“Perfect everytime...”

Ocean Towers Beach Club
Huntsville, Alabama
“Perfect everytime...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

As an owner since 1985, I have to say that I have never had a bad experience at Ocean Towers. I have not been able to visit our condo in a few years so when I was able to this year, I have to admit I was a little worried (especially after reading the most recent reviews). I arrived and couldn't have been more pleased! I was treated well, the check-in process was quick, my condo was clean and even at 20+ years old, was not in too bad of shape. Give this place a chance...and remember it is older and smaller but still a great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AaronsMom21

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Georgia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've read the reviews of Ocean Towers Beach Club and from experience, I have to agree that the condos need some repair and undating, otherwise, they are okay.The location is great and the views of the beach are awesome. I have enjoyed my vacations at this resort for many years. The staff has always been friendly to me. Smoking is allowed only at a certain picnic table under the complex and the ants seem to be a protected species because they constantly crawl all over you in this area. Before you make reservations here, please be aware that you are not allowed access to your condo before you sign a paper agreeing to pay up to a $1000 fine if you smoke on the balcony. This is true! Anyway, I've listened to a number of people tell of how they or someone they knew had been billed on their credit cards or billed personally for smoking on the wide open, windy, no one can smell your smoke balcony- wheather they were guilty of this or not. I asked security about this rule. I was told that people who smoked on the balcony left the doors opened and the air conditioner froze. Only a smoker would do a thing like that ? Also if you are allergic to animal dander, stay somewhere else. Dogs are now allowed at the resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dobbieanne
Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Enjoyed a three-night stay in a very nich two-bedroom corner unit overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Could not find much to complain about. Unit was very clean and with minor exceptions, everything worked perfectly. Staff members were extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner unit for the best views of the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank chaparral24
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 3 times and its always been a nice place to stay. We always got good service from the ladies at the front desk and the rooms we've stayed in are pretty nice. Watch out where u park at though...the security guy told us to park outside the gate bc we were driving a 1500 Cheverlot EXT cab and we got a parking ticket when we parked outside the gated area even though we had a card in our window reading that we were staying at their resort. Nice place to stay overall.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank fortdaddy
Buford, GA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at Ocean Towers in the middle of June. I admit that this is not a 4 star resort, however, it was clean and well maintained. Our room was a 1 bedroom and it was quite roomy. I have read reviews about how unfreindly the workers at the resort are and how strict they were. I ran into no problems and the workers I ran into were very nice. It is a great location and if you are a guest at the resort, you can rent the beach chairs under $20 a day. Some have also wrote about the parking. Do not be concerned, there is public parking adjacent to the resort for $2 for 24 hours. You will not be disappointed. The only downside was this is a timeshare resort. Since some of these people have been coming to this resort, the same week every year it is like going to a family reunion where you do not know anyone.

Room Tip: If you are trading for timeshare you probably will not get a two bedroom.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Buford71
memphis
Reviewed July 1, 2012

been staying at ocean towers since 1985. went in june this year loved it. staff was wonderful, place is old but still just as nice, but wont leave you broke, they are remodeling and putting in new appliences, funiture,etc. will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank alison c
Telluride, Colorado
Reviewed May 14, 2012

One of the worst resorts I have ever stayed at . Very old and outdated and dirty. Staff extremely rude. I would recommend to stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Place was old
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family