“Don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were expecting a nice hotel from the pics on the website. We were very disappointed when we open the door. It's disgusting, smelled, and very small. It's not worth the money, pay a lil bit more and stay somewhere else. We were booked for two days but after we saw the room we wanted a refund, we only got refunded one day but had to stay there that night. If u don't mind a small, smelly, nasty room stay there. Otherwise go down the street to some nice condos for a few bucks more, it'll be worth it!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Paty124

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I travel a lot. I have stayed at Hostels in Mexico that were 10 times better than this place. I needed a place to stay at for a week in Panama City Beach and unfortunately I choose this place. The pictures on their website and all other booking places are extremely out dated. This hotel is very run-down and needs a lot of work. The doors to the rooms don't close all the way so you hear everything in the halls. Half of the dishes in my room had food all over them and weren't clean. There wasn't even soap in the bathroom or kitchen. I went to the front desk every morning asking for house keeping to clean my room and it wasn't until the 4th day that they came to clean. This hotel is on the beach and gets sandy very easily so my room was getting nasty and I'm a clean person. I had to cause a big scene and talk to upper management just to get them to clean my room. Then on the 5th day, they just dropped off towels and didn't clean the room. 6th day, they swept and took out the trash. The shower has the worst water pressure; the sink had more water coming out of it than the shower did. The a/c unit in the ceiling leaks all over the tile floor making it very slippery and dangerous. Everyone working the front desk their was extremely rude and I never got anything done unless I caused a scene and asked for management. The only time I heard or saw a house keeper before 4pm, was on the day of my checkout when they banged on my door 30 minutes before I was supposed to be checked out telling me to get out of the room. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I stay at hotels and resorts at least 90 days out of the year. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean D

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Perry, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was the one in charge of making the reservations this year for me & my friend's annual trip to Panama City Beach, and this was the first time staying at this particular hotel, so I was a little nervous about what it would be like. Well anyway to make a long story short, there were six of us, so I booked 2 rooms, thru a third party (hotelone.com), when we got to the front desk to check in, there was only one room booked, this room would not accommodate all 6 of us. Julia (who was very efficient, even though new) told me that they were completely full. I was just about to freak out, when Sherry, the other more experience desk attendant, said let me take a look. Well as it turned out, she put all 6 of us in the penthouse suite, (3 bedrooms, full kitchen, 2 baths, and a view to absolutely die for) for the same rate as it would be for the two other rooms, if in fact we would have got them. I don't know about the rest of the rooms, but this one was great & very clean. We are actually thinking about making this suite, an annual place to stay. Thank you so much Sherry & Julia, you made what could have been a disaster a fabulous trip. Lauren Lilliott

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lauren L
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Took a last minute trip to Panama City Beach and stayed at the Seahaven Beach Hotel.

Pros: The location! It is located DIRECTLY on the beach. Beautiful views of the beach from the rooms, and there are lounge chairs and jet skis to rent right outside the back door. There were a few restaurants that you could walk to (nearby), but none located on the property. Ice machines in the hotel were a nice convenience as well. Also the rates were really low.

Cons: We had a "two room" suite, which was pretty small and only one bedroom had beach view. The room was very sparse, and pretty old. Ran out of towels quickly, but had them replaced by the hotel w/in a few minutes. Pillows were very thin, and they did not have any extras available. The housekeeping crew "cleaned" our room, but only made up 1 of the beds. Check out was 10am, check in was 4pm, tho when we got there we had to wait until about 430 to check in (housekeeping seemed pretty slow).

Most likely, i would not stay here again in the future. I would probably stay at their other property called the Origin (across the street from the beach) which seemed very new and much cleaner (tho not directly on the beach).

Room Tip: High floor if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, this hotel is filthy!!! It was dirty and I found a few bugs towards the end of our stay here. We had such loud neighbors. Unfortunately,I could've built better walls between the rooms because I could hear our neighbors entire conversation. The place didn't even had WiFi ! Wanted you to go all the way in the frickin lobby to use it. Oh, and if u wanted WiFi, there was an extra charge depending on how long you wanted it on top of what you're already paying to just stay there. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the location. Good beach access and it was right on the beach. Otherwise I absouletly hated it and I will never return there again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank miaselimovic
St. Charles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been stressing on making reservations for my nieces Honeymoon, with that I decided to call the hotels personality and talk to staff to see how helpful they were. I called severa (about 20) Hotels in Panama City, and the deciding factor on picking the hotel was Sherry! She was very helpful, was honest with her answers and was very curitous even with all my questions! I am looking forward to hearing from my niece and her new husband after thier trip! Will Post an update! Thank You Sherry

Room Tip: Call the hotel personally and see how you are treated on the phone!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and i just spent the weekend at the seahaven. Great location! We had some dealings with the staff as far as needing more towels after we used the ones that they had provided and another alarm clock,after a quick call down to the desk someone was up in no time and happy to help. Great beach access and after spending much of the day on the beach we ended up at the pool, which was very clean and nice. Over all a nice friendly place with good prices and convenient to just about anywhere you may want to go on the beach. We would not hesitate to stay again. A p/c beach original with a original price!

• Stayed June 2013