“Great location”

Ocean Towers Beach Club
Albany, Georgia
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location is awesome the accommodations are average. Right on the beach in the heart of PCB. The rooms had new flooring and paint but some of the appliances and fixtures needed updating. The grounds were OK. The pool was small the elevator was slow and unreliable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean front. If you want it to be quiet ask for a room in the west end of the west...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank sowega_T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Being BlueGreen owners, we reserved 5 nights here. We were fairly reluctant after reading many reviews on TA, but we decided we would take a chance and use up some accrued vacation points. Overall, we are glad we stayed here, although there were some minor issues. We knew going in that the free WiFi was sporadic at best. Luckily, they provided an ethernet cable in the room which connected to our laptop so we had a great connection during our stay, as long as the cable we plugged in just right. LOL The cable was damaged, but we made it work.

The dishwasher did not work, (soap dispenser refused to open). But since we were only there 5 nights, we did the dishes by hand only a couple times. The office staff was good enough, but not great. Yvette, of the housekeeping staff was TERRIFIC! She provided service with a smile, and let us into our room when we had locked ourselves out. Our opinion is that this property is not managed up to the BlueGreen standards that we've grown accustomed to, but we didn't have any major problems with anyone. We just felt they could have been trained better, and we can understand some of the negative feedback from other guests.

We stayed on the 5th floor and the view was outstanding. The property is located right on the beach so we couldn't have asked for a better location. Our room was clean and we had no major complaints with anything other than the dishwasher. The shower was new, and as good as ANY we have used in our travels. We believe that the more negative reviews on this property were probably a little exaggerated. We liked our accommodations well enough, and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Tinslinger
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Love coming to Ocean Towers! Have wonderful staff, rooms are always clean. We really enjoy our stay when we come down. The pool a a spa is a very relaxing touch . Like how the pool is a salt water system and not chlorine. You are just steps from the beach, so you really couldn't ask for more.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rashell C
Eufaula, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

my mother left a pair of shoes in closet when we checked out. I called the next morning and was told by "tiffany' at front desk that if the shoes had been left that they would have been found by housekeeping and turned into office...and housekeeping had turned nothing in. She refused to check with housekeeping because 'they would have turned them in'. I called that afternoon and the staff transferred me to housekeeping. They didnt speak english. I called front desk the next morning and attempted to explain that the shoes were dark and in a dark closet so maybe housekeeping overlooked them by mistake. Still no help. Tiffany repeated her housekeeping statement and tried to cut me off. I asked for manager, Michelle. I had to call back because Michelle was unavailable at that time. When I did finally get Michelle she said they could not re enter room since another guest had checked in the day we checked out. She refused to even go look herself. ..What a great manager. The next morning I called the room directly myself. The gentleman/guest that answered the phone told me the shoes were in the closet. He didnt even have to look--he said when they checked in (the day we checked out) that the shoes were in the closet. He said he would take them to front desk that day. I called michelle to let her know --I gave her my credit card # and address so michelle could mail the shoes from Pak Mail. I then called Pak Mail to confirm their policy. Michelle held the shoes for three more days before she took them to Pak Mail to be shipped to me. The guest took the shoes to front desk on thurs afternoon. Michelle mailed them on Monday. Michelle could have called the mail place to pick up the shoes, she is aware of their policy. According to the mail place she has done this on numerous occasions. She was spiteful and hateful everytime I talked to her. Tiffany was rude everytime I talked to her. Even when we were guest she was rude.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank mimi191

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel for ANYONE. We had money stolen out of our purses while walking on the beach. There was some confusion regarding the checkout day on our part. One hour after checkout, the hotel put our belongings in the lobby while we were on the beach. They put all of our refrigerator items in the same garbage bags with our computers & electronics. All items were put in the lobby. It was disrespectful & NEVER listed on policy that 1 hour after checkout, they throw people's belongings in the lobby. During the time that the staff packed & transferred our items to the lobby, all of the money was stolen from our purses. I was alone in PCB with my two children during spring break and had to drive a long way to find another hotel for one night. Besides losing my vacation cash, the disrespectful front desk, and the constant noise, this was the worse vacation that I have EVER had. I would NEVER recommend this hotel or it's staff to ANYONE. I have never been treated so horribly! I filed a police report, but none of the staff would admit to taking the money! Don't stay here!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Debbie9999
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We are Bluegreen owners and this was the worse resort we have ever stayed in. We usually go to the Fountains, Big Cedar and other 5 star resorts. Well were we surprised! The toilet in the bathroom had a black ring and was filthy. The resort was very dated. The sofa was very uncomfortable to watch TV. The carpet is old and worn. No WiFi in the room. The only good thing was the picturesque view of the Gulf. The water was green and the sand white. We asked the one person staff at the front desk about restaurants and she did not know. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. Very poor quality resort for Blue green. Close to shopping.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank papanmama
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed there twice already in the past 2 years and this time we got a huge room with a corner (wrap around) balcony. The best fiture of this hotel is the location! It's right on the beach with all the rooms facing the ocean, it's amaizing!!! The hotel itself is ok, has a decent pool with sea water and it's heated too, has a hot tub. No activities for kids at all. Rooms are equiped with pretty big kitchen (all the appliences, dishwasher, washing machine, coffee machine, etc). The cleaning services are once a week. Overall a decent place to stay with a family but don't expact much else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family