“Needs updated”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Clanton, Alabama, United States
“Needs updated”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms need to be redone and updated Made the mistake of not looking at room before paying. All we did was look at the room and they refused to refund all our money. We were not in the room over 2 minutes. Will not go there again. Will say however, that the receptionist was pleasant even though she didn't have authority to give refund she called manager but was told we could not have full refund.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Linda

I am unfamiliar with your situation and would like to speak with you further about the problems you had with the room. We are currently working on a renovation plan for this off season and are really excited about the new look and feel we are going for. Please contact me directly, I like to hear from you. 850-636-6550

Renee Reyer, AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Meigs Ga
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Im sorry but all these people that are giving good reviews must not have stayed at the palm grove. This is a dump.I was so disappointed when I saw this place and the room was awful. I could have cried. I never saw any staff no one came to clean our rooms or do anything. Gave us paper telling us that there would be no one cleaning.Our tv was tore up it did get swaped, was suppose to bring us a control for it the next day never saw one. I never saw any kind of handicap acesss I had to walk up and down stairs cant hardly walk period must less up and down stairs. Our sliding door would not open,there was leaks.We had no coffee pot had to go buy one .wasnt able to use the stove because we only had one pot was not about to go by a cookware set just to cook there. my husband us un construction and he saw several violations there. I would have rather stayed at home than stay there It was embarrassing. We went through bookit.com

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi litowee

You are correct about these reviews...they are for Seahaven Beach Hotel. Trying to get your review moved to the correct property.

Renee Reyer

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am so mad that I picked this hotel to stay at. I looked at the reviews before I came but spoke to Sharon on the phone and she reassured me that if I didn't like my room they would move me to a condo at the Origin across the street. WRONG!!!! They tried to switch me to two different rooms that were actually worse than my original! There was mold all over the ceilings! Don't even think about walking on the nasty carpet without shoes!!! They need to steam clean!!! The doors didn't close properly. This hotel should be shut down! I paid 100 dollars and the rooms should only be about 30 bucks. Never again!!!!! Do not waste ur money here. I regret it so much!

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Ajawhite

I am very sorry that you were unhappy with the room conditions. I am unsure of what property you actually stayed at. Sharon was correct, if any guest is unhappy with a property and chooses to move to another property, we certainly will allow that but there may or may not be an increase in price. Moving from any hotel/motel to a condominium would have an upgrade fee associated with that move. I would like to get additional information about your stay. Please contact me at 850-636-6550 or by email at reneereyer@seahavenbeach.com.

Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Seahaven Hotel. The staff was super nice, Sandy White was fantastic. We had an incredible vacation. The room had a wonderful view of the ocean, the kitchenette was clean. I was surprised that we had plates, cookware, and utensils. We dined at the famous Sharkys, it was wonderful. We toured around Pier Park, went jet sking, it was an awesome vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo V
Hi Jo V

Thanks so much for your review! I will certainly thank Sandy for her service, she is great. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Sharky's and look forward to seeing your family in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at 850-636-6550 or by email at reneereyer@seahavenbeach.com.

White Bluff, Tennessee
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very nervous booking this hotel with as many bad reviews as they were. I did it anyway because people are general over reacting, and really can not be happy no matter what. The staff was friendly, and we were even allowed early check-in by more than 2 hours. The hotel itself is looking old, but they are currently remodeling it. I was right next too it, and even that didn't wake me up, I am thinking there cosmetic things. Anyways the room was WONDERFUL!!! We slept five people in a two bedroom suite. We had no issues. It was clean and fully ready for us to enjoy our four day vacation! We went from August 21st through the 24th. The hotel was not in its best shape, but you get what you pay for. I got more than what I paid for, and LOVED THE STAY. It was directly across on the beach and the balcony was relaxing. The 8 foot pool was relaxing and I just throughly enjoyed it. I do not understand some peoples complaints, but oh well let the go suck up another 100 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Choose the higher level. Its a short elevator ride up and the beach views are amazing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rogerssmatt
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hi there!

Thanks so much for your review. You are correct the building needs some TLC and we are planning on getting that done this winter. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Renee Reyer
Seahaven Beach Resorts, AGM
850-636-6550
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My family stayed here over a long weekend, and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is amazing, being a short distance to Pier Park and all of the great restaurants. We received discounts at Sharky's just for being a guest at Seahaven, which is definitely helpful on the pocket! All in all, no complaints, very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lottsofun
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stay at Seahaven everytime we go to Panama City Beach. All of their hotels and condos are perfect for our family of four! The location is awesome too! Having Sharky's restaurant in walking distance is great and Pier park is not that far either! I have never had anything but excellent service at the Seahaven resorts!

• Stayed August 2013