“My favorite beach hotel”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Attalla, Alabama
“My favorite beach hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I've stayed at Seahaven several times in the past few years and I love it! Yes, it's a little old and outdated but it's still a great value for the money. The rooms are always clean, the staff is friendly, and every room has an ocean view. I'm planning on returning this year for my annual birthday trip. Please don't be scared off by all the negative reviews. This really is a great little hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kristy T
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thanks Kristy for the great review! The past couple of years we have been working on updating and renovating the property during slow periods. We are proud of the changes that we have made and look forward to sharing with our guests additional updates. We look forward to having you back for your birthday!

Renee Reyer
reneereyer@seahavenbeach.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Atlanta
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Seriously, this place lacks some essentials. Unless you bring your own comprehensive wilderness gear, you might not even survive. However, if you like mold, bugs, and total lack of customer service and comfort at a price 5x higher than it's worth...go for it...but you better have good health insurance. Otherwise, book your stay somewhere else and enjoy. The view was great, as long as you focus past the actual hotel property...this place is a total dump!!

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank 007Wanderer

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked a 3 day stay at the Seahaven Hotel , online, for my family coming to Panama City Beach, Florida. When I called, I requested two 1st floor rooms, adjoining, , and asked if the outdoor pool was heated. The reservationist said yes, everything was available. When my son arrived we went to "check out" the rooms. The smell was horrible, and the rooms were run-down. The outdoor pool was not heated, NOR WAS IT CLEAN!! There was feces in the pool and other garbage, and it was not heated. I went to the desk clerk and said we did not want to stay and cancelled our reservation. I was given a refund for 1 night, but because we "cancelled on the day of arrival", they had to keep one nights' fee.
We had to cancel "on the day of arrival", because that is when we discovered all the problems. I should have contacted the Health Department, because the pool clearly had not been cleaned for a while.
What would anyone else have done to get their money back?

Room Tip: There is not a good room at the Seahaven Hotel. The carpeting has to be replaced for the foul odor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Willa B
Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really can't say anything "bad" about Seahaven. It's right on the beach and my room was the best room of all...I walked right out onto the deck to the beach. The view was awesome to be able to open my curtains to see. I didn't go to stay in the room though, we went the Gulf Coast Jam and it was Amazing!! Beaches, Bars n live music!!! Would I stay there again? Sure would! For what we went there to do, the value was pretty unbeatable. And no matter where I go, I Lysol everything!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Denise M
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Denise

Thanks for your review! Gulf Coast Jam was a lot of fun for everyone and they've just announced the next GCJ will be Labor Day weekend. Hope to see you back for another great event. If you do come back, give me a call directly and I'll help you with your reservations.

850.636.6550
Dothan AL
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We've stayed at SeaHaven, even before it was named SeaHaven and enjoy the fact that the rooms all face the Gulf with a balcony. This year was an entirely different situation! We checked in Thursday afternoon, Nov 7, 2013, with the Emerald Coast Cruizin event. Friday morning, we noticed a speck of dried blood on my husband's side of the bedsheet but didn't think anything of it. Saturday morning, he noticed several fresh blood stains scattered all over the sheets. He found a brown, tick shaped but roach-like bug and killed it. It was full of his fresh blood! We had never even thought of bed bugs. He took it to the office and she sent maintenance guy up to check the beds. He looked on the mattresses, but didn't see anymore. He said the third and fourth floors had just been sprayed for bugs. Because the hotel was completely filled, we couldn't be moved to a different room. The maids changed the sheets and cleaned the room, and we thought all was well. The front desk clerk even called to tell me she had "comped" the room. It was free for the four nights we had booked 10 months earlier. Sunday morning, we woke up to at least 30 bites from bed bugs on my husband! We inspected the box springs, under the mattresses, and found an entire community of bed bugs! My husband went back to the front desk showing the clerk some of the new bites and requested that we have a new room, since the hotel was mostly empty. (The car show was over on Saturday.) She told my husband that they had already given us the room for free and that they were not moving us to a new room. Does she really think that we're gonna stay in an infested room just because it was free???!!!??? We left!!! We had to go to a laundromat and wash EVERYTHING that we had brought into the room and pray that we didn't bring any bugs home with us! To top it off, my husband is having allergic reactions to all the bug bites. He is on antibiotics and has already missed his first day back at work. We've stayed at this location for the last time!!! And I intend to warn everybody of the dangers of bed bug locations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank GayleandSteve
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for you having to deal with this during your stay. As a hotelier, this type of issue is one of our worst fears. Unfortunately, it is something that no hotel/condominium can predict or prevent from ever happening but deal with as best as we possibly can. We were not aware of issues with the room until you brought it to our attention. As soon as we were informed we did have someone inspect the room and found no other issues at that moment. I am happy to hear that your stay was covered and the room was re-cleaned with all linen and terry changed out. I would like to speak with you directly about this matter. Please contact me at your convenience.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

upon pulling into the parking lot at SeaHaven I was a little unsure ... The building looked to be undergoing some issues . .. The front desk clerk , I believe her name was sherri , was the rudest hospitality person I have ever encountered .. She spoke to the other employees and guest that were there like she was better then everyone . This is not the face I would want at my motel . .. After getting our keys to room 136 I believe we encountered some staff that were walking across the parking lot .. The one lady had short blonde hair , a light blue polo looking shirt and tan shorts . She seen me struggling with my 2 children and belongings and quickly help me carry my stuff to my room and also entertained my children while I unpacked . I belive she was a manager or supervisor of some sort . I want to say her name was windy or whitney She truly made up fpr my terrible encounter with your front desk agent . My room was very clean but was in need of some serious updates . Overall my stay as great ! And I will definitely come back .. just because of the great encounter I had with the young lady that assisted me and my kids . She truly made a lasting impression !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank terrytoo
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the review. First, my apologies for what you encountered at the desk and I will address the issue. I am very happy to hear that we have staff that are willing to go above and beyond their jobs. As to the property, we certainly understand the property is in need of repair and we will be starting those repairs in the next couple of weeks. We look forward to having you stay with us again and remember you get a discount for being a repeat guest!

Clinton, Missouri
Reviewed November 2, 2013

When we checked in Sandy went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. I really appreciate all she did for us. As far as the room, we had a 2 room suite, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was very disappointed that there was no seating in the living room area except for the kitchen chairs and a bed. Since we are in our late 50's it was very uncomfortable for us. It was cool while we were there and the heat didn't work and the door let in very cold air thru the cracks around the door. I couldn't find any extra blankets in the room so it was a cold nights sleep.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a sofa so you have to sit on the bed or in a hard kitchen chair to watch tele...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Linda

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property. I am sorry it wasn't quite as comfortable that you like but happy to hear that the room overall was in good order. We actually are addressing the living room seating arrangements this winter. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any questions.