“Great location and prices, probably would not stay here again.”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlanta
“Great location and prices, probably would not stay here again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Took a last minute trip to Panama City Beach and stayed at the Seahaven Beach Hotel.

Pros: The location! It is located DIRECTLY on the beach. Beautiful views of the beach from the rooms, and there are lounge chairs and jet skis to rent right outside the back door. There were a few restaurants that you could walk to (nearby), but none located on the property. Ice machines in the hotel were a nice convenience as well. Also the rates were really low.

Cons: We had a "two room" suite, which was pretty small and only one bedroom had beach view. The room was very sparse, and pretty old. Ran out of towels quickly, but had them replaced by the hotel w/in a few minutes. Pillows were very thin, and they did not have any extras available. The housekeeping crew "cleaned" our room, but only made up 1 of the beds. Check out was 10am, check in was 4pm, tho when we got there we had to wait until about 430 to check in (housekeeping seemed pretty slow).

Most likely, i would not stay here again in the future. I would probably stay at their other property called the Origin (across the street from the beach) which seemed very new and much cleaner (tho not directly on the beach).

Room Tip: High floor if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, this hotel is filthy!!! It was dirty and I found a few bugs towards the end of our stay here. We had such loud neighbors. Unfortunately,I could've built better walls between the rooms because I could hear our neighbors entire conversation. The place didn't even had WiFi ! Wanted you to go all the way in the frickin lobby to use it. Oh, and if u wanted WiFi, there was an extra charge depending on how long you wanted it on top of what you're already paying to just stay there. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the location. Good beach access and it was right on the beach. Otherwise I absouletly hated it and I will never return there again!

1 Thank miaselimovic

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

St. Charles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been stressing on making reservations for my nieces Honeymoon, with that I decided to call the hotels personality and talk to staff to see how helpful they were. I called severa (about 20) Hotels in Panama City, and the deciding factor on picking the hotel was Sherry! She was very helpful, was honest with her answers and was very curitous even with all my questions! I am looking forward to hearing from my niece and her new husband after thier trip! Will Post an update! Thank You Sherry

Room Tip: Call the hotel personally and see how you are treated on the phone!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and i just spent the weekend at the seahaven. Great location! We had some dealings with the staff as far as needing more towels after we used the ones that they had provided and another alarm clock,after a quick call down to the desk someone was up in no time and happy to help. Great beach access and after spending much of the day on the beach we ended up at the pool, which was very clean and nice. Over all a nice friendly place with good prices and convenient to just about anywhere you may want to go on the beach. We would not hesitate to stay again. A p/c beach original with a original price!

• Stayed June 2013
Cartersville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked here from 5/20 to 5/25 and overall I enjoyed my stay. There were however, some issues with my stay. I think it will be easiest if I break it down by type of service. Front desk: The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous even though they were swamped with guests checking in. They also gave me free dinner for two as compensation for our (and several other) rooms not being available. Check in: as I said before our room wasn't ready at check in. It actually wasn't ready until sometime after 6:00. This was especially perplexing when you consider the quality of the housekeeping service, but I'll get into that later. The property: the property sits on Front Beach Road on a piece of property that encompasses Seahaven Beach Hotel, Sharkey's Beach Club, Seahaven Resorts Sales Office, and The Reef. Across the street is the Origin at Seahaven and overflow parking for all the properties. It is my understanding that all of the above mentioned properties as well as Hammerhead Fred's on Thomas Drive are owned or managed by the same company. As far as this property is concerned, it's showing it's age but it appears they are trying to update it. Parking is a major concern however, as there very little to go around. You will probably find yourself parking in the gravel overflow lot and crossing the street in a location with no crosswalk. Additionally, those with accessibility concerns will want to keep in mind that there is only one elevator located on the other side of the property from the front desk and it will not get you to the pool level or the beach level. The pool and beach: the pool is just what you'd expect from a hotel of this sort. It's not heated but it really doesn't need to be. The pool is actually next to the hotel so it is visible from the street as well as the beach. There is no hot tub. If you are familiar with Panama City Beach then the beach will not disappoint. There is white sand and emerald water as far as you can see. The only problem I had is the property has decided to canvas the beach with rental chairs and jet ski rentals. There is little room for your own umbrella and towel if you choose to bring it as I do. The room: I booked the king room but through a bit of luck I ended up getting a two room suite. The room was well appointed with a king and queen bed, a kitchenette, a private balcony, and two flat panel televisions. I did notice that not all of the rooms were as described above, it appears that they are busy refitting a few rooms at a time. House keeping: this is where the the hotel gets its black eye. During my stay the housekeeping consisted of making up the bed that was not slept in and leaving a stack of towels on the edge of the sink with the occasional roll of toilet paper on top. The coffee maker was never restocked and the floors were never swept. I still don't understand why the unused bed was straightened daily but the bed we used was untouched even though it was the first thing you see when you walk in the room. To make matters worse, the housekeeping staff could regularly be found seated in clusters on the floors of the walkways chatting and giggling over their phones. Putting aside the fact that this was terribly unprofessional, they were also constantly blocking walkways. I suspect that this had a lot to do with why I wasn't able to check in until after 6:00.Maintenance: most people will stay the entire week without ever seeing any of the maintenance staff but that was not the case for me. Upon checking in, I found the door to the balcony would not close. I made four calls to the front desk and two visits and they still didn't fix it. Overall the hotel was ok and if the price is right, I would stay again but I wouldn't expect too much in the way of housekeeping service if you choose this hotel. If this is a problem for you, you should choose a different property.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Gawdddd love me so seahaven. Third time staying here, Tiffany up at the front and sherry are awesome. And Shawn, she is the best room keeper ever! Love them! Seahaven is the best resort ever! They have the best view of the beach and its right beside sharkys! Party! Haha it's the best to stay at!

fun4oli
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The place is pretty run down (stained chairs and crummy kitchenette, see photos) and room cleaning had forgot to remove the last tenant's soap bar from the shower, and I thought that $120 (incl. taxes) for a Friday night was just too much for it, but the location is great and you are rewarded with a great morning view (if you are at least on level 2, which is the street level), see other photo. I think I'd spent a bit more money and find a more decent place. A plus is that almost next door is a beach restaurant/bar called Sharky's where you can have a sunset cocktail and look at the sand and water. On a side note I thought I forgot that I left something in the room and they promised to call me back after they would check with housekeeping (which would take them an hour), but they did not and I had to call again ... bad style.

Room Tip: Stay at leat on level 2 to see the ocean, the best reward this place has to offer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo