pool and awesome water park. Definitely a place for children and family friendly. I have now found our new favorite family vacation place. I read reviews where some other people weren't satisfied but all those horror stories seem fictious to me after going there and experiencing it first hand. If there was any advice I could give... I guess I would have say that the food is a little pricey but it is a resort and your on vacation so its kind of expected. Take snacks and drinks for the kids, our room had a large refridgerator so it was simple to run to Wal-mart and have things in the room for the kids. NO free breakfast and the buffet is expensive so also plan for that too. Can't wait til next season!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 14th floor.. There is music and activities that go on kind of late so if you have k...
1  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday Sept. 8 and left Sept. 15th. Room was on the 7th floor - it was quite for the most part (one neighbor got pretty rowdy one evening). Room was very large, had a full sized refrigerator (with an ice maker!) and a microwave in the room. Plenty of clothes storage space. Room was clean, cleaning crew did a good job each day. Didn't eat at the restaurant but did have a couple things from the tikihut restaurant outside. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful - even met the manager. Lots of security around the place (friendly also). They keep the pool area clean and tidy. Was a great time to go - not too crowded. The view of the ocean is wonderful, the beach is great. As I said above - I'd go back anytime :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that our resort team was able to provide the superior service during your stay! The full size refrigerator and microwave are very important to many of our guests, it’s great to hear that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities our rooms offer! We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good - Smiling faces, good entertainment, good facilities, free sweet tea/lemonde etc all over the property
Bad :
1. Upon check in they asked me to pay $75 "resort fee" for wifi and parking. I told them that the website i booked from, said it was included. They admitted it said that, but there was supposedly a fine print i didnt read
2. Our room was nice, but the floors were FILTHY! Like they were never mopped. We had to request room service to come clean them, and even then they looked dirty. We tiptoed all over the room the whole time
3. The AC in our room was LOUD- like a plan taking off everytime it went off and on.
The above 3 are the only reason why I gave it 3 starts. Other than that, we were pleased. Free watermelon and punch every afternoon, grounds were maintained etc etc.

Room Tip: check and double check if booking from 3rd party websites. There is a $75 resort fee in addition to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Boo D

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer at our resort and that our Resort Team greeted you with a smile! We are very fortunate to have such a genuine and friendly team! The resort fee that you mentioned actually covers the poolside entertainment, evening entertainment, Manager’s Receptions, the shuttle from the parking lot, and more; Please feel free to email us at info@paradisefound.com if you have any further questions about the resort fee.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I only stayed here one night, on September 6, 2012, but I would come back here in a minute and spend an entire week if I could. The hotel is right on the beach, and every room faces the Gulf with its own private balcony. The view from the balcony is peaceful and relaxing; you hear the waves crashing against the sand, and you see the large hotel pool, two hot tubs, and a hotel bar which faces the Gulf of Mexico from a three story structure which is separate from the hotel. My only complaint concerns the incessant croaking of what I was told was a tree frog the entire time I was soaking in the hot tub, which was just before it closed at midnight. I also stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach in Destin on this same trip, and the hotel in Panama City Beach is head and shoulders over the one in Destin.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Gulf of Mexico, so the higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with our resort on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear that our resort team was able to provide the superior service during your stay! Thank you for the compliment to the Panama City Beach Holiday Inn Resort over others in the Panhandle! We hope to have you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.