“Another fun trip!”

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Montgomery, Alabama
“Another fun trip!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Returned to the resort for a second year. We plan to make it an annual trip! Our two boys love the pool & Aqualand. (Be careful - there is a yellow circle at Aqualand that is VERY slippery. We saw at least a dozen kids slip & fall on this. No running & they will be fine.) Great activities for kids - great staff. We really enjoy DJ Jim & the Polynesian Dance show. Poolside movies are fun! We were really impressed with the security presence. We were waiting on our food at the grill one night. They were not busy. Service was extremely slow & a security member (Virgil) noticed this. He inquired about our wait & returned later with a voucher for free breakfast for my family of 4. We were so impressed that he noticed & took the extra time to make it right. Thanks so much! Lots of food/snack options available. The pizza is a great addition - delicious! Room was nice. We did have an issue with the air conditioner in Room 1416. Our room was icy cold on the first night, but barely cool for the rest of our stay. We called the front desk three separate times. They sent someone to work on the A/C each time, but never got it working. My husband & I are not strong personalities, so we didn't continue to push the issue. It wasn't unbearably hot in the room, but not cool either. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Go for the upper floors - it's worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
phcolvin, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us again this year! It’s great to hear that you were able to take advantage of so much of the wonderful amenities, activities, and entertainment that we offer! We strive for excellent customer service and work very hard to make something right if we see that something is not at the level of excellence we expect at our resort, I’m very happy to hear that Virgil noticed your longer than average wait and was able to make things right again for your family. I will be sure to send your comments on to the head of our Security Department so he is aware of the great job his team is doing. I will also be sure to send your comments on to our Maintenance Department so they can further check the air conditioner in that room. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are happy to take the opportunity to enhance our service even further. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Nicole S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have traveled to many hotels over the past ten years, but this year was different, I had a broken foot! Everyone, and I do mean eveyone went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out. The girl at the front desk and I'm so sorry that I didn't get her name, but she got be coffee and helped me out to find a chair my the pool one morning. Andy Urban, Director of Security, called in Tom Price, Security Supervisor to keep check on me. Tom even assisted me to first aid after I had hurt my broke foot while washing the sand off the good foot. At other times, Tom had called in Virgil Hardlon, 2nd Shift Security Supervisor to take me from my room to the first aid when I just could not use the cructhes any longer. Then there was Bryce who Tom assigned to me to help get my things to the beach and back everyday, and Bryce was so sweet and gracious, and also Steven, Director of Aqutics, he also had the task of assisting me to the water with my water floaty then taking my crutches back to my rented chair, then when I was ready to get out, he was there to help me out of the water...I would recommend this place to any and everyone...the rooms were awesome and everyone was truely friendly!!!! I will be back...hopefully healty next time...

Room Tip: we had a queen on the 4th and it was great!!! no problems at all
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! First off, we hope that your broken foot heals well and heals quickly for you! It’s great to hear that so many of our Team Members were able to enhance your stay! We truly value all of our guests and will do whatever we can to make your stay more enjoyable and more comfortable in any way we can. We’re very fortunate to have so many wonderful Team Members who are genuinely caring individuals, it really makes the Holiday Inn Resort a great place to work as well as to visit! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Checked into the the Holiday Inn a day before checing into our condo in Destin. We had 2 rooms booked for a Friday night. Got upgraded to a suite which was the ULTIMATE room. Everything was so clean & nice. Great patio. Couldn't have asked for a nicer room. Pool area is very nice. Fun activities for all ages. Wished we could have stayed longer. I would recommend the hotel. Didn't have food at the hotel. There are tons of little kids there having fun but it really doesn't bother me even tho I have teenagers. Would recommend 100%.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a great suite this is a good place. Indoor grill, frig with ice/water, pl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear we were able to even further enhance your stay with the upgrade! We strive to have the cleanest and friendliest hotel on Panama City Beach, we’re so glad you enjoyed both your room and the hotel grounds. Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sunny Regards,
Lecompte, Louisiana
Reviewed July 10, 2012

this is our second trip to the holiday inn resort, as close as you can get to a cruise without the ship. Has everything in one place, good music, activities, movies at night by the pool, hot tub, play area for small kids, Well worth the money, you can come to this place and not leave the entire time if you choose.
the staff does everything to make sure you enjoy your vacation, we have no reason to look elsewhere

Room Tip: we stayed in a room with 1 queen and a divided area off for 4 bunk beds, enough room to sleep but is...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank brian b
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear you were able to enjoy so many of our amenities, activities, and entertainment during your stay! We’re very fortunate to have so many wonderful Team Members working with us, I’m so glad our team was able to enhance your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Westminster, MD
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Panama City Beach for five days in late-May. The resort is in a great location, the rooms were clean, and the view is spectacular. All rooms are gulf-front, and it's worth the few extra $$ to be upgraded to an upper floor room. While I'm sure it is very crowded during the peak summer months, it was not at all crowded during our visit, so we had no issue finding space around the pool/on the beach. Our only complaint was the charge for two beach chairs and an umbrella - $50.00 per day!! We've stayed at resorts in the Caribbean and not paid that much.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$ for an upper floor room!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LBKDMK
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! It is true that our resort is busier during the summer months but late spring – Mid-April till the end of May – and during the fall months our resort typically has a more relaxed and open feel. For guests who intend to enjoy our beach chairs for multiple days it is always best to take advantage of one of our Beach Chair Packages, it’s always a better value when you get the room and beach chairs – and perhaps even breakfast – all bundled together; we hope you’ll take advantage of one of our many packages on our next visit to help you save! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort; we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Shepherdsville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I have vacationed at this Holiday Inn for the last six years. The pool facilities are amazing. There is a pool, hot tub and an area for smaller children. The scenery is amazing. We have three children (under the age of 11) and they absolutely love it here. Then there are the children activities. The activities are supervised. I sign them in and out. There are lunches with pirates and dancing with the Polynesian Dancers. There are crafts and face painting. The majority of the activities are free. The lunches were $5 and gave my husband and me an hour and 45 minutes of childfree poolside time. The rooms have been recently updated which is a plus.
The past six years we have had an amazing vacation. We go the same week each year which is our anniversary also. There have been several of the same staff members each year which worked in our favor this year. We were given champagne, a cake and a poster with a family picture on it congratulation us. The staff has been so amazing that we feel somewhat loyal to this location. If it were up to my children I will be spending my anniversary there for several years to come.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a room with a view you need a higher room. There are palm trees that block the lo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to here you all were able to enjoy all the activities, entertainment, and amenities we offer! We’re so proud to be a part of your family tradition and anniversary celebration; it’s an honor to be a part of those memories. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.

Sunny Regards,
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This was our second trip to this hotel and have to say they are well worth the drive and money!! The Auqualand kid pool provides hours of entertainment!! This is what first appealed to us on our first trip. The staff are top notch! They go above and beyond to ensure you ad your family are enjoying yourselves! This is truly a one stop entertainment resort. There is so much to do at the hotel you never have to leave unless you want to!!! We will be going back!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! We’re so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! It’s great to hear you and your children enjoyed Aqualand, it’s one of my favorite features at our resort! We’re very fortunate to have so many wonderful Team Members working with us, I’m so glad our team was able to enhance your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon; thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort.