“Disappointed”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Mobile
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

The hotel has a fantastic breakfast and beach view from every room. But the rooms were not very clean and prices for my room and my friend's room were 30.00 different for no apparent reason. Beware the rooms with kitchenettes. The hallways on the first and second floor were descusting. It smelled horrible. Several ice machines were out of order. The pool is very small.

The staff was friendly and tried to make things better by giving us tickets to get into a local fair.

• Liked — beach view
  • Disliked — lack of amenities and cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Maryland
Reviewed December 4, 2007

We went here to have a fun and relaxing getaway. We stayed in one of the two suites that they had and was more than pleased with the entire stay. The room was HUGE and had everything and more. We had a balcony that wrapped around the side to the front facing the ocean so we had the best of all views. The place was very quiet and peaceful. We stayed in the indoor pool because the water was perfect and clean. Our little vacation seemed like we reserved the hotel just for us and was exactly what we were looking for. We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Liked — Indoor pool, free wireless internet connection in the room, location
  • Disliked — Overall staff attitude. Seemed like they didn't want to be there and had a slight attitude.
  • Stayed December 2007
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed September 22, 2007

I booked at the Quality Inn because of the location and the affordable price. I love the beach so I was really just looking for a regular room- nothing special. I was going to be spending all of my time outdoors anyways! When I arrived at the front desk, Heather checked me in. She was extremely nice and very personable. It was my first impression of the place overall. I didn't feel rushed out of the office like my last stay in a different hotel. Heather put me in a very clean room on the 3rd floor. Like I said, I didn't expect much- but again, I was pleasantly suprised. The room was exceptionally clean and tidy. The view was awesome, as I could look out and see the white sand on the beach with no disturbances. It was fairly quiet, and I had a great time. The only problem I had was programming my remote control on the TV. The staff quickly and eagerly helped me out. Great deal for the price! I highly recommend and will be back!

• Liked — cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Disliked — needs a few upgrades- no real complaints!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beachlover215
ATLANTA, GA
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I read reviews on here and was a bit skeptical. I realize people usually only comment when they are angry, very few people take the time out to compliment. When we arrived we checked in and the front desk staff was very friendly. The Hotel is right directly on the beach . It was a beautiful view! You couldnt ask for a better location. The hotel is older so if you are expecting 5 stars book at the Hilton. However it is clean. You get what you pay for, but the service is exceptional here. Everyone from housekeeping to the front desk treated us as if we were at a 5 star hotel. Kudos to the Quality Inn we will return.

• Liked — Friendly staff and perfect location
  • Disliked — no hot tub
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Rossville, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My husband, 2 ten year old boys, and I stayed at the Quality Inn Beach Front the last week of July. Like others have said, this hotel is in dire need of renovations.

We stayed in room 233. The room was in decent shape. We did have to call maintenance to fix the shower curtain rod because it was falling off, but they came very promptly. Housekeeping skipped us 2 days which meant no clean towls. On the 2nd day we called the front desk and they sent someone over about 30 minutes later. Our room was a "King Suite", meaning it had a bedroom with a king bed and a living room with a sleeper sofa. The bedroom area was very dark. It only had 1 night light in the room. The living room/kitchen/dining room was very bright though (due to the balcony facing the ocean). The kitchen was not in very good shape. It looked like someone took a sledge hammer to the fridge, but it worked fine.

The staff was very friendly! They were very quick to respond when we needed something. Breakfast was good, but very crowded. If you want a waffle be prepared to stand in line for a while.

Overall I think it was as expected for the price. It was a good deal considering it was beach front. Every room has a view and you literally walk out of the hotel down to the beach. If you're looking for luxury this is definetly not the place, but if you're looking to be beach front in a decent hotel it's worth it.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — The fact that the hotel is in dire need of some renovations.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniela L

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Louisville, KY
Reviewed August 13, 2007

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel with my wife and daughter. We stayed in room 633 from Aug 10 to Aug 12 and, to put it mildly, we were extremely disappointed in the accommodations. We would never stay there again would never recommend anyone else to stay there either. The room and the entire facility are in dire need of repair and upgrading (or even better, demolition). Apparently spring-breakers do just that...break and destroy. Meanwhile the hotel does nothing to replace and repair what has been destroyed. To name SOME of the problems with the room...

• There were large burn holes in the bed spread (in a non-smoking room)
• The carpet was stained and dirty
• The bathroom smelled horrible, and despite being cleaned and sprayed continued to smell.
• The door to the room was difficult to open and shut because it was bent and warped evidently from being kicked multiple times
• The TV stand/cabinet was stained and the lamination was curling off in large pieces.
• The kitchenette was poorly stocked. There were insufficient utensils for cooking or eating. The few pieces that remained were disgustingly dirty.
• The refrigerator was badly dented and the freezer door handle was completely bent in from being beaten on.
• The pull-out bed was in such bad condition nobody could ever sleep on it.
• The Air Conditioning on it's highest setting could barely keep the room cool.
• The TV remote did not work in the bedroom

After checking in and advising the management of our room's condition, we were told the best they do for us was to allow us to leave without having to pay for staying for the ONE hour we were there. We were told the whole hotel was booked full and that all the rooms were in the same condition as ours. Apparently customer service was also in disrepair at this hotel! Only because it was late and we had been driving all day long, and we did not wish to undergo the hassle of finding another place and moving that late at night we stayed there. However I will never make the mistake again of staying in this or any other hotel that allows spring breakers to destroy it and do nothing to repair it. I can't believe that I paid $159 a night (supposedly a discounted rate) for such a horrible piece of "you know what" room. I've paid less for fantastic hotels in the Carribean! They should be sued for claiming this to be a "Quality" hotel. The only Quality it has is POOR QUALITY! If you're going to Panama City Beach do yourself a favor and stay at a nice condo. It costs a little more but apparently you get what you pay for.

• Liked — Looking at it in the rear view mirror
  • Disliked — The disgusting smell in the bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank LeoFromLouisville
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I checked in on a Thursday 07/25/07 for a business appointment on Friday 7/26/07 for business and decided to bring the family for the weekend for two addittional nights.

The front desk staff was very helpful in working out two separate back-to-back reservations and were able to get us in the same room even though I had originally reserve red two different room types. The free breakfeast was crowded and average, but hey, it's free.

The rooms are old and the bathroom faucet leaked (a lot) however given the rate and high season and the fact that we knew that we were staying at at 3 or 4 diamond/stare hotel we managed just fine.

Given the beach location and age of the hotel you can imagine that the place is not sparkling clean but again not a problem to us. Lots of families on summer vacation and after getting used to the loud roar of cars and motorcycles going by on Front Beach Road overnight and drunks coming back from the Bars at 4:00 AM I would give it a solid 3 out of 5 stars.

Still the best value on the beach and unbeatable views as witnessed below saw a rainbow in the Gulf when I woke up on Sunday 07/29/2007.

• Liked — Right on the beach
  • Disliked — Old age of building, proximity to the street and street noise overnight.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business