All reviewsthunder beachfull kitchensherrycamillesharkyscelestevacationpierpcb
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed May 20-27. I work at a hotel, so I thought the rooms looked good for the price. This hotel is very cheap considering it's right on the beach and is in walking distance of everything. Everything in my room was perfect. A couple of things annoyed me. I kept having to get Do Not Disturb signs from the front desk because housekeeping kept taking them off the door. This resulted in me and everyone in my room getting woken up every day. Also, someone called my room (which I don't know how they got to my room) and got my debit card information. I had to go through an extremely long process of getting all of that straightened out. I know there was a sign at the front desk that told you about the scams, but nobody reads those. I think that the front desk staff should tell you at check in. I also think that the security deposit should be taken away, or it should be for all ages and not just under 25. I'm sorry, but just because I'm 25+ doesn't mean I can't destroy a room. Other than that I enjoyed my stay. We always got plenty of towels and never had any trouble with that. The staff was very nice. I will be staying here next June more than likely :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed 7 nights from July 5 ~ 11 below is a list of things that we encountered:
- Was told our room would have couch...did not
- Ice maching constantly out of ice
- Had to beg for towels and many days we only recieved 1 wash cloth though 4 adults in the room
- Carpet was filthy....you walk accross the room and your feet was black
- No pen or paper to write on ( this is handy when booking activity )
- Balcony door was extremely hard to close
- 1970's room with nasty cabinets
- Housekeeping did not arrive until 5 p.m. or later
- Shower curtain was too short. Water went all over the floor.
- Housekeeping would not pick up dirty towels
- Beds were rarely made
- Mold was all over the bottom of the curtains.

When I checked out I asked for a comment card and tried to tell the desk worker about my stay and his only recomendation was to use this forum.....sad that they don't seem to care. This was our first time in Panama City Beach......loved the town but WILL NOT stay here again

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Doug C
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great staff, great location, very old hotel, I have to say our room was clean though. Very poor elevators and only three carts to haul your luggage in with, and the two we used were in very poor shape, stayed the week of July 4th. This is not a five star hotel, I would say two star. No wifi service, remember that, very hard to walk directly to ocean, there is a three foot bank or cliff of sand you have to step down to , in other words it's not flat sand to ocean. We had a great time, the staff addressed all our needs the best they could. Location is it's strongest point.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here June 28-July 1. The location was great! We were right on the beach with an awesome view. We stayed in one of the 2 room suites with the full kitchen. If you're expecting a 5 star hotel, this is not for you. But if you just want a clean place to sleep at night that is right on the beach, you're in luck. The staff was great, very friendly. The hotel is older and needs some renovations but I really have no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BravesGurl1983
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family & I stayed here July 8-11..The only 'GOOD' thing I can say about it is the location......The room was never cleaned, only the beds were made (no clean sheets), no washcloths at all...I went to the front desk & the young man said he was sorry they didn't have any.....I'm sure whoever owns this hotel can afford washcloths--Wal-Mart has them all the time....The floor was never cleaned, nor the bathroom.....I went to the front desk again & the housekeeping person had no idea what I was trying to say, no english or was just playing stupid.......Also the front door would stick, you had to push hard to get it opened & pull hard to close it--wouldn't close by itself.....I will 'NEVER' stay at this location again....I will also let my friends know about this hotel also.......They need new management & 'ALL' new housekeeping staff......

Room Tip: Don't choose one at this location.......
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Cheryl E
Suzy S, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for your business. It is our desire that your stay is filled with a good comfortable room with great service and wonderful beach memories. I do apologize that we were experiencing some issues with our laundry facilities during your stay. I would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you and your family on your next beach visit. Please call me directly if you decide to do so.

Suzy Sandusky