“Great deal!”

Seahaven Beach Hotel
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Great deal!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

After reading several rewiews I was apprehensive to reserve here but took a chance. So glad I did! We had room 232, king suite. We only had to park across the street twice, even then it was a very short trip to the room. The room was clean when we arrived. We had an awesome view and got the third night free. Attractions and shopping were in walking distance, even walked the beach to the pier. The only confirmation I can offer to the negative reviews would be slight rust marks on the appliances and carpet that has seen better days, but nothing to negatively impact the trip. The cleaning ladies came daily to take trash and were very friendly. I would imagine that with the prices, this place attracts the party crowd, making it more of a task to keep the carpets and other things in perfect condition. To the negative reviews on this place, I am not sure what you all expected for the cost but I can honestly say that my expectations were exceeded and this place will be at the top of my list for next years trip. If anyone expects the riches, then try the $150+ per night places. If u want a good deal, beach front room with a heated pool so you can spend your money on the attractions and shopping, seahaven is the place for you too!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Krissykat88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is probably the nastiest motel we have ever stayed at! We were scared t walk barefooted on the carpet because if you did your feet would get sticky and black ! It had a kitchette in it but.... you would have to pay me to use it! You should bring your own plates cups,forks or knives! They only have about one of each anyway. This motel smelled inside and out! The cleanest part of it is the lobby!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank deb429

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Hayden, Alabama
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We arrived on sept. 23rd for the country music festival. They advertised free tickets ( preferred seating ) but when we got the tickets they said general admission, we asked about it and they would not do anything about it. The room was very dirty. The toilets were nasty the bed sheets were not clean and if you walk around with no shoes were feet turned black within two trips across the room. We also paid 300.00 dollars for two nights ( included two 17.50 tickets to the concerts but when we were leaving the sign said 59.00 dollars a night. Go figure.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want clean room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Dale S
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We spent about nine days there..We went on Sept. 12, 2011 and were in room 231. I thought it was very nice..good view of the Ocean..Parking was ok..needed more I thought..We only had to park across the street one night.
Sharkeys was next door so we walked there..Good Food and Drinks.
They advertise free WI-Fi, but you can only get it in the lobby...so bring your laptop or use one of theirs in the lobby..you can get it in the room for a fee of 9.99 a day..( no Way was I going to do this).
All in all it was good..we will be back next year !!

Room Tip: Room 231 has central air.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DarylB400
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I understand the "You get what you pay for" phrase, and was not expecting the Ritz for the $90 we paid per night. This was the most miserable place on the beach. There is a one-inch gap under the entry door and the door connecting 2 rooms. This means that EVERY NOISE anyone makes outside or next door is heard. Needless to say, with the 14 people staying in the one next to us partying, I got absolutely no sleep whatsoever. I came to the beach to relax and rest, and I am leaving tense with sleep deprivation. We tried to leave early and find another hotel, but there is a "No early check-out" policy. Of course there is, because who in their right mind would want to stay there another night? They also ran out of wash cloths, which is absurd. The shower was clogged and slow to drain. The beds and pillows were hard. I would have rather slept on the beach with the bums than stayed in this hotel. So PLEASE spend more money and go somewhere else. Unless you like sleep deprivation.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. Run far far away from this dump.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank mixonwm
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 24, 2011

It wasn't the best but It was cleaner than some hotels we have seen before in Florida... The only complaint that we all had was that they clerks were rude and didnt care enough about there job... We did have the workers come to our room for and ac problem.. they work fast hard and were out before we knew it.. I loved where the hotel is located and would stay there again.. but they need customer service skills!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All Rooms were sound proof.. they all have a balcony with a beautiful view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stacy n
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We had reservations to stay at this hotel for the weekend of August 12, 2011. I made the reservation ahead of time over the phone and paid in full. I asked for a room on a high floor and was told that rooms were not assigned until check-in because they don't know which rooms are going to be clean. We drive down there on Friday to check-in and again I asked if there was a room like the one we reserved on a high floor. At that time, the front desk clerk told me that the top 2 floors were already reserved for some kind of family reunion. I wish I'd been told that ahead of time when I called to make the reservation instead of letting me believe that there was a possibility we could stay on a high floor. The clerk, Ashley, was very pleasant and personable. We were able to park right in front of the hotel when we arrived around 6:00pm and there were several other spaces available. Sharky's, a popular restaurant, is next door and it seems like if you show up much later than 6:15pm you probably will have to park across the street from the hotel.

We went to our room on the 2nd floor (actually ground level from the street). We hated it. I take a set of Clorox wipes with me on every trip because I like to just make sure the place is sanitary before kicking off my shoes and getting comfy. Normally, a single wipe can do most of a small room because rooms are generally already clean. This one was not. I went through the entire container. The fridge had rust all over the side of it. The lights barely illuminated anything. The whole room just appeared like it used to be a bomb shelter or something in a former life (hard concrete walls, unplugged lamps, had to jiggle around the chain inside the toilet tank before it would flush). Our balcony looked right out onto a walkway where guests came and went from the beach, which we didn't care for. Then about 5 minutes into our stay the air conditioner stopped working. We called the front desk to have someone come and look at the a/c unit and it just rang. At that point, we gathered our stuff and went to the front office to check out. A different desk clerk took care of us and was kind enough to refund one night's stay out of the 2 we'd already paid for. We declined to try another room and instead stayed at another hotel down the street. It wasn't for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple