All reviewsthunder beachfull kitchensherrycamillesharkyscelestevacationpierpcb
Reviewed February 13, 2016

At first, it is rather upsetting to see doors that don't fit or close properly, damaged kitchens, ridiculously under-provided kitchen equipment, chipped paint, elevator out of service, etc. Seems like no maintenance has been done for years. BUT, especially if you are staying for several days, there are bonuses. The location is absolutely perfect, right on the beach, and a short walk to the pier. Easily accessible parking. Every room has a private balcony on the beach (try to get 3rd floor or higher for best view). Even rooms with kitchenette may still participate in the admittedly skimpy breakfast (which one doesn't normally expect with a room with a kitchen), and there is free wifi in the lobby (which closes at 5 pm, -- go figure!) This hotel is probably just waiting to be torn down to make way for a luxury hotel or condo because of its location, so if you focus on the positives, and don't expect too much in the way of those little annoying problems resulting from lack of proper maintenance, then it is quite fine, -- and frankly, well worth the bargain rates. If the most important things to you are location and a private view of the beach, and you are prepared to overlook the small stuff, then this hotel is actually a great find!

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher is quieter and has the better view. Suites are twice the size and only marginally more expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
SeahavenBeachResorts, General Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2016

Dear Bob,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. At the present time we are making some updates to our rooms. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve your future hotel needs.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

We wanted a cheap place to stay with a kitchen in Panama City Beach and it was cheap and we had a kitchen so I guess I shouldn't complain; however, I have to warn others. We had a ground floor/basement unit. First, the elevator was broken and we're not old but we had a lot of stuff to carry to the room. The first thing I noticed was the mold all over the vents in the bedroom. The second thing was the dirty shower, then the fact that the place is not only outdated but is in desperate need of repair. The carpet was dirty and who knows the last time it was shampoo'ed much less vacuumed. Then, since it was windy during our stay we had sand, leaves, and cigarette butts blowing under the door that leads out to the walkway to the beach. We felt we couldn't open our curtain to see the Gulf because it seemed like people from the street (not hotel guests) got to the beach by walking through the hotel walkway and right past all the rooms on the ground level. Lastly, we never received the same level of poor housekeeping during our 5-night stay. One day our bed was made but no new towels, the next day bed made and new towels but not kitchen towels and another day we only got towels thrown on our bed and nothing else done. And the floors were never swept or vacuumed. The place is a pig-sty, we would never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 206kevinl
SeahavenBeachResorts, General Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Dear Kevin,

I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. We value your opinion as these comments help us to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. Did you report your concerns to the front desk? I'm confident that we could've found you alternative accommodations. The elevator is being worked on and will be fully operable very soon. I'm currently looking into your review and housekeeping concerns, If you could provide me with any additional information I can be reached at 850-851-0161.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

First, let me state that this is Seahaven Beach Hotel NOT Origin at Seahaven. They're owned by the same company, but completely different experiences. The first issue with our room was that it was billed as having "free wifi in the room," but we found out wifi was only available in the lobby and only until 5pm. If you're one of those people who have school or business online and need access to wifi, this is definitely a no go.

My second complaint is the "conjoining door" in the rooms. There's a 6'' gap under the doors, which allows the neighbors to hear virtually EVERYTHING from your room, and quite possibly see into your room. Our neighbor kept his side of the door open for some reason... which unsettled me.

Lastly, cancellation and accommodations for issues is ridiculous. When we asked to be changed to a different room, they argued that the hotel was booked up (with all of six cars in the parking lot, this was February, mind you). They tried to upcharge us to get us to move to Origin at Seahaven.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Beware of conjoining doors
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua H

Dear Joshua,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I have passed you concerns onto our maintenance department regarding the 6" gap under the conjoining doors. I would love to speak with you to discuss your concerns further. I can be reached at 850-851-0161.

Reviewed January 17, 2016

Origin at sea haven hotel is awesome!!! Beautiful pool over looking the gulf. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, we ended up staying an extra day. Directly across from skarky's, world famous restaurant. Eva was awesome with helping with reservation, can't wait to return!!!

Room Tip: Low number rooms face the west to see sunset
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beaserj
SeahavenBeachResorts, General Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your overall stay at our beautiful hotel. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I will be sure to share your kind words with Eva and our whole team.

Again, we appreciate your generous review and certainly look forward to hosting your future stays!

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

If you decide to try this hotel, go look at yur room before u sign the no refund paper. I would not have stayed. The good pics make it look well kept & nice but it's not. I'd say a 4 on a scale of 1-10

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
SeahavenBeachResorts, General Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that you would be willing to give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel!

Best,