“Clean room, you get what you pay for”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Booked this hotel online, the view was great. The room looked clean but there was mold on shower curtain. And every morning between 6 & 6:30 a dump truck came to empty the dumpster and it woke me and my husband both mornings- a Saturday & Sunday. I don't understand why a hotel would have its dumpster at the base of the rooms, when it has a parking lot across the street and could be put there.

Also this was a king suite, and it had two rooms one with a king brad and the other with a double, but I specifically wanted the king bed to sleep on and it was in the front room of the suite, where all the noise is. The double bed was extremely hard so we had to sleep in the front, keeping us away from the view and quiet room towards the back of suite.

Also, maid service didn't take up out dirty towels when they came in to make the beds the next day.

Basically, if you don't plan to sleep late and can overlook things like, duct tape and broken tiles in the bathroom, its not bad, but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Neseypooh
Suzy S, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. Thank you for the comments you made regarding our location, fantastic views and great pricing. I do apologies for your disturbance with our trash pickup and thank you for your suggestions. We want you to enjoy a peaceful and wonderful time at the beach. As the new Manager, I am dedicated to improving the quality of your stay with our properties. I will be sure to address the housekeeping issues you experienced and deeply apologize for these. We are currently undergoing room needs inspections and will be sure to take care of the items you mentioned. We have installed Queen Beds in the beach side rooms. We appreciate your patience during our progress to improve our quality and hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next visit wonderful.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing like having the Gulf of Mexico and the sugar-white sandy beaches right out your back door. Great place to stay and greate rates.

Room Tip: All are good---we had the suite that slept 10 or more.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

We are so happy that you chose to stay with our property. Thank you for the nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Give us a call when you are ready for a great beach getaway!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

love your hotel thanks for everything! Right on the beach, no hassle by the police on this side of the beach toooo!

• Stayed: April 2012
Suzy S, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for the great comments you gave regarding our rooms, staff and fantastic views of the Gulf of Mexico. We hope to see you again soon. Give us a call to book your next visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I would strongly advise people not go to this hotel. It was really really really dirty and very very poorly maintained. Stairwells smell like urine. Water pressure was horrible. The room was falling apart. This was the worst place I have ever stood at. My family and I were woken up at 4am by a fight in the room next to ours. We call reception and they did not do anything. We call the police and the did not come. It was very scary for my family and unbelievably discomforting. DO NOT EVER EVER GO TO THIS PLACE. VERY VERY VERY VERY UGLY!!!!!!

5  Thank Aaron V

Thank you for your stay with us. I do apologize that during your visit we did have the last weekend of high school Spring Break. The room next to yours did have an argument during the night and this room was asked to leave the following morning. I am happy that we were able to relocate you to our newly renovated property and upgraded you from a standard to a micro full fridge room. I hope you enjoyed the meal as well that was extended to you. We have taken this opportunity now that Spring Break is over to do a property wide cleanup at all of our properties. We thank you for your patronage and hope your family will come enjoy the beautiful beaches at Panama City Beach in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room was fine and the price was ok, the website and pictures are misleading. But over all it was fine. Thanks to "Talia" for assisting us with getting what we needed for the night. She was great, kudos to her....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with our beach front property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be happy to look into the website to see if any changes need to be made. We are excited about our upcoming renovations with upgrading our 2 room suites and common areas. We appreciate your nice comments regarding our rooms and competitive pricing. We look forward to your next visit to the beach.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Springbreak is an American rite of passage so of-course, the entire Front Beach Road swarmed with over the top teenagers and young adults. What was an insane form of foreshadowing is that the room my family was assigned reeked with an old onion-like odor. Later that night, my child jarred me from sleep to report she had witnessed the end of a fight among a group of kids right outside her door. I decided to sleep in her room for the rest of the night but did not get a wink of sleep: It was a din outside her door. The next day, when I reported this to the front office staff, everyone seemed unaffected. To make a long story short, one person did tell me she would call if she found another room but never did call.

After waiting several hours, I called the front office and was told I would not be permitted to change rooms and my entire family felt frustrated because we wasted an entire day inside waiting for that call. Early evening, a call came in and we were asked whether we still wanted a room change. A room on a higher floor was available. We moved and what a difference! This room was soooo clean. It was sooooo fragrant. Our vacation began that evening, two days after we first checked in.

The location is perfect but safety is a huge issue.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views of beach life and ocean.
1  Thank Antoinette W
Suzy S, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. I agree Spring Break is not always family friendly. I do apologize that your family experienced these issues during your stay. We did get your request for a higher floor and due to full occupancy was not able that morning to arrange your room move. We did get a request from another room higher up to move down to a lower floor. It did take a little longer to get these guests moved then this room cleaned. I thank you for your patience. We do appreciate your comments about the satisfactory of your next room and so happy the rest of your stay went great. I hope you will give us another chance next time you come to the beach. Please give me a call personally so that I can arrange your visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

WORST place I ever stayed at! The rooms were filty! No house keeping.They kept telling me 'We'll send some one over " and no one came. I Will Never go back there again!!
This place is NOT family friendly, But Very Drunk friendly.. Very sad....

Room Tip: Stay some where else!!!
4  Thank nikole k
Suzy S, Manager at Seahaven Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with our Beach Front Property. We are known worldwide for Spring Break during March and the first of April. I am so sorry that during this time this beach is not so family friendly. The rest of the season we are very family friendly. We advertise our Kids Eat Free program with Sharkys the rest of the year. We have during summer our Kid's Club program where we have face painting, balloon animals, movie day, arts and crafts day and more. This is so great for kids and adults for its free with your stay with us. During that time we even have a special for a low fee for adult’s night out daycare program where you can go out for the evening and your kids will have a great time with pizza, movie and fun. We also have great family funcation packages during Spring, Summer and Fall. During these we advertise special programs with area family fun attractions with discounts or tickets with our room packages. It’s a blast for all! Hope you will come and enjoy our beautiful beaches during a better time for families. Hope you will give us another opportunity during better circumstances.